SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stolen Honor viewer reaction - only active & vets respon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Stolen Honor viewer reaction - only active & vets respon Reply with quote

Would like for this to be for the vets and active military and their families to be able to respond to. Think it is so very important for them. This came from another site I frequent. This gentleman viewed the movie and here is his response all on his own, posted with his permission. I am sending him the link to this thread so he can read your responses.

Quote:
As we grow up we tend to lose the selfishness that we hold on to as children. You know when we don't want to share our toys and are a little bit stingy. It's all about me, me or mine. Typical kids stuff that we out grow. Why do I bring this up?? Well it occurs to me that I have something very powerful in my possession, we all do. It's my vote. The reason I was talking about being sellfish is well because I was being sellfish. Many of you know my issues with GWB and they seemed really real to me. That was until I watched the video about John Kerry and Vietnam. I was appauled and shocked by what I saw and heard. I really never had any idea about this situation and I thank the person who posted the video.

Let me start by saying that I am sure some of the troops in Vietnam were guilty of crimes, just as the one in Iraq were. Under those circumstances, do I blame them.?? Thats another post. My point is that John Kerry for his own personal political gain created an atmosphere that fueled hate for our troops and helped their captors manipulate their prisioners.He labeled each and everyone one of them. I mean it's bad enough being a POW in any war but to see the Country you are fighting for turn against you...I can't Imagine.

When I first decided to Vote for John Kerry, I was keeping in mind my own life and his promises. I am an American and I LOVE MY COUNTRY!!! I also love my fellow Americans. How could anyone who has the same love create the situation Senator Kerry did back in Vietnam. It makes me stop and think...What will Kerry do if he is elected President. Will he treat his JOB as just a JOB for his own gain like he did in Vietnam or Like George W Bush, will he do anything in his power to keep us safe and stand by his decisions even if those around him are sometimes critical of what he does..IE Like I said I don't agree with everything GWB does. No one is ever going to agree with everything someone does, we all have differences of opinion on certain things. One thing I have no difference of Opinion on is the Future of America and it's people. I want my niece and Tony's niece and all the future generations of children to grow up in a country that is safe and secure. Many people critcise GWB for the state of the economy after 911 and Gas prices and going to war with Iraq. Heck I used to question those things alot.

I stopped and thought about it. Considering the attacks of 911 . We are doing great. How many of you thought that we would never recover.?? I did. I used to think that GWB couldn't use 911 in his campaign. I thought a little more about that too. Yes it is his job as the leader of this country to keep us safe but he should also get credit for being so darn good at. I used to think these terror alerts were BS but look at the events of 911. They do want all Americans dead, they hate us because of nothing more than our way of life.

It's easy for us to sit back and look at what Bush hasn't done for us??? Why. I have the answer. We as Americans always want the best of everything. We are spolied . Considering what happened to this country in 2001 we are doing more than very well. The gas prices suck but hey at least almost all Americans have a car. I am starting to see the glass half full again.

I am such a stubborn person sometimes. Tony will agree. This is probably one of the biggest and most important decisions I will ever make. I know alot of you think that I have changed my mind and will change it again. Nope. Too much of what I have seen and read over the past week has really opened my eyes. While bush may not be the best speaker at least the words that come of of his mouth don't change everytime he opens it. He stands by what he believes in and does what he says he is going to do. I know that no matter what he will not sell us out and I feel safe going to bed at night. I understand that if the terrorists really want to attack us they will but with Bush in office I really think the odds are in our favor. I used to think that the best way to win a war was with diplomacy. I guess this world has changed and we must change with it. I wish we could shake hands with the terrorists and work out a deal. It has taken me too many reports of beheadings to realize that that will never be possible.

I have read many posts saying many things, I know we all have our own issues. We want what is best for us and our family. The problem is we are seperating our own issues and putting them before what is best for this country. Thats what I was doing and I apologise.

After viewing the tape of Kerry and the Lies he told, I can't help but stop and think what he would do to our future and security if elected. Just for his persoanl gain.

I will be the first to admit, I hate war. "War is Hell" but we didn't start this fight and if we didn't take action when we did I honestly believe that we would one day be living in a society riddled with bloody attacks reminicent of Israel's everday trip to the Bus stop.

Given the unprecedented events of 911 and the progress this country has made since that fateful day we are sending a Message worldwide that will will not cower to terrorism and we will fight those cowards where ever they rear their ugly heads. For the sake of this country and the futre Generations to come!!!! Send a Message on November 2nd

NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear brother,

Yes. I consider you a brother because you are seeing truth and you are accepting that truth. I am proud to tell you "Welcome aboard"!

"Many have eyes but they cannot see and many have ears but they do not listen"

I think you know that what you've learned is true and your convictions are being formed and solidified. Stay committed to your new found belief! And thank you for desiring to learn the truth...

A friend,

- Chief
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sane person likes war.

No sane person would fly a plane into a building full of innocents.

No sane person could stand by and allow that to happen without taking up the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, and by opposing, end them.

I am not a combat veteran. However, I HAVE been intensely trained to survive, no matter what.

Gas doesn't matter. Money is easy, once you figure out it's just how some people keep score.

Look into your heart. Examine your soul. What did *YOUR* ancestors do when push came to shove?

Bear with me a moment, while I drag out my mom's DAR history. She has 13 bars on her ribbon. That represents 13 separate and distinct lines of ancestors to the Revolution. My sister has 14 on hers. My daughter will have 15 when she is accepted. You may be saying "So what?" Good question. One of those bars is for a 15 year old kid. He was a drummer boy during the Revolution. He got wounded. We have his drum, with his blood still on it.

The point is, if that bullet had hit a couple inches to the right, and I wouldn't be here. The entire line of my family would be *gone*, snuffed out.

3000 lines were snuffed out on September 11, 2001. Some of them will bear out. Many won't.

What does that have to do with today?

You have a choice. Pure and simple.

You can trust your fate and the fate of your children to a proven leader.

Or you can put your fate in the hands of a man with a known record of abandoning his men, lying about his actions, lying about the actions of men he never knew, and willing taking orders from known enemies of the United States, and prolonging a war we should have righteously won, and in the process subjecting his brothers in arms to torture and confinement.

Son, I can't tell you what to do. All I can say is look inside yourself. Your ancestors have the answer. Listen to them.

As to "diplomacy", you can NOT negotiate with terrorists. Period. Case closed. You kill them, before they kill you. That's sad, however, if you can't handle that simple fact, you may as well take yourself out of the gene pool. We don't need you. This election isn't about YOU. It isn't about ME. It's about our children, our grandchildren, our great-grandchildren.

Last year 36,000 people died of influenza. 1,200 died making sure you survived long enough to vote.

It's your choice. Choose wisely.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In deference to our forum members who are not current or former military, I'm moving this to the Vets/Active duty forum.

Thanks

Admin
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: From the Heart Reply with quote

As I watched honorable men reliving tales no one should have to relive, all in the cause of stopping America, a nation they truly love from making a grave mistake, I realized something; The pain they endured in a North Vietnamese prison was not nearly as severe as the pain they felt when talking about one of their own who turned his back on them.

Jesus felt this same pain after his follower Judas betrayed him for talons of silver.

John Kerry was their Judas, the one who betrayed them, their fellow veterans and America as a Nation. Unfortunately the Liberal Press and the spin masters employed by Kerry hid the true story of John Kerry from the people.

At one time we as a people demanded Integrity above all else, for those whom we elected to high office. John Kerry is a soulless man without integrity and nearly half the nation is supporting him. This is the state our beloved republic has fallen into and we may not survive if this Judas is elected.

To the Honorable men who tried to tell the truth, I salute you and support you.

God Bless You All and God Save America

Independent that leans right of center.
JCCremer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: One old soldier's reaction Reply with quote

Compliments to the author. He put my sentiments into words much more eloquently than I could ever have.
"Never mind the pissants--the elephants are stampeding!" (author unknown to me, but a good thing to keep in mind)
John C. Cremer
Let the truth be known. I'm with you guys and Kerry insulted all of us with his anti-war activities. Let's hold him accountable.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spoken. Our ancestors came here with nothing or very little to build and leave for us what we have. Over the decades many have given all they had to defend it. Our vote is precious and it is a unique right that few in the world have. What is galling is those who would compromise that by fraud or by legal manipulation. We are a basically honest people and have little tolerance for this type of fraud. There are also people who hate us for what we have and what we are. Nothing more or less. We defend against them because we have faith in ourselves and all our system stands for. We cannot subborn ourselves to global opinion or to those who our ancestors came here to get away from. We are Americans and will remain so. Choose wisely and be informed and vote.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wish is that I could put it the words that you did, but being a decrepit old Master Chief who retired 31 years ago, the words are not as articulate as I would like them to be.

What irritates me mostly is tha Kerry did what he did before the Senate while we still had troops that were being held prisoner and this to me was unconsciencible. Bad enough to turn on his fellow comrades but to put the POW's in harms way (moreso than they aqlready were) is unforgiveable. (I do not have much use for most Senators either, including some Republicans)

Thanks for the words of wisdom - My vote has been cast for a man who has the fortitude to stand for what he believes and puts the country ahead of himself

- Get out and cast your vote for a great president

God Bless George Bush - God Bless America
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a great documentary that I hope earns its place in the Historical Movie Files. It is always a humbling experience for me to listen to POWs talk about their experiences they went through. I don't know if I would have had the strength these men exhibited to make it through for all those years.
Trickworm
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the video from the download site as I don't live in any of the market areas. I had my brother in law and his wife over this weekend and had them watch it along with the mini documentaries that the swift vets now have on their site.

My brother in law and his wife are staunch Bush supporters, but they were equally shocked by the facts represented by the POW veterans and the follow up shorts at the SBV site. They commented that they were not aware of these facts and I told them to thank the main stream media for their lack of awareness.

I was particularly moved watching "Smitty" while they interviewed his wife. You could see the emotion welling up behind his eyes at having to rake open the wounds once again. The other POW vets also covered my sentiments on any potential Kerry apology. No, I don't want an apology. I want the truth! Nothing less! Regardless of the outcome of this election, we need to continue the fight to expose John Kerry as the traitorous bastard that he really is.

I can only trust that there is a special place in Hell reserved for John Kerry, Tom Hayden and Hanoi Jane Fonda.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: