SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evangelical Christians, Orthodox Jews and Roman Catholics...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissouriVeteransDaughter
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Evangelical Christians, Orthodox Jews and Roman Catholics... Reply with quote

Isn't it strange how these groups seem to be coming together in support of our President and the values he represents? The MSM pundits are going on and on about how hopelessly divided our nation seems to be. Maybe we are, but maybe, just maybe, they don't know the rest of the story...
"Lord...Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman" Ps15:1-3.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the silent roar that will roll across the country on November 2! As Sean Hannity says, "Let not your hearts be troubled"..Our President will be re-elected, because our socially conservative friends, will not sit this one out, the issues are too important to them..(and frankly to me!) that this time, they know that if they sit out this election, it could be too late to unring the bell four years from now.

The MSM constantly puts down "this vote"..it dismisses it ..the last laugh will be ours, and theirs around, oh..midnight November 2..and I for one can not wait to see their faces.. Cool

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: The Hand Of God is in this Reply with quote

Though I speak my words as a whisper yet they shall ring like a great gong across the heavens. I come as a hunting cat stalking upon padded feet yet the Great Man in his fortress hears my foot steps as the thundering of a thousand hooves and his heart knows fear. The mortar of his spirit dries up and crumbles and the walls of his citadel crack and fall assunder. All that is left to him is the wailing of the wind.
My Jihad it will be, a fire burning from Tunis to Tehran. The wailing of women and the crying of babes. The great lands of Imhotep and the legacy of Pharoh will be caught up in a great flood and buried in the muck of the Nile Delta. The Holy Cities of Mecca and Medina will disapear in a blinding flash of light and be buried beneath a sea of molten glass. The great rivers of the north will be stopped up and diverted in their courses and the lands of Syria and Iraq will be left as bones bleaching in the desert sun. And the Persian in his house will cringe in the shaddows cowering like a frightened dog.

The words of Daouda al Majnun

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Evangelical Christians, Orthodox Jews and Roman Catholic Reply with quote

MissouriVeteransDaughter wrote:
Isn't it strange how these groups seem to be coming together in support of our President and the values he represents?

The Lord works in mysterious ways - and His ways are not our ways.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Roman Catholics Reply with quote

There was a post on another thread about a Catholic Bishop that appeared in a TV campaign ad put out by Catholics Against Kerry, to be run in Pennsylvania and Ohio, both of which have heavy Catholic populations. Basically saying that no Catholic can vote for a pro-abortion politician, whereas war can be justified in the Catholic Church under certain circumstances (I've read the Catechism on this issue, Iraq was a borderline case!)

Maybe they should have started this earlier, but John Faithless Kerry might have problems with this one...

What was that line about "faith without works is dead"? Indeed...

The Lord does work in mysterious ways...
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the Amish!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/08/06/politics/main634425.shtml

Never mind not having a cell phone they don't even have landlines are completely missed in polling. Imagine if they make the difference in Ohio or maybe Pennsylvania. Bush has sepnt a lot of time in Lancaster County. Is this one of Rove's beneath the radar secret weapons?
Maereta
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Lancaster County among the Amish and they are showing a great deal more enthusiasm for this election than is usual. When Bush's motorcade went through several weeks ago they turned out by the thousands to line Rt. 340 and wave and cheer. He spoke to a group at Lapp Electric and then met privatly with a group of Amish. When he held a rally at the Lancaster Airport last Wednesday there were 25 or 30 Amish in the crowd of 20,000. Just unheard of for Amish to attend a public political rally.
Just east of Intercoure (yes, that's the name of a town!) in an Amish barnyard, there is a LARGE homemade sign that says, "God bless George W Bush and give him 4 more years"
I know there is a local veterinerian who has put a lot of effort into making them aware of the issues and encouraging them to vote. They are very family oriented and God fearing people.
MissouriVeteransDaughter
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maereta--Can you scope things out tomorrow and give us an idea as to whether the Amish are going to the polls in Lancaster? We have quite a few Mennonite communities here in Southwest Missouri and many of them still have relatives in Pennsylvania. It would be such SWEET IRONIC JUSTICE if arguably the most conservative and values based group in the Country happened to be the ones to give President Bush a victory tomorrow! "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." Math. 5:5.
"Lord...Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman" Ps15:1-3.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow the silent majority is going to ROAR!!!!

GWB landslide......
Maereta
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missouri Vets Daughter - Sure, I can give you a report tomorrow about Amish turn-out at the polls here. I love your comment about it being "sweet ironic justice if the Amish give Pres. Bush the victory". Several weeks ago there was someone writing letters to the editor of the Lancaster paper warning the Amish not to vote - all sorts of goofy reasons, like if you register to vote, your kids will get drafted. The Amish were laughing about it among themselves, and trying to figure out who it might be.

My daughter attended Evangel Laughing so I've been to Springfield a few times.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
Tomorrow the silent majority is going to ROAR!!!!

GWB landslide......

YES!
They have come together because they love God and know who is working for God. They recognize communism and anit-God messages. See? those that refuse to have TV in their homes and homeschool their children know the TRUTH. I didn't homeschool and my kids have been overwhelmed by the liberal message and in school each day they don't have me to support them. I am praying the struggle will make them stronger in their convictions. With my kids, 25,21,17 I AM WINNING! My heart aches when I see them challenged because I loved school and never had the opposition they encounter daily.

The media is the enemy, make no mistake about it. We own the blogging and radio possibly. We have a foothold.
After Nov 2 we will stop this communist take over of our country! We have alot of work to do after Nov 2.
Get the vote out for President Bush. Pray and give thanks. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hard to believe four million Evengelicals sat out in 2000. Did the the Bush OUI story really have that much of an impact? I hope that the rise of the evengelicals offsets the Democrat gains in the urban and youth votes and I hope hope his foreign policy wins over the jews in Florida. Like no other election, this is really a battle of the seculari culture versus the sprititual culture.
Maereta
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I promised you an update on the Amish vote in Lancaster Co. I went to vote at 7 this morning and then at 10 took some elderly relatives. Both times there were Amish in line and in the booths, and the thing that amazed me was that there were as many women as men. One of the poll workers told me that Amish turn-out is much higher this year.
I had to chuckle because they were all wearing their best clothes and making a real event of it. When the Lancaster evening paper comes around 3 I'll let you know what they are saying about countywide turnout.
MissouriVeteransDaughter
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maereta,
Thanks for the update--I just knew that it would be good news!!! The people of God KNOW how important this election is, and we will put George W. Bush back in office! I'll be watching the Pennsylvania returns and hoping that the President wins the State where so many Patriots have died for our freedom. Remembering September 11th.....
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For an in depth analysis of religion and politics in America see:

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/153/story_15355_1.html

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: