SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meet the Press just showed the 1971 War Crimes clip
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Meet the Press just showed the 1971 War Crimes clip Reply with quote

Full Transcript http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6362470/
CNBC will rebroadcast this Sunday's show on: Monday night at 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. ET

MR. RUSSERT: Mr. Mayor, Bob Kerrey was just here, a decorated war veteran. He said he and John Kerry served in Vietnam, decorated heroes. George Bush was in the Guard, Dick Cheney never served, you never served. How can you criticize them for being anti-military?

MR. GIULIANI: Because you have to look at John Kerry's career since Vietnam? All John Kerry wants to do is look at his service in Vietnam. We respect him for that. We honor him for that. Whatever happens in this election, I think he's going to always have an honored place in history for the way he served our country in Vietnam. It's since he came back from Vietnam that John Kerry turned against his soldiers, his colleagues in Vietnam. Nobody else did that. He's the one who turned against them.

He printed a book with the American flag, his name on it, the American flag turned upside down. A book, by the way, that you have to pay $1,000 to get because it's out of circulation. He turned against us in the war--in the Persian Gulf War. He voted consistently against defense programs, one of the most ardent critics of Ronald Reagan, and he's taken 14 different positions on this war in Iraq. That's the record since Vietnam.

The reason why John Kerry doesn't talk about the period of time between his Vietnam service and today is because he's had a consistent record of being anti-military, anti-defense, anti-intelligence services, and now he's trying to do the best that he can to reconcile all those positions, and that's why he's described as, I guess, a flip-flopper or a person who changes positions.

Last edited by integritycounts on Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:35 pm; edited 5 times in total
Sue Bob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you believe Bob Kerrey's disingenous statement that the Swift Boat ads are going to discourage young men to sign up for the Armed Forces because they might be treated badly (like John Kerry) later if they run for office?

I used to respect this guy.

This bothers me so much--I had to blog about it.

http://suebobsdiary.blogspot.com/2004/10/disgusting-sophistry.html[/url]

Last edited by Sue Bob on Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russert started to hammer Kerrey about Kerry's praise of the war in Afghanistan but he let Kerrey parry it, and then get away with that.
nschlange
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped watching meet the press, along with any other news program on either abc, nbc and especially cbs, months ago. I got so tiered of the way they were treating the swiftvets. The fact that they continued to have Brinkley on and treat him as some "historian" and allow him to say things like "all the claims that the swiftvets made have been proven false!" Not once did i see any of them interview the vet's about this book or answer to the stupid statements brinkley was making. I got tiered of writing letters of complaint and just stopped watching. They've already proven with this election that you can't trust them to tell you the truth so i'd rather get my news on Fox and the internet.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was jaw dropped when I heard Russert's question....because in that one quick moment the truth was said on major Network news.

Kerry is Anti-Military, its clear and plain. This will be an important transcript to get when available
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

full transcript here http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6362470/
MR. RUSSERT: ...hoping that people would say, "We understand you are now qualified to be commander in chief." When John Kerry came back from the war in Vietnam, he was outspoken in his opposition. He actually appeared on MEET THE PRESS, was extremely critical of the behavior of himself and his fellow soldiers.

MR. KERREY: Yeah.

MR. RUSSERT: Let's just watch that for a second.

(Videotape, April 18, 1971):

MR. KERRY: There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed.

(End videotape)

MR. RUSSERT: Many Vietnam veterans were outraged by that.

MR. KERREY: They were hurt by it.

MR. RUSSERT: Should he apologize?

MR. KERREY: I think he--this is what I think he should say. I tried to end this war, along with lots of other returning veterans. By the way, I did as well, but what I said I know hurt people. I know it hurt veterans out there, and it's been--made it difficult for them, and I spent my entire political career working to try to help Vietnam veterans and other veterans. I've watched John fight for veterans' issues, fight for veterans' benefits, fight for assistance and Agent Orange. I think--yes, I think he needs to acknowledge that he hurt people. I think it would go a long ways to defusing some of the pain that Vietnam veterans feel. And I know that he feels this personally. I know he understands that. But it's tough in a presidential campaign when you've got to keep the attention focused on the things that got you in there in the first place. It's hard to, you know, basically take the bait.

But look, we're now in an unpopular war again, where young men and women are having to make the decision, "Do I sign up? Do I volunteer?" And what kind of signals does it say when the president and the vice president, who didn't serve in the Vietnam War, don't condemn these advertisements and ask their friends, Boone Pickens and others, to take these Swift Boat ads down? What kind of message does it send? It says, "You're better off not going and fighting an unpopular war because if you want to run for public office later, it may come back and haunt you." That's a terrible message, in my view, to be sending to our young men and women right now who are trying to decide, "Should I join the Army National Guard? Should I get in the reserves? Should I join the active duty military forces?"
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that, folks, is called spin. "Why" I haven't the foggiest clue, but Bob Kerry definitely goes in my black list.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the answer is, yes young people are lining up to serve, the military has reached their goals for the year, and there is a waiting list..I have a friend who joined the Marines and has to wait 9 months to report....doesn't sound too bad to me...
Trickworm
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my mind, you are known by the principles that you profess and those that you support and dismiss. If that is Kerrey's perspective on the issue, then I think it speaks volumes as to his true beliefs and opinions.

If I were in his presence, I would tell him as Jesus once said. Depart from me. I never knew you.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"You're better off not going and fighting an unpopular war because if you want to run for public office later, it may come back and haunt you." That's a terrible message, in my view, to be sending to our young men and women right now who are trying to decide, "Should I join the Army National Guard? Should I get in the reserves? Should I join the active duty military forces?"

---Bob KEREY

Quote:
That unknown quantity is the spirit of the army, that is to say, the greater or lesser readiness to fight and face danger felt by all the men composing an army, quite independently of whether they are, or are not, fighting under the command of a genius, in two- or three-line formation, with cudgels or with rifles that repeat thirty times a minute. Men who want to fight will always put themselves in the most advantageous conditions for fighting.

The spirit of an army is the factor which multiplied by the mass gives the resulting force. To define and express the significance of this unknown factor- the spirit of an army- is a problem for science.

--Leo Tolstoy War and Peace

http://tolstoy.thefreelibrary.com/War-and-Peace/14-2

I ask myself when I hear Bob and John Kerry's blathering about the failures of the United States as a compliant victim on 9/11

I ask myself how do they help the 'spirit of the army', how are they unifying the populace, helping make us stronger in our defense.

Bob Kerry says today that yes his words, and John Kerry's words were most divisive in the 70's and remain so today. Is that my fault, or John O’Neill’s fault? I think not.

The Misseures Kerry et kerey are not helping the cause of defending this nation today.

I'm voting for Bush.
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Issue Reply with quote

Just like Lawerence spouted "What did you do to end the war",
Fact of the matter is that The Commandre in Chief at that time, Nixon, had authority to lead the military. John [Traitor] Kerry used what ever he could to curcumvent [sp] that authority and do what he wanted. Regardless who his handlers or directions came from, he was in NO authority to do what he did. He is a traitor, plain and simple.
US Citizens are not the CInC and have the right to mutiny against the President. Kerry's actions were just that. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Steve Christensen
stylin19
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russert had Kerrey twisting in the wind on Tora Bora, then let him of the hook. I hate when that happens.

but, alas, he never asked.
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Tim Russert Boogie @ Bruce Springsteen Concert!! Fair & Reply with quote

I guess you guys missed the news that TIM RUSSERT
(EVEN THOUGH HE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO DO SO)
was seen doing the boogie at the first Bruce Springsteen
concert (Kerry rally)Rolling Eyes

Other press has begun a subtle campaign of leaking his
liberal views and Democratic affiliation.

It was reported so quietly...I almost missed it.
I think there are pics somewhere..
So what else is new??

Have you ever wondered if the press learned to "spin"
from politicians, or if politicians learned to "spin" from the
press???
No matter..Results are the same.

Hope springs eternal. We are a generation that is privileged
to watch the "mating of the dinosaurs"...MSM

Make it a great day.
Mary Ann Parker

Last edited by Mary Ann Parker on Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russert may have a personal bias....but he generally is the best of anything that is offered on ABC NBC CBS (except for John Stossal....who is hero among cowards at ABC)

Russert ask questions.....just wait until you see the ABC Jennings Kerry interview they will run tommorow....he is giving a stump speech instead of answering anything.

When asked about his idea all he said was he would tell everyone AFTER they put him office....saying that is the way you negotiate.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost ALL respect for Bob Kerrey when I saw him on the 09-11 Commission - all he is is a DNC puppet that goes by DNC policy - it was clear when he attacked Dr Rice and when he sucked up to Richard Clarke. What a joke these DNC puppetmasters are...the sad part of it is the MSM is all behind them and their ultimate goal of getting John "F" Kerry elected. Hopefully the truth will prevail of election day and the American people will stand up and see the truth and that is John Kerry is truly "Unfit for Command".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: