SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"First Responders for Kerry?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: "First Responders for Kerry?" Reply with quote

Rank and file for Kerry? Spread 'em Johnny. Dunphy hoses down the fraudulent perp...

Quote:
First Responders for Kerry?
Don’t bet on it.
by Jack Dunphy
National Review Online
August 03, 2004

I was not among the National Review Online stalwarts reporting from Boston last week. Instead I was here in Los Angeles doing my small part in the battle against crime and villainy. Mine was arguably the more pleasant task.

If you doubt this, consider if you dare this blood-curdling scene, beamed from Boston into the Dunphy living room last Wednesday morning, courtesy of C-SPAN: There was Michael Moore holding forth before an enthralled, adoring audience, an audience that cheered and applauded and Oh, yes, Michael!-ed at every inanity spilling forth from the man's lips. But when the camera was briefly turned on Moore's enraptured flock, there incongruously among them was Byron York, stoically enduring the pain as he scribbled away in his trusty notebook. Can you even begin to imagine what an ordeal this was for him? Better to spend time among L.A.'s criminal rabble than that bunch any day, I say. I don't know what York's drinking habits are, but I suspect he needed a bracer after walking out of that one.

I'm a part-time political junkie, so when I wasn't out among the said rabble I was of course paying close attention to the proceedings in Boston. I was struck by the attention the Democrats paid to "first responders," i.e. police officers, firefighters, and emergency medical personnel. There was a live broadcast from the engine bay of a Detroit fire station and a moving video tribute to the six Worcester, Mass., firefighters who died in a December 1999 warehouse blaze. And scattered throughout the Fleet Center and coming before the cameras every five minutes or so were clusters of men and women wearing those now-ubiquitous "Fire Fighters for Kerry" T-shirts. "We, as first responders, police, fire, and EMS, support John Kerry," said the Detroit paramedic as he stood before his comrades, some of whom looked a little embarrassed to be there. The uninformed viewer was perhaps left with the impression that John Kerry enjoys the unqualified support of the nation's public-safety workers.

He doesn't.

<snip>

Don't just take my word for it. Visit Fire Fighters for Bush on the web and read the postings from firefighters disaffected by the leftward leanings of the IAFF leadership. A message board asks firefighters if they were polled prior to the IAFF's endorsement of Kerry. An illustrative sample response from a fireman in Kentucky: "No IAFF unions in Kentucky were polled. After receiving the IAFF magazine yesterday and reading [IAFF General President Harold] Schaitberger's excuse for the IAFF endorsement I resigned as VP of the union today. I also quit the IAFF after being a member for 39 years."

National Review Online - Read On....

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:38 am; edited 2 times in total
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay,

You should run down the author's email address at NRO and make him aware of this website. It might generate another article from another "regular" Ist responder.

Tom
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, they don't put email addresses for the authors on line, but there is a contact page where you can direct comments about the editorial content of NRO:

http://www.nationalreview.com/contact/contact.asp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: