SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blue states safe from the wrath of Osama?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Blue states safe from the wrath of Osama? Reply with quote

This from the Middle East Media Research Institute via Power Line:

The tape of Osama bin Laden that was aired on Al-Jazeera on Friday, October 29th included a specific threat to "each U.S. state," designed to influence the outcome of the upcoming election against George W. Bush. The U.S. media in general mistranslated the words "ay wilaya" (which means "each U.S. state") to mean a "country" or "nation" other than the U.S., while in fact the threat was directed specifically at each individual U.S. state. This suggests some knowledge by bin Laden of the U.S. electoral college system. In a section of his speech in which he harshly criticized George W. Bush, bin Laden stated: "Any U.S. state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."

The Islamist website Al-Qal'a explained what this sentence meant: "This message was a warning to every U.S. state separately. When he [Osama Bin Laden] said, 'Every state will be determining its own security, and will be responsible for its choice,' it means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president has chosen to fight us, and we will consider it our enemy, and any state that will vote against Bush has chosen to make peace with us, and we will not characterize it as an enemy. By this characterization, Sheikh Osama wants to drive a wedge in the American body, to weaken it, and he wants to divide the American people itself between enemies of Islam and the Muslims, and those who fight for us, so that he doesn't treat all American people as if they're the same. This letter will have great implications inside the American society, part of which are connected to the American elections, and part of which are connected to what will come after the elections.

Alabama is in trouble. Yawn. Embarassed

Schadow
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to mess whatever Arabs wear under those robes when 44 states go RED on Tuesday.

Impotent, petulant - a hand-cuffed prisoner shouting threats at armed guards.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way or another we'll draw a bead on his location (in Iran). All bets off if a traitor was pres. Evil or Very Mad
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since when have the terrorists exempted anyone from their actions?
I don't think their 'plan' has any real relationship to who wins the election...

I think this is just rhetoric..... they may have a plan, but they'll use it, if they can, no matter who wins... good planning is costly, so they will use it no matter what...

The timing might be affected.... If Kerry wins they may wait until he is in office --- I think they fear Bush more.... also, if its very major, there might be a need for marshal law and Bush would stay in office....

But, no more doom and gloom...... just think how often the johns have told us that they have a plan....
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmn, I could swear NY voted for Gore in 2000, yet it didn't seem to stop us from getting attacked on 9/11.

In any event, I'd personally much rather be a target with principles and convictions than buy my safety through capitulation.

Endaar
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call in the Air Force...

HawkeyeLonewolf
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
He's going to mess whatever Arabs wear under those robes when 44 states go RED on Tuesday.

Impotent, petulant - a hand-cuffed prisoner shouting threats at armed guards.

sround
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: rparrott21

ROTFLMAO!

Laughing

Mission Accomplished!!
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God,I love the smell of spent fuel in the morning! and, I will be your enemy----how do you like me so far ?
Trickworm
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the devil has been down to Georgia a time or two from what I hear from Charlie Daniels and he ain't faired well yet. So I guess its time to set it straight and make it plain.

Georgia will once again be a red state and OBL better get ready for a good old country arse kicking. Cause its coming Osama Bin bubbala!
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SA1404

Endaar is right about New York, it's still quite a strange message though. Funny how everyone has downplayed this, normally msm would be on it like flies on dog poo.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we know why they didnt want the rest of that message played, individual states would be ENRAGED that this terrorist was giving them an ultimatum.

the MSM would be completely killing sKerry's chances if the whole thing aired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: