SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am having a nervous breakdown
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
air force brat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: I am having a nervous breakdown Reply with quote

This is devasting, I think I am going to be sick.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then watch this one, and 'chin -up'!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Presidential_04/RCP_Electoral_Count_Chart.html
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I am having a nervous breakdown Reply with quote

air force brat wrote:

The link is not working for me, but I assume it is an electoral map showing Kerry as the winner.

Folks, do not let yourself be influenced by these polls, especially now. All the signs are there for a Bush victory. The MSM is going to really hammer these kerry polls all day today and tomorrow in order to try an influence the vote for Kerry. Ignore it, ignore the pessimists, get out and vote and know that Bush will prevail when the votes are finally, and actually, counted. That will not be until late tomorrow.

Zell Miller
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That web site uses Zogby state polls. Item of information:

2002: Zogby correct 5/23 states

2002: Mson/Dixon correct 22/23 states
MKorner
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Frist. I called the White House. My senator's office (Santorum of PA) informed me they do not get involved in the election.

Where can I hear NavyChief and when? I'm too 'all thumbs' to even begin to figure out where on SwiftVets I can find the info. Sad
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be a Bush landslide. Don't be concerned with these polls or predictions. They are based on what people are saying publically, not what they are going to do in the privacy of the booth.

MANY MANY Kerry supporters (publically) will vote for Bush in private so they don't have to put up with the scorn of friends, family or co-workers.

Then when Bush wins by a landslide, in their heart they will go "YESSSS", but publically they will say "oh man, I can't believe he stole the election".

These are interesting times........
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the polls are too noisy to rely on. It was earlier commented that if these figures were coming out of an automation sensor, the engineer would be thumping around looking for a loose attachment, bad cable or ground loop.

Many polls have been trending Kerry on weekends, and trending Bush weekdays.

The HorseRace Blog:

http://jaycost.blogspot.com/

This guy is worth reading. Hope he is detached enough to keep Republican koolaid from influencing his thinking, but he seems to make a lot of sense.
nightingale97
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've discussed this site before and have found some real problems with it. But if you look at the Strong Bush vs Strong Kerry you see some glaring differences that make you feel a lot better.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Electoral-vote.com Reply with quote

Electoral-vote.com is EXTREMELY unreliable, because they only use ONE state poll to allocate the electoral votes for each state. In ALL the swing states (FL, OH, IA, WI, MI, MN) they used a Zogby poll, which are THE MOST UNRELIABLE. Zogby state polls over the last few days have shown 10-point swings in BOTH directions in one day. Zogby uses a four-day moving average which represents 600 "likely voters" with no internals given.

In other words, 150 voters per day per state. Zogby's 1% margin in FL is based on SIX PEOPLE, and if that swings toward Bush, it becomes Kerry 271-Bush 268, and then six people change their mind in New Mexico, and Bush wins!!! If Zogby called a small group of people who happened to be attending a Bush rally in FL and didn't answer the phone, then he calls up six Democrats, and hands FL to Kerry. But all those people at the Bush rally WILL VOTE, and get lots of their friends to vote for Bush.

By the way, Scott Rasmussen of RasmussenReports.com was on Fox & Friends this morning, and his WEEKLY polls (ending yesterday) showed Bush leading FL 49-47 and OH 50-48. If you start with electoral-vote.com and switch FL and OH from Kerry to Bush, you get Bush 278, Kerry 251, with NM and NH up in the air and irrelevant.

If you want to see where this race really is, look at realclearpolitics.com (which averages many polls) and throw out the Zogby polls.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zogby says Iowa is for Kerry? NEVER EVER KERRY. Church people, both Protestants and Chatolics, are enthusiastic voting for Bush. If Kerry wins in Iowa, it must be because of significant frauds.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Rasmussen Poll Reply with quote

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Presidential_Tracking_Poll.htm

Latest (11/1/04) Rasmussen numbers: Bush 48.8 Kerry 47.4.

This is better news than it looks, because Rasmussen numbers on Mondays (results for polls taken Friday, Saturday, Sunday) have been worse than any other day of the week for Bush, but this one gives Bush a small uptick.

Rasmussen's "generic vote for Congress" shows a 5% advantage for Democrats, so this poll shows evidence of either Democrats "crossing over" for Bush, or Independents voting for Democrats in Congress but Bush for President.

Dear "Air Force Brat": Pray and get out the vote today, vote tomorrow, and save the nervous breakdown for later. W needs your vote!
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do what you can to help.

Can you send the discharge story to 10 of your friends and ask them to send to 10 others. Why is this question not being answered by the media?

Or send an email to any of the many email lists in the main swiftvets chats?

http://www.nysun.com/article/4040

"A former officer in the Navy's Judge Advocate General Corps Reserve has built a case that Senator Kerry was other than honorably discharged from the Navy by 1975, The New York Sun has learned.

The "honorable discharge" on the Kerry Web site appears to be a Carter administration substitute for an original action expunged from Mr. Kerry's record, according to Mark Sullivan, who retired as a captain in the Navy's Judge Advocate General Corps Reserve in 2003 after 33 years of service as a judge advocate. Mr. Sullivan served in the office of the Secretary of the Navy between 1975 and 1977."

And this:

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41200

"There is overwhelming evidence that the Navy gave
John Kerry either a dishonorable discharge or an
undesirable discharge – which is the equivalent of a
dishonorable discharge without the felony conviction –
and that, as a result of such discharge, he was
stripped of all of his famous but questionable Navy
awards and medals. And the kicker? The evidence is on
his website!"

If we can ask the question, it could affect a vote.

Please help!!
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you who the number one statistical polling genius is in the world today...Karl Rove.

If Rove is happy, you should be too.

If he's doing the butt dance today....that's NOT a good sign for Kerry.
ulfie56
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polls ? My husband and I have both been voting for close to 30 years ! I have been registered in three different parties.
Neither of us have EVER been polled. Very Happy I think that we just need to keep working and have faith. Good example- Johnstown Tribune Democrat, which is in my opinion a little left of center, located in a very strong Dem. area endorsed President Bush yesterday !!!!! I almost fell over when I saw it. We are getting there.
This site as well as the bloggers have helped to counter balance the MSM.
Remember they want us to get depressed, give up- cut and run,we won't. Exclamation
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: I am having a nervous breakdown Reply with quote

air force brat wrote:

AFB,
Look closer, click on Meet the Votemaster.You will find this site is run by a left wing professor in Holland who is active in Democrats Abroad. Read all of his bio - it paints a very revealing picture of this man.

Let not your heart be troubled!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: