SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scenes of BUSH support from around Boston today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Scenes of BUSH support from around Boston today. Reply with quote

That's right, you heard me BUSH support right here in the very belly of the beast.

Riding the Red Line in today I was standing next to two typical Bostonian liberals that were discussing the election. The conversation went something like this:

Rider 1:"This has been the ugliest election that I can remember." (he had been watching the other guy reading the Boston metro that had a story about the election in it.)

Rider two: "Yes it has. I don't ever remember it being as bad as it has this year."

Rider one: "I've voted Democrat my whole life, but not this time. Did you see that farenheit thing? That was just totally uncalled for. I don't like the Republican party anymore than the next guy, but you have to have some decency and show at least a little respect for the office of the President. I hate to say it but they lost my vote this year because of all that stuff."

Rider two: "I know, you're right. I didn't think I would be voting for Bush either but I have been getting more and more convinced that I am, day by day seeing the way the Democrats have been behaving."

For all of you non-city types, when you are on a subway a conversation consists of yelling at the top of your lungs to be heard over the sounds of the train in the tunnel. So just about everyone on my half of the car overheard these two guys, and I was looking around, most people were shaking their heads in AGREEMENT, not in disgust as I was expecting.

Then I was heading through Chinatown, and just outside of the Chinatown gates, above the Dynasty resteraunt there is a gigantic Bush/Cheny banner flying.

The moral of the story is get your damn butt out to vote. Don't fall for the media lies, or stupid polls. No matter where you are do not believe for a second that your vote doesn't count. Get the hell out of your recliner and go vote tomorrow. If there is such open Bush support here in the belly of the beast then you can only imagine how strong it is elsewhere.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JC! Where ya been? Good to hear Red Line reports. I was in Baaahhhstan in mid October and I saw a lot of Bush support. Had a great conversation with some restaurant owners in Little Italy about their support for Bush. Loved Boston and new England: it was great to get out of the Texas steam for awhile.

In order for me to believe this is as close as they say, I would have to believe two things: One: that Kerry is a more viable candidate than Gore was (they both suck, quite frankly, but at least Gore was part of a popular presidency (blech) and Two: that everyone in America has forgotten about 9/11.

Bush will win.
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been posting on Mr. Hannity's boards Kimmymac.

I just wanted to pop on in here and let people see that there is striong support for President Bush even up here in Indian country, but the press will never ever report on it.

Glad you had fun up here in my little jewel of a city.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JC, nevermind someone beat me to it.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, it doesn't surprise me because I know some people up in that area personally. They are fedup with Teddy and JFK and enough is enough for them.

Maybe Kerry is showing his a$$ to all of his people back home as well.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
JC! Where ya been? Good to hear Red Line reports. I was in Baaahhhstan in mid October and I saw a lot of Bush support. Had a great conversation with some restaurant owners in Little Italy about their support for Bush. Loved Boston and new England: it was great to get out of the Texas steam for awhile.

In order for me to believe this is as close as they say, I would have to believe two things: One: that Kerry is a more viable candidate than Gore was (they both suck, quite frankly, but at least Gore was part of a popular presidency (blech) and Two: that everyone in America has forgotten about 9/11.

Bush will win.

Yes, Bush will win - but by how much - hopefully 3 points or more or they will try to take us to court for 3 months...that would be gross...much to do now and much to do after Bush wins...throw the media scoundrels out on their ear! We are a force to be reckoned with for the good of America and for the good fo the world!!

Sleepless in Seattle
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having lived in the People's RepubliK of Massachussetts for seven years (long ago), I have made it a personal mission to convince my old friends there that a vote for Kerry would be catastrophic. So far, I know I've convinced several otherwise Liberal Dems to switch to the President... blogs are helpful for that, especially with Kerry's track record.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: