SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A warning to military folks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: A warning to military folks Reply with quote

A warning to military folks:

The following has occurred to me regarding Kerry's military discharge situation:

1. If John Kerry is a narcissist, as many believe he is;
2. and, if he received a less-than-honorable discharge due to his anti-military, pro-Communist activites;

Then he would be one pretty angry narcissist.

Therefore, his becoming the Commander-in-Chief would put him in the perfect position to exact revenge on the U.S. military that confronted him with his failure to fulfill his high opinion of himself.

I would worry about decisions being made that could put U.S. soldiers in jeopardy, for example, voting against funding support, or voting against the superior weapons systems that decrease U.S. casualties. Was this done out of misguided pacifism, or out of malice towards the military?

Sorry to offer this gloomy concern, but considering this guy's history, it is certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

-- FDL

Narcissistic Personality Disorder
http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/section15/chapter191/191a.jsp

Narcissistic personality: Persons with this personality disorder are grandiose; ie, they have an exaggerated sense of superiority. Their relationships with others are characterized by their need to be admired, and they are extremely sensitive to criticism, failure, or defeat. When confronted with a failure to fulfill their high opinion of themselves, they can become enraged or seriously depressed. Because they believe themselves to be superior, they often believe others envy them and feel entitled to have their needs attended to without waiting. Thus they can justify exploiting others whose needs or beliefs they consider less important. Such characteristics often offend persons they encounter, including their physicians. This personality disorder occurs in high achievers but may also occur in persons with few achievements.

Last edited by fortdixlover on Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the Kerry 20 year senate record. Is their a single military or veteran initiative? If he truly cared about the military or veterans he would be attentive to issues of importance to the military-veteran community and propose legislation on their behalf. The only use Kerry has for the Military is election time when he drags his band of brothers out and parades them around the country treating them to a top shelf life style in return for their efforts.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: A warning to military folks Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

Narcissistic Personality Disorder
http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/section15/chapter191/191a.jsp

Narcissistic personality: Persons with this personality disorder are grandiose; ie, they have an exaggerated sense of superiority. Their relationships with others are characterized by their need to be admired, and they are extremely sensitive to criticism, failure, or defeat. When confronted with a failure to fulfill their high opinion of themselves, they can become enraged or seriously depressed. Because they believe themselves to be superior, they often believe others envy them and feel entitled to have their needs attended to without waiting. Thus they can justify exploiting others whose needs or beliefs they consider less important. Such characteristics often offend persons they encounter, including their physicians. This personality disorder occurs in high achievers but may also occur in persons with few achievements.

I'm with you 100% on this one. When you made the first post on this I read several articles about it. Every description of this mental disorder is John Kerry up and down.

He is a time bomb......waiting to go off.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
Look at the Kerry 20 year senate record. Is their single military or veteran initiative? If he truly cared about the military or veterans he would be attentive to issues of importance to the military-veteran community and propose legislation on their behalf.

From the psychological perspective, his voting against the troop funding ("I voted for it before I voted against it") could be a way of expressing hatred for the military, i.e., "the military shafted me [by not recognizing the superior, outstanding, heroic, single-handed-world-saving nature of my service over all those silly buffoons in the SwiftVets group], so I'm gonna shaft them back."

Tell me...is this beyond implausible, psychologically? Or is it a possibility?

Unfortunately, these are not petty business-office politics, but matters of life and death.

-- FDL
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When screening potential Police officers, it is a known fact that there is a percentage that has a problem with authority. Therefore, they want to become an authority, but are the worst possible flaws in Law enforcement and the hardest to detect.
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether or not he is willing to give our military proper support is by far the main issue for me. I think his election would really hurt the effort of our guys trying to do their job. His constant attacks against them, even though he says he supports them, have already aided the enemy and they once again use his speeches to undermine our support from other nations and embolden them.

Our military will be in deep Sh@@ if he wins. We will lose a lot of our guys just due to not being able to follow someone of his ilk. He certainly is no friend of the military, he used it to get what he wanted, turned on it, and now plays his 4 month tour like he's Patton.
Seaplaner
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: shared concern Reply with quote

I share your worry. If Kerry were (shudder) elected, he would soon realize that few in uniform genuinely respected him. (He should know this already, actually.)

I'm pretty certain that he envys the respect that the Swifties command from us vets.

I would expect reprisals, both above and below the surface.
jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: God Can Forgive Reply with quote

Isn't it amazing that our God can and will forgive even that?

I have not been able to imagine it myself. I can frankly not forgive it yet.

Pray for John Kerry - that he will repent. Imagine him admitting that he was wrong, and begging for forgiveness. For there is none righteous, no not one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: