SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Surrogate Sees Need to Define 'Terror'..Ideas Class???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Kerry Surrogate Sees Need to Define 'Terror'..Ideas Class??? Reply with quote

Sam,
Could you assist these people with an IQ challenge on the definitive
term "terrorist"???

In my case, it used to be raising teenagers. (Nothing could scare me)
Now it is JOHN FORBES KERRY having any influence in my life!!
At least we can see why Clark was an early casualty.
Make it a great day.
Mary Ann Parker

Kerry Surrogate Sees Need to Define 'Terror'
By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Morning Editor
November 01, 2004
http://www.cnsnews.com/Politics/archive/200411/POL20041101a.html

(CNSNews.com) - Retired Gen. Wesley Clark, campaigning Monday for Sen. John F. Kerry, said the U.S. and its allies must "agree on a common definition of terror"; and he said the Bush administration plans to invade Syria and maybe Iran once the job in Iraq is done.

In a satellite interview with Fox & Friends Monday morning, Clark was asked what Sen. John F. Kerry would do right away to protect national security: Diplomacy, Clark responded.

"It means dealing with our allies to agree on a common definition of terror. What are the standards of proof? What are the elements of the crime? How do we exchange information?

"John Ashcroft has done very little to internationalize our ability to create a seamless environment so we can go after terrorists everywhere," Clark said. He didn't explain what that meant.

Fox & Friends host E.D. Hill, surprised by Clark's comments, said, "So what you're saying is that we should talk to the folks over in Europe and elsewhere to define what a terrorist is?"

"And we should be putting them in court," Clark agreed. He criticized the Bush administration for detaining thousands of terrorists - and then releasing "almost all of them."

Clark also said the United States should "talk to the Syrians and the Iranians" because they are "feeding the problem in Iraq."

He said the Bush administration "has let people in the Middle East know that after we win in Iraq, we're going to be in Syria and maybe Iran."

Marc Racicot, chairman of the Bush-Cheney campaign, told Fox & Friends that the Kerry campaign doesn't have a plan - because Sen. Kerry is trying to appeal to people who don't support the war in Iraq.

"So he tried to figure out, 'How can I skate my way through this problem and be against Iraq and still be for the war on terror?' You just can't do it," Racicot said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: