SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What will our future bring?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: What will our future bring? Reply with quote

I came to this place alone seeking truth. Yet I find that there are many others who have come before me for the same reasons. There stands before me a Tabula Rasa, a yet uninscribed page in the book of history and I stand here wondering, "What shall I write"?
The God of Heaven gave me the "Gift of Words" and so I seek to use them in his service. To heal the sick, to comfort those weary of spirit,
to lift the burden of suffering that belabors the souls of men and to light the way to a new beginning for humanity.
Mine was a Phoenix generation. Our inheritance was blood and ashes.
It was our mission from the begining to take the blood and the ashes and make bricks and mortar to rebuild the edifice of our humanity.
I have known the sights and sounds of war. I have known the taste of blood and the smell of death. I have known the hatreds of my enemy. I have known the wailing of women and the crying of babes. The mothers, sisters,wives and children of those my fallen comrades. If my words can give them some future life, so be it the will of God.
Tyrants I have known from afar. Their deeds I have witnessed first hand.
I have known the anguish and despair of a man who thinks that there is no longer a God in Heaven to hear his pleas.
I stand only by the grace of God yet amongst the living. HIS HAND led me from out of the wasteland of the spirit to the light of a new day. As HE delivered Moses and the People of Israel, so HE delivered me. Into a new and PROMISED LAND.
HE gave me two eyes with which to see the "TRUTH". Two lips and a tongue to speak it. Two hands with which to work upon the "LAND" and a word of BLESSING for worthwile endeavour.
The task that is before me is the legacy of my ancestors, yet unfinished.
Mine is the hand now to till the soil of the spirit and to plant a new seed of hope. A new TREE shall grow in the GARDEN of humanity. Who will work with me?

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: