SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How will constant Rain in Ohio effect Turnout

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: How will constant Rain in Ohio effect Turnout Reply with quote

I looked on weather.com and its going to rain all day in Cleveland.

Any predictions on how that will help or hurt Kerry. My guess is it helps Bush, his support seems to be much more dedicated.
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Democrats would vote for a rabid rat (hell they are) just for retribution for the "stolen" election of 2000.

Rain will keep haters at home.

Republicans support and admire our candidate. Nothing will keep them from the polls.

Advantage BUSH!

SWC
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The local forecast for Northeast Ohio is for intermittent showers/storms. I guess it depends on what the definition of intermittent is. Seriously, I don't think the rain will make much difference up here. Ohioans are used to it, and worse. For one, I will be out to vote in my suit with my medals and badges, and I will vote for GWB! Very Happy
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Flu Vaccine and rain on election day ?????
Hmmmmm you know GWB is gona catch hell for killing off some lefties..... Cool
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I went to Ohio University (SE Ohio) in 2000, it was also raining that day. I remember going to Baker Center (where we voted) and the lines were always real long in between classes. Lots of people (as in a huge number) just turned around and headed off to their next class or just went home. Not sure if they returned, but back in 2000 we werent that involved, most of us didnt follow the issues in-depth, however I think things have changed a great deal and the students are more dedicated now so they'd be more likely to stick it out. I'll bet you see the largest percentage of registered College Students vote in recent history during this election. I'm glad to see everyone vote, but I'm afraid all the new registration will swing Kerry's way about 55-45 or 60-40. I agree, supporters of President Bush are much more dedicated and will wait through long lines regardless of rain. I hate to say it, but if a person isnt willing to stay a bit in the rain to cast a vote for the future of this country, its simply pathetic. Hopefully, the elderly already cast their ballots so they dont have to stand in the rain for a long duration! I know one thing for sure, I dont care if its lightning and a hail storm, I'll be at the polls early tommorow voting for George W.!!!
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, traditionally, the bad weather is bad news for the Republicans. HOWEVER, I think this race will be different. I think the Bush people KNOW they have to get out and vote. The polls are soooo close that it gives them momemtum just thinking of Skerry as President. Also, another reason that the campaigns do not release their own polling information is that they do not want their voters to get complacent, so polls this close is a good thing for this type of day.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pouring rain here in KY and supposed to rain all day. But that isn't going to stop anybody that I have talked to.
mcg1969
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Ohio Secretary of State, George Bush has a slim lead over John Kerry in early and absentee voting:

Bush: 49.87% with 800,950 votes.
Kerry: 49.12% with 788,799 votes

This is good news for Bush, given the HUGE effort the Dems put into convincing their voters to vote early! Still it's amazing how close it is, isn't it! Zogby's latest poll numbers for Ohio have him up 6 points. We'll see. He's been all over the map.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister just voted early this morning in the Republican stronghold of Warren County. She had to wait an hour in line! My parents voting in the same county were there over an hour and still waiting last I heard. Very Happy Trust me the Republicans are not staying home this year!!!!
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also remember that Republicans work for a living! Therefore they will flood the polls at 4:00pm till close.
All the Dems are early voters (No Jobs) !
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
MACVJOE
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure that if it rains all day in OHIO, the DNC will file suit against Karl Rove for voter suppression. Rain will always keep dead folks from voting.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rainning over the whole state of Ohio. The turnout here is huge, I've never seen it like this. Check my post on Cincy.
Poposwife_Retiredarmywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MACVJOE wrote:
I am sure that if it rains all day in OHIO, the DNC will file suit against Karl Rove for voter suppression. Rain will always keep dead folks from voting.

Its all that mud they can't sling anymore, keeps the coffins closed Laughing

Lorelei
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: