SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Illinois possibly in play?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sniper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Illinois possibly in play? Reply with quote

I about choked on my diet coke......Bush/Cheney 04 is running ads in ILLINOIS?????? Could there be a rout brewing, I cannot really see them spending money unless they figure there might just be a payback.

Also, to my fellow Illinoisans, Alan Keyes has said he will stay after the election to help rebuild the GOP. Anybody else want to help him, or am I nuts to want THAT man in charge of it rather than Bozos circus?
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Keys is a very intelligent decent man.

Once in a while he will say something that the MSM will take out of context and make him look foolish.

BUT once in a while he will say something DIFFERENT then the ordinary politian that is utterly brillent. It's very rare that someone in the public 'eye' actually has an original thought in trying to solve the root cause of the problem.

I love Alan Keys, the Senate would be a far better place if he were in it.
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are going for the popular vote so he can have a mandate!!!!!
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some cable ads run nationwide. I see Bush ads on FoxNews and MSNBC in Rhode Island.
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my report from Illinois, The Republican Strong DuPage county

Yesterday I got an email from a friend who had never voted before, she said there was too much at stake and she was voting for Bush

In traffic on the drive home yesterday, I saw a Honda Insight, one of those hybrid tree hugger cars that you would Not expect to have Bush Cheney 04 stickers, yet there they were

There were at least 3 times the number of people at my polling place this morning waiting in the rain. It would appear that Bush has his base motivated.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter wrote:
Alan Keys is a very intelligent decent man.

Once in a while he will say something that the MSM will take out of context and make him look foolish.

Media Reported
Keyes would take away the right to automatically be a citizen if you were born in the US.

What Keyes really said was "I wouldn't give automatic citizenship to children of illegal aliens"

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwww. Don't listen to what Cook and Lake Counties do. Downstate
may still hammer them.

And hey, don't knock little Honda Insights. I thought about it for a
work car before I got a Honda CR-V for trips and a little S-Model
Saturn for a work car. Being politically green and being actually
green are two entirely different things. I don't hug trees, I plant
them.

Very Happy
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipe wrote:
Awwwww. Don't listen to what Cook and Lake Counties do. Downstate
may still hammer them.

And hey, don't knock little Honda Insights. I thought about it for a
work car before I got a Honda CR-V for trips and a little S-Model
Saturn for a work car. Being politically green and being actually
green are two entirely different things. I don't hug trees, I plant
them.

Very Happy
Hey Snipe I just got a Saturn Vue and I think it's awesome, wasn't knocking the Insight at all, just wasn't expecting to see it with BC04 stickers on it. Very Happy

Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey snipe: so right. One of the OTHER big huge fat friggin OIM lies is that people on the right side of the political spectrum are all environmental rapists, and the truth is that CONSERVATIVE means that we view ourselves as CONSERVATIONISTS, and stewards of all God's creation.

We are just rational, and therefore do not think trees should be worshipped.

An activist isn't someone that talks about dirty water: an activist is someone that cleans the dirty water up. (GenXr)
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Being politically green and being actually green are two entirely different things. I don't hug trees, I plant them.

Well said. (My Dad is a Forestry Professor & backs Bush's forest policies. Ok, true, I think Dad's biggest joy is putting a difficult tree down exactly where he said it'd come down, but for every tree cut he's ever had anything to do with, even indirectly, I'd bet he's planted 100 himself.) Very Happy

As for Downstate, go really Downstate and the biggest signs in Carbondale are for... The Green Party? (College town.) As for Keyes, I was a little dubious about him coming in, but if he'll stay and kick some butts, that'd be great. God knows the Repub party in IL needs to have some butts kicked!
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Paul R."]
Quote:
God knows the Repub party in IL needs to have some butts kicked!
not kicked...kicked out, as in Judy Topinka, she is ruining the party. That said, I didn't mean tree hugger as a bad thing. Sorry if I offended, I find myself guilty of using a stereo typical catch word.

clpeters23
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Dupage and there were tons of people voting at 6:45 this morning. Let's pray they did it the "right" way!
Cathy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: