SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poll checkers working in NC...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poposwife_Retiredarmywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Poll checkers working in NC... Reply with quote

Its 6:30 am, my sweet husband got off work after pulling an allnighter at 6 am and headed to the polls.

He waited in line with about 20 other people, got up there and they checked his ID. Stated to him that he needed to vote at another spot, after double checking our address. He was informed wrongly that the first place was where he needed to go.

Just thought I would bring a bit of light to the forum Smile The checking at the polls is working, at least here.

As soon as he gets done, I get the honor of line waiting.

The person was VERY polite, (But it might have something to do with the fact that both his partner and him were still in full police gear Laughing Shocked Complete with shiny badge and gun Confused )

Lorelei

PS--

Just looked in my purse, I have my husbands dog tags from when he was still in the military. The last set from when he retired. He has 10 percent hearing disability from Artillary (sp?) fire when he first started out in the infantry "If you're going to be one, be a BIG RED ONE" .....in response to "wear your medals" in geedunk, I don't have any obviously, but I AM going to wear those around my neck to show my regard for the military services, and the 22 year sacrifice my husband made to our country.

UPDATE: Back from voting and got a very satisfying constipated look from the lady manning the Kerry Edwards podium JUST AT 100 feet from the polling area. She had stopped me to "chit chat". I put my keys around my neck, right next to hubbys tags...she looked like she had gas and stated "I guess I know who you're voting for" I said "Yeap" she replied "Well....glad you could make it to vote." for the life of her looking like she had swallowed a live goldfish. I just smiled and went in to vote Very Happy
Wescoot2
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any reminder of Military service seems to set a few off.......gas??? Probably just a lot of Hot Air.........

God Bless America.....

No Mission To Difficult...No Sacrifice To Great...

DUTY FIRST
CaptnJack
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This from a friend in W PA.... one of the states kerry would do anything to win..
<<"guy on local radio just tried to vote and found out someone else voted in his name! here we go!!!">>
CaptnJack
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudge -- 2000 votes found cast on machines in Phila BEFORE the polls opened.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just dug my dogtags out of my keepsake box. I'm going to wear them too! What a GREAT idea!

ROFL!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: