SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To all VOTERS on this day of Freedom...VOTE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
svn1967
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: To all VOTERS on this day of Freedom...VOTE! Reply with quote

Greetings to you on this great day when we celebrate our democracy and freedom. Whatever you do today, VOTE! No matter whom your candidate is, VOTE! For in that process lays freedom, freedom hard won for us on the backs of countless patriots, and guarded this day by our brave service members who are at this moment on the battlements fighting terrorism.

I will not insult your intelligence by mincing words or couching my sentiments in guile as that is the calling card of a charlatan.

I beseech you to look through the smoke screen of partisan rhetoric and see things for what they are that President BUSH is a good man and he has done his best to serve this country during very difficult times of a complex war.

We are a country at war, a war that we did not ask for. In honorable days in our country, as Democrat Zell Miller reminded us, politics stopped at the waters edge during war. Unfortunately, the only way to beat President BUSH was to malign him and denigrate the service our troops have provided our country in the war on terrorism.

Our service members are not only holding their own in the heart of the violent Middle East, they have thrown the gauntlet down and taken on the thousands of terrorists who were in Iraq before the war and the thousands that have poured into the country, that would otherwise be free to attack us at home and abroad. They fight the terrorists in the Middle East so that we are not fighting them in our cities in the USA.

Our service members are some of the most intelligent, most dedicated, and some of the most patriotic that America has ever fielded. Roughly 74% of all service members say they will vote for President Bush. Why? Because they have seen Iraq and they know how important it is for us to fight terrorism like a pit bull and not a dove.

For those who have tried to make political hay by castigating our efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, I ask you to send them a message loud and clear, that we support our troops and their efforts on our behalf. Show the world that America is still a patriotic country, that we are and always will be the home of the free and the brave.

A little over 30 years ago our service members were betray-e-d by self serving politicians who advocated the enemy's agenda over our national interests. As a result, Vietnam, and Cambodia fell to the communists, millions perished, and the United States was cast as a country weak on morale resolve and eventually targeted by terrorists as an easy mark.

I ask you now, for the sake of the POWs that were betray-e-d by this man (http://www.stolenhonor.com), and for the safety of our country, do not allow John Kerry to do to our service members now what he did to those veterans of the 70's.

Our country has been free of terrorist attacks since 2001! That is the longest stretch of time in the last 20 years! That is not by chance, it is because President Bush took the battle front out of America cities and put the terrorists on the defense and on the run.

Please send a loud clear message to opportunistic politicians who would make political hay out of the sacrifices of our service members in combat, please send John Kerry, John Edwards, and Tom Daschle packing.

May God bless you and keep you and may he always shine his grace on the land of the free and the brave.

Semper Fidelis
JB Stone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGREED....!!!

Exclamation

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15856
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN! I voted at 6:05 AM. I usually vote when the polls open and then
go to work. Today I fell from being in the first five to vote and got ballot
#17. If my polling place is any indication, it's going to be a HUGE
turnout.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: