SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why not a class action suit?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohninTexas
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Why not a class action suit? Reply with quote

Four possibilities:

Any reason why Vietnam vets who suffered physical and emotional pain because of John Kerry don't sue?

How about the families who have had those memories re-ignited by Kerry's ridiculous posturing . .. lots of actionable pain there.

If documents suggest that he's lied about his discharge and/or collaborated with the enemy, some sort of law had to be broken or bent somewhere. Isn't there grounds there for a class action suit?

How about the damage that we suspect he will do? Aren't there grounds where someone can be prevented from causing harm? How about a class action suit to prevent someone like him (who is obviously the prefered candidate of our enemy) from seizing power?
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone please send these new articals to Judicial Watch; I think that they are suing the DOD regarding Kerry...
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late in the game for that now.
high roller
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: never too late Reply with quote

THE HARM kerry HAS CAUSED WILL NOT GO AWAY AFTER THE ELECTION UNLESS HE LOSES BECAUSE OF US. IF HE WINS, THEN NOT TOO LATE TO MAKE HIM PAY. P.S. TALK IT UP TODAY TO PEOPLE GET PEOPLE TO THINK TWICE ABOUT VOTING IF THEY DON'T KNOW REP. SIDE OF STORY. THNX HIGH ROLLER
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Kerry loses this election, he still has four years of his Senate term to serve. I see no reason why the supporters of SVPT cannot continue to donate and support legal action to hound this fraud out of office. Much more viable, IMHO, is a libel suit against Kerry by those Swift Boat vets who swore affidavits about Kerry, and whom Kerry has labeled liars. A charge of lying under oath is an accusation of a crime - perjury - and, if the charge is not true, the one making it (Kerry) is subject to liability for what he did and said against these men THIS YEAR, not thirty years ago.

This also has the advantage of having a court order Kerry to produce his complete military records, since the truth or falsity of the Swift Vets charges can only be proven/defended by those complete records - the military records would become vital evidence in the litigation.

Once those records are in the public domain, Kerry is through.

This is also why, for all their yelling, the Kerry Kampf did not dare start legal action against the Swiftees over their charges.

Recent revelations here make it clear that the release of his records is the last thing Kerry ever wants to see.
JohninTexas
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For once I'm sorry I'm not a lawyer.

If that bimbo could go after O'reilly for dirty talking, then anything is possible.

LIBEL/SLANDER seems like the best approach. He's smirched the honor od decorated veterans. If he thinks the Swiftvets are lying, then make him prove it.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a great idea. It'll force the issue to be examined in a way the public can see.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why couldn't a lawsuit be filed, and the documents demanded as part of the DISCOVERY process ... sealed to the public, of course, forever, if the charges did not pan out?

Any lawyers out there?
<EDIT>
Oh yeah, I forgot: SCREW the PAIN AND SUFFERING nonsense.
This is a legal constitutional issue ... get the charges public, and the document requests will go to the Supreme Court.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk Forum

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Why not a class action suit? Reply with quote

JohninTexas wrote:
Four possibilities:

Any reason why Vietnam vets who suffered physical and emotional pain because of John Kerry don't sue?

I asked a friend of ours who was in Vietnam for two years about this because he himself now is a lawyer. He told me that the statute of limitations has run out. Crying or Very sad
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'm tired of getting lawyers involved in everything. They are part of the problems, that is, lawyers like Kerry, Edwards, Slick Willy, St. Hillary, Fast Eddie Rendell, Ted(hic) Kennedy an so on.

Thank God W is not a lawyer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
Personally I'm tired of getting lawyers involved in everything. They are part of the problems, that is, lawyers like Kerry, Edwards, Slick Willy, St. Hillary, Fast Eddie Rendell, Ted(hic) Kennedy an so on.

You are right! But lets not forget that John O'Neill is a lawyer and their many more good lawyers like him than bad ones as mentioned above.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doll wrote:
GM Strong wrote:

You are right! But lets not forget that John O'Neill is a lawyer and their many more good lawyers like him than bad ones as mentioned above.

Absoutely right. John is a super guy and the Swifties aren't suing anybody. This whole thing is about the free speeech we all served to defend. Thank you all.
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Why not a class action suit? Reply with quote

I agree that regardless of the Presidental outcome pressure should continue to hound Kerry on ALL fronts - class action law suits, treason charge, active picketing, use of friendly media, action against main stream media such as stock ownership to attend annual meetings place issues on stockholder annual voting, etc. We need to get the DNC and their 527 play books to replicate their tactics and create new tactics, I am tired of seeing Hate Bush bumper signs and T-Shirts it is time for Hate Kerry items to appear...

JK
warriormonk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Just in case... Reply with quote

Just in case he does get into office, someone needs to make some bumper stickers that say " John Kerry is NOT my President". I will place one on all of my vehicles. Hey, its a start! Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: