SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Isn't this against the law? Kerry daughters w/KE buttons

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somebunny
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Isn't this against the law? Kerry daughters w/KE buttons Reply with quote

I was just watching Fox news and they were showing Kerry and his family voting.

Isn't it against the law to wear something supporting a particular candidate at the polling places? Both of the Kerry daughters had Kerry/Edwards stickers on. One had it on her sleeve, and the other had it on her coat.

I thought I heard something recently that you're not supposed to do that. Of course, I realize that the rules don't apply to Kerry...LOL...but I thought that was strange.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would only think so for polling workers , not for voters.

There is a distance stipulated that campainers may be from the polls and I believe that distance is set by the various state govrnments
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: nope ... Reply with quote

in most states the law applies to EVERYONE ... poll workers and voters alike ...
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably technically illegal, but I kinda doubt that anyone was wondering whose camp the sKerry girls were in--LOL!!--C
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be new to life, Somebunny. I'm envious. Really.

You'll soon learn that in such matters, there are two sets of rules; one for us regular stiffs, and one for the Beautiful People.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is only illegal for a voter to carry a sign into the polling place. Voters can wear anything they want to -- buttons, hats, T-shirts, etc. Your clothes can advertise for your candidate or against the other candidate or both. This is the law in every state.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know when I voted today...I was asked to zip my jacket because of my shirt....

But I was smart and had my jacket zipped when I went in Laughing and unzipped my jacket (it was hot in there) as I was voting. When I left I had a question and that is when I was told to zip my jacket (of course I just smiled and walked out).

What was on my shirt? A big ole picture of Kerry's face with a big red circle around it with a red slash through is face.

Of course AFTER I voted I cruised to Borders to get a cup of coffee...someone told me they liked my shirt...couple of stares; then went to the mall to grab a quick bite; plus I had to stop out at the base and pick up a prescription...so had plenty of time to let lots of people see it. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: