SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Local Radio Update: Ohio Exit Poll Of Muslims & General

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Local Radio Update: Ohio Exit Poll Of Muslims & General Reply with quote

Listening to 610WTVN in Columbus, OH they had a group CAIR (I think that was the name) that did a survey of Muslims from exit polling. Central Ohio has a fairly high population of gays,Somalians, & Muslims.

175 Muslims surveyed from exit polls. Results:

95% Kerry
3% Bush
2% Other

(Not that this matters much --just interesting who the Muslims are favoring in a LARGE way).

610WTVN is reporting very short waits (20-30 min) to vote in the Suburbs even after the work is out, so that is good news I guess. Also on the local news here was Deer Run Elementary School (where I went to school, but now vote in a different precinct) and there was some big deal because a guy parked his car with a Bush/Cheney bumper sticker on it real close to the "100 ft." mark outside the school, and the democrats cried bloody murder. They actually showed it on TV with a measuring tape, and people were measuring from all kinds of different angles trying to determine if it was legal, it was ridiculous!
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are ridiculous. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Local Radio Update: Ohio Exit Poll Of Muslims & Gene Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
Listening to 610WTVN in Columbus, OH they had a group CAIR (I think that was the name) that did a survey of Muslims from exit polling. Central Ohio has a fairly high population of gays,Somalians, & Muslims.

175 Muslims surveyed from exit polls. Results:

95% Kerry
3% Bush
2% Other

(Not that this matters much --just interesting who the Muslims are favoring in a LARGE way).

610WTVN is reporting very short waits (20-30 min) to vote in the Suburbs even after the work is out, so that is good news I guess. Also on the local news here was Deer Run Elementary School (where I went to school, but now vote in a different precinct) and there was some big deal because a guy parked his car with a Bush/Cheney bumper sticker on it real close to the "100 ft." mark outside the school, and the democrats cried bloody murder. They actually showed it on TV with a measuring tape, and people were measuring from all kinds of different angles trying to determine if it was legal, it was ridiculous!

IMHO, Muslims are just bizarre at times...even many of the American Muslims want to have it both ways often - they want to say they are tolerant while defending Muslim extermist political views (say the PLO view as a normalized view (i.e. Israel: evil...) Sorry, can't have it both ways - you can't be simultaneously tolerant of others and supporting extremism against those same others...Sounds like the Mulsims are voting one self interested issue - if they do this, they are not principled or reasonable and do not deserve our attention.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone surprised by this? No thanks for the fact that Pres Bush freed 50 mil Muslims from tyranny.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radical Muslims for Kerry,,,Real Muslims for Bush..
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update from 610WTVN: A guy went to vote in Clintonville (Columbus) and several people have reported the same thing. Moveon.org was present, and they had some "lists" of people (probably registered democrats/Kerry voters) and as each person finished voting, the moveon.org people would come up to them and ask what their name was (none of their business really)...It reportedly got heated a couple of times, as people were being badgered for their names by Moveon.org workers. Anyway, their "goal" was to check people off their democratic lists who had already voted, and their plan was once it reached a certain time of day to go to people's homes/work for people who hadnt voted and round them up to get them to vote.

There are all kinds of interesting stories people are telling if you are interested here is the link (have to register) www.610wtvn.com

(Most of the disturbances have been in the city---Seems like this is where the media, lawyers, & moveon.org flocks, and they are just looking to cause trouble.)
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like voter harassment to me..... wonder what the final reporting of the incidents will be?
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMGoodness! Do you remember Spook Beckman - drive time; John (forget his last name early morning)

Not surprising 610 is doing this. Did not realize Columbus had such a large (?) Muslim community -- OSU contributed I'd guess.

Idiot sons in Columbus -- both registered -- neither voted, nor do they, or their wives, intend to vote. Will speak with them again in about 15 minutes and if they did not vote that's it for them. Have appt. with attorney Friday afternoon and they will be very sad when my will is read. Not joking. They were raised better than that.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Lady,

Its hard to tell, there is so much crap going on here in the inner city. The only reason that stuff is going on (in my opinion) is because that's where the fringe "voter protection" groups are hanging out and that causes the media to therefore show up, then longer lines from this and all the new registrants which werent expected causing not enough booths. Then from the "voter protection" groups acting up, it causes uproar. You dont hear of any real problems in the outlying areas. Everything is goes pretty much perfectly smooth there. The only problem I heard from a suburb, was a 21 year old kid, and when he was getting his driver's license renewed he registered to vote for the first time. Apparently, it wasnt processed correctly, because he never received confirmation in the mail & wasnt shown as registered on the Internet, so when he showed up to vote today, he wasnt on the list of registered voters. He was allowed to cast a provisional ballot. They went and checked the list on the internet, he was not there, so they immediately went to the log from the BMV, verified he was in that day, and cross referenced that he had completed the registration to vote. The kid called the Secretary Of State's office (kid said they were very helpful and nice), and it was cleared up, and they said they would review his provisional ballot and make sure it gets counted. My conclusion from this is: If there is a legitimate error/concern it WILL get taken care of. Lots of other stuff is just trumped up.

--Other potential problems reported in Central Ohio-- Some areas have experienced large growth recently to go along with many many new registered voters, and the number of voting booths in some areas are well less than is needed. Most precincts will be ok, but reports are certain one's will have waits past 9:00-10:00 in certain areas (voting closes in Ohio at 7:30, but people waiting in line at 7:30 are going to be able to vote--supposedly).
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelnoel wrote:
OMGoodness! Do you remember Spook Beckman - drive time; John (forget his last name early morning)

Not surprising 610 is doing this. Did not realize Columbus had such a large (?) Muslim community -- OSU contributed I'd guess.

Idiot sons in Columbus -- both registered -- neither voted, nor do they, or their wives, intend to vote. Will speak with them again in about 15 minutes and if they did not vote that's it for them. Have appt. with attorney Friday afternoon and they will be very sad when my will is read. Not joking. They were raised better than that.

Tell those sons to get in line by 7:30...or else!!! Very Happy
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not telling them anything. They can dig their own grave. Just hope I can see their reaction from 'above'. Just spoke with both of them, neither changed their minds. I was not kidding about my Friday appt.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: