SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What a Bush win means to the Vietnam Vets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohninTexas
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: What a Bush win means to the Vietnam Vets Reply with quote

I think a Bush win means that this country is finally taking responsibility for the crappy way Vietnam Vets were treated.

This is the strong Silent Majority rising up to say:

"enough is enough"

"time to bring the Vets home"

and

"thank you all for what you did so long ago"
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well, maybe so. A victory of sorts. But honestly? I want it in writing. I want an apology by Dan Rather and that senile old fool Cronkite, Jane Fonda, and all the rest of her disgusting friends.

As for Kerry, it makes me sick he even got one electoral vote.

And win or lose, this is a long way from over. For what they did to Viet vets, how they maligned everyone that served--there is more pay back to come.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Kerry defeat is the single purpose of the Boys and Girls of CTF115 (Operation Markettime).
We will see our dreams realized.

Last edited by BuffaloJack on Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:02 am; edited 2 times in total
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: What a Bush win means to the Vietnam Vets Reply with quote

JohninTexas wrote:
I think a Bush win means that this country is finally taking responsibility for the crappy way Vietnam Vets were treated.

This is the strong Silent Majority rising up to say:

"enough is enough"

"time to bring the Vets home"

and

"thank you all for what you did so long ago"

Thank you for those good words - we are all proud to be Americans knowing what those men and women did there so many years ago in the name of freedom - thank you Vietnam Veterans for defending us against communism and tyranny so sacrificially...
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Home...
clipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the polls here in Nevada earlier tonight waiting for my wife to vote when a youngster of around 10 came up to me. After the usual pleasantries, he asked me if I wouldn't mind telling him who I voted for. I replied that I was a Vietnam Vet, who did he think I had voted for...."Bush" he said with a grin. As he thanked me he added "my grandfather was a Vietnam Vet, I hope the President wins". When this is over, we all have to make sure that our voice is heard loud and clear and never again retreat to the shadows that people like J Fonda Kerry would like us to stay.

C L Permann
101st Airborne 70-72
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: