SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WISCONSIN

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: WISCONSIN Reply with quote

Voting in America's Dairy Republic
The polls have only been open in Wisconsin for a few hours, but the trouble--vandalism, illegitimate registration, and more--has already started.
by Stephen F. Hayes
11/02/2004 11:45:00 AM
Increase Font Size
Printer-Friendly

Email a Friend
Respond to this article

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
VOTING is off to a bad start in Wisconsin. Thirty vans rented by the Republican National Committee to use in Milwaukee get-out-the-vote efforts were rendered inoperable by vandals overnight. The vehicles were parked near a Republican headquarters on Capitol Drive, where their tires had been slashed. The GOP is scrambling to find replacement vehicles.

"This is a targeted effort to sabotage a political party's effort to get out the vote," says Chris Lato, communications director for the Wisconsin Republican party

The tire slashings were not the only incidents of vandalism directed at Republicans on election eve. The building that houses a Republican party office in Madison was defaced. Vandals spray-painted "illegitimate democracy" in black letters in two different locations across the building.

One young woman who lives in a heavily Democrat neighborhood in Milwaukee, showed up to vote this morning to find that seven people are registered to vote under her address. She lives with one other person.

The same woman reports that she was the 50th person to cast a vote at her precinct and it took her 45 minutes to do so. Her precinct is giving priority to new registrants, who get shuffled to the front of the line and, she says, are in-and-out within minutes.

More trouble: A Bush-Cheney poll worker reports that laws restricting "electioneering" close to polling places have in many cases been rendered obsolete by long lines. This worker says that MoveOn.org workers at Riverside High School in Milwaukee are accosting voters and urging them to vote
for John Kerry.

Five days earlier, after a rally for Kerry that featured Bruce Springsteen, the Madison City clerk's office honored a request from the Kerry campaign to keep its offices open three hours after their normal closing time of 5: 00 p.m. Their objective was to encourage would-be early voters to go directly from the Kerry rally to cast their ballots. Republicans, of course, cried foul--but the offices stayed open. The attempt at cheating was not terribly successful. Newspaper reports suggest that relatively few voters took advantage of the extra time to vote early.

Charges of voter fraud and harassment are not new to Wisconsin. In 2000, a New York Democrat named Connie Milstein handed out cigarettes to the homeless in an effort to get their votes. When her shenanigans were first reported, then-chairman of the Democratic National Committee Joe Andrew said she was not a Democratic "heavy hitter" and was in Wisconsin on her own, as a concerned voter. Those claims were, well, hard to substantiate. Milstein was listed by the DNC as chairman of the party's "Major Supporters Committee" and had hosted a $25,000-per-person fundraiser for Al Gore at her Park Avenue residence. What's more, she was captured by a camera crew for a local Wisconsin station saying, ""I am here representing the Gore and Lieberman campaign and I was asked to get out the vote in Wisconsin." Milstein was not charged with felony voter fraud, but settled for a mere $5,000. (Not an amount likely to discourage someone who contributed $600,000 to Democrats in the 2000 election cycle alone.)

In 2002, two Democrats were captured on television by another Milwaukee TV station running a Bingo game for the mentally disabled. Nothing wrong with that, of course, except that they were wearing "Doyle for Governor" t-shirts, and provided the participants with food and absentee ballots.

Wisconsin is quickly losing its status as a clean elections state. No wonder.

Stephen F. Hayes is a staff writer at The Weekly Standard.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this truly surprises anyone? How about the 2,000 votes already on a voting machine in PA - plus there is questions of other machines. It is going to be a very long night. I am not watching any of the polls because I believe in my heart that the American people will not elect John Kerry. I just can not accept that thought!
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Dems Play Dirty in Wisconsin-Surprise! Reply with quote

davman wrote:

One young woman who lives in a heavily Democrat neighborhood in Milwaukee, showed up to vote this morning to find that seven people are registered to vote under her address. She lives with one other person.

The same woman reports that she was the 50th person to cast a vote at her precinct and it took her 45 minutes to do so. Her precinct is giving priority to new registrants, who get shuffled to the front of the line and, she says, are in-and-out within minutes.

Found this on another site

Quote:
Campaign trail dirty tricks.
As I've mentioned, my brother is a "Red" political consultant.

He's been amazed at the dirty tricks in this election - the worst he's ever seen.

The Bush campaign has rented a fleet of Astroline vans in Colorado, to run out and bring registered Republicans to the polls. One of them was firebombed on Monday morning.

One county in Ohio has 815,000 eligible voters, and 865,000 registered voters, because in the push to register people, the Kerry camp has started a "$2 per registration" program. Among the registered Democrats in Ohio are Mary Poppins and Dick Tracy. One block in Cincinatti has 14 homes on it, and 53 different addresses of registered voters - all registered Democrats.

In Seattle, the Bush headquarters was burglarized, and several computers with their voter lists were stolen.

At a debate watching party at a GOP campaign headquarters, gunshots came through the glass window at the back of the building. No injuries reported.

As I've been saying, this crap goes on on both sides of the aisle, but the intensity this year is WAAAY out of control.

A word of warning to poll watchers. On average across the country in the 2002 elections, Republicans popular vote totals were 3.5% higher than the last reported polls. Republicans seem to have finally caught up to Demos on the "get out the vote" campaign, convincing the base that it's important to get out and vote.

Just some election-eve thoughts after stealing 15 minutes of my brother's time. I'd heard stories like this, but my brother personally signed the damage/destruction forms on the rental vehicle for the van this morning, so I figure I can go by his word.

In the interests of full disclosure, my sister is one of the volunteer lawyer-pollwatchers for the Dems.

This seems to be the common theme and is why the Dems are happy about the new registrations. I can understand fake registrations being submitted, but how can they actually make it onto the eligible voter list? Nevermind.
.::geo::.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I posted this in another thread, I didn't see the Wisconsin one before that..

So here it is.. it's not just Milwaukee and Madison anymore.

What madness!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a poll runner from 12-5 today.. and let me tell you.. those dem-lawyers They were out in full force. The election officials were using college directories to verify student addresses!!!!! And even after the State Election 'guy' sent out a message with an assembly person, they STILL used the directories! MoveOn was set up within 20 feet of the polling area. Since they're 'non-partisan' they got to stay there! ARRRGH! THEN, the New Voter's Project kids were right out asking people their names when they came out the door from voting! That's a big no-no, they can listen, they CANNOT ask.

It's craziness here in 'Sconie, but I've got a good feeling about W.

God help us all and keep praying!

e,

Georgi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much so far...but an amazing possibility....

PRESIDENT

CANDIDATE VOTE TOTAL PERCENT WINNER
Bush (Rep)* 22434 54%
Kerry (Dem) 18513 45%
Nader (Ind) 222 1%
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

.::geo::. wrote:
I posted this in another thread, I didn't see the Wisconsin one before that..

So here it is.. it's not just Milwaukee and Madison anymore.

What madness!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a poll runner from 12-5 today.. and let me tell you.. those dem-lawyers They were out in full force. The election officials were using college directories to verify student addresses!!!!! And even after the State Election 'guy' sent out a message with an assembly person, they STILL used the directories! MoveOn was set up within 20 feet of the polling area. Since they're 'non-partisan' they got to stay there! ARRRGH! THEN, the New Voter's Project kids were right out asking people their names when they came out the door from voting! That's a big no-no, they can listen, they CANNOT ask.

It's craziness here in 'Sconie, but I've got a good feeling about W.

God help us all and keep praying!

e,
Georgi

Georgi, I got out & 'walked the vote' just north of Madison yesterday (yes, in the wind & rain - think I'm getting a sore throat now), and I was amazed at the response! Very positive. There were so many volunteers at the victory center, we almost all couldn't get inside! A lot of the volunteers said this was their first time to volunteer(me too!)
I'm praying that we deliver Wisconsin for the Prez.!! Com'on Badgers & Packer fans!

from c-span with 18% in
Wisconsin ElectTotal: 10 Precincts Reporting: 18%
Name Party Vote Pct Electoral
Bush Rep 284,432 56 0
Kerry Dem 222,228 43 0
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin ElectTotal: 10 Precincts Reporting: 28%
Name Party Vote Pct Electoral
Bush Rep 426,101 54 0
Kerry Dem 354,821 45 0
Nader Ind 4,512 1 0
Badnarik Lib 1,799 0 0
Cobb Grn 694 0 0
Brown Ind 116 0 0
Harris Ind 110 0 0
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tight race.

1411 of 3540 precincts - 40 percent

John F. Kerry Dem 590,087 - 51 percent
George W. Bush (i) Rep 565,658 - 49 percent
ProudbrotherofUSSoldier
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They must be getting into the Democrat Heavy Area's now because Bush had been leading up until now

Ann Coulter
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be tightening again?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=index2&cid=1266

53% in -

Kerry - 50%
Bush - 49%

Debbie
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hewitt say's Wiscon still in play. 62% in with W -20,000. However, rural votes not in yet.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: