SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What we need to do now!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: What we need to do now! Reply with quote

As I slowly wandered through the campus of UMASS Amherst (Berkeley east), subconsiously dancing and singing amid the dour, dejected faces of the mislead and ignorant youth, I realized our job is far from done.

A year ago, I have to admit, due to the efforts of Kerry and his rumpswabs in the MSM, that I was ignorant of the infamous history of Kerry. Thanks to the efforts of the fine individuals of the SVPT, I am no longer ignorant. Kerry is a traitor to America and her soldiers, and must be retired to his many mansions.

We have to continue to pursue this story to its conclusion. The military record of Kerry must be exposed and so must be the man. We have to overcome the MSM, or convince them to eat their own young and go after Kerry for denying them their most fervent desire: liberal control of the White House and America.

I live in Massachusetts, and the thought of this weasel continuing to attack America from within sickens me. (If we could get U-boat commander Kennedy out of office, that would be frosting on the cake for me!!)

That is why I believe our next efforts must be directed towards getting Kerry out of the Senate. We have to get the RNC to mobilize an effort to give him a real opponent (Mitt Romney?), who can publicly bring up Kerry's sordid past and help us rid the Senate of his communist inspired treachery.

He is not up for reelection until 2008, I believe, so we have the time to lay down a firm, irrefutable groundwork of convincing evidence, either direct or inferred, that can be revealed and used against him. We further have a responsibility to get this information out wherever we can, particularly towards the rather ignorant college age voters, that tended to fall for Kerry's stonewalling and lies, hook, line and sinker. They are completely oblivious to Kerry's record of sedition, primarily because the MSM did their level best to suppress the facts.

Which brings me to the second front: the MSM. Given the way they treated this story and slandered the SVPT, we have an obligation to make them completely irrelevant, even to liberals.

We have to record and document each and every transgression, starting with this election and beyond. The McCain Feingold Campaign "reform" bill gave them almost unlimited power to influence elections with propaganda disguised as news. We have to be out their with the alternative media, exposing them as the house organ for the Democrats and the likes of Kerry or Hillary Clinton.

The likely run of Hillary in 2008 is the third front. She will undoubtedly continue the record of her husband, one of defunding and debilitating the military and our intelligence services, all while appeasing America's enemies. I think John McCain has to be included in this front, given his attacks on the SVPT and his association with Kerry on the POW/MIA issue. There is just something rotten there that is lurking under the surface that needs to be exposed. You may disagree, but I think there is something there.

We have the power and the enthusiasm. We just have to do the footwork, and with members like NavyChief, Kerry won't have a prayer.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimsdale, I completely agree. The "luxury" we have now is that we are not facing an imminent deadline. The strategists of the group need to take a few days off, relax, clear the minds, and then think carefully about the game plan for achieving all those objectives you've nicely outlined.
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with your post. Confused about phrase
¨U-boat commander Kennedy.¨ Assume you are
talking about Chapaquidic Ted? (Or am I missing
what the insiders call him?)

Montana
JackMcC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.

If Kerry was in fact less than honorably discharged, I think that the voters of Massachusetts deserve to know this when he runs for election next time. Actually, I think we deserve to know this today.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana:

Yeah, that was a Ted the Bloviator reference. I guess that is more of a local (or personal reference) to the guy who tried to turn an Oldsmobile into a submarine....... Smile
DavidS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: What We Need To Do Now Reply with quote

Thanks for the Post and to all that made this victory possible.

Phase II will take lots of $$$$. How about setting up a program whereby all interested parties could agree to have a certain number of dollars deducted automatically from their bank account each month. I am doing this now for another conservative organization of long standing and it has worked well for them and for me for over 2 years.

Also, I would like to know if it would be possible to try Kerry for treason now!!!

I served in WWII and Korea and am truly delighted to see my Vietnam era fellow service men and women get THE PARADE THEY NEVER HAD.
snake king
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I feel that Kerry's demise is the parade that we Vietnam Vets never got.

I also feel that, with our stated intention unsatisfied -- i.e., Kerry apologize for the slanders of the past and reveal his entire service record -- that we must continue on the attack; in much the same way that General Patten should have rolled all the way to Moscow in 1945 -- a move that might have prevented the Cold War and the domination of Eastern Europe for a generation!

Kerry doesn't come up for election until 2008. Sufficient time for us to thoroughly inform the voters of Massachusetts of the details of his faking Naval records in order to appear a hero, concealing the adverse character of his discharge from the service, and the manner in which he allowed himself to become a tool of the Viet Cong. Remember, impeachment is not just reserved for liars.

If we SWIFTVETS now congratulate ourselves and disband, we run the risk that Kerry will become our children's "Teddy Kennedy." People of Massachusetts will keep electing him until his seniority exceeds all others and Kerry becomes Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee in 2010!

I guarantee you that his mentor and henchman, Edward Kennedy would not be in office now had the SWIFTVETS existed at the time that Teddy abandon Miss Kopechne in that Oldsmobile under the Chappaquidick bridge!
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you what we do in Oklahoma with the scraps of the fish that we've caught and cleaned - we bury it!

Let's bury Kerry and the scraps of his rank smelling legacy!

Beyond this, I'm ready to take on the liberal institutions and entertainment industries who persist to propagate their mischaracterizations of the Vietnam War Veteran.

If we don't set forth a clear and true account of the Vietnam War era now, the liberal's distorted account will eventually be taught to every school kid in America and the likes of John Kerry, Jane Fonda, Ted Kennedy, Jerome Grossman, Allard Lowenstein, Romesh Chandra, Bertrand Russell, Al Hubbard, George McGovern, Mark Hatfield, J.W. Fulbright, etc - will be glorified as "brave American heroes" - the thought of that makes me sick to my stomach!
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Cooper wrote:
I can tell you what we do in Oklahoma with the scraps of the fish that we've caught and cleaned - we bury it!

Let's bury Kerry and the scraps of his rank smelling legacy!

Beyond this, I'm ready to take on the liberal institutions and entertainment industries who persist to propagate their mischaracterizations of the Vietnam War Veteran.

If we don't set forth a clear and true account of the Vietnam War era now, the liberal's distorted account will eventually be taught to every school kid in America and the likes of John Kerry, Jane Fonda, Ted Kennedy, Jerome Grossman, Allard Lowenstein, Romesh Chandra, Bertrand Russell, Al Hubbard, George McGovern, Mark Hatfield, J.W. Fulbright, etc - will be glorified as "brave American heroes" - the thought of that makes me sick to my stomach!

Don't forget his band of brothers so clearly described here

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12535
Boundless
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Continue the research. Consider the timing. Reply with quote

Dimsdale: > I believe our next efforts must be directed
> towards getting Kerry out of the Senate.

Agreed. The research must continue (I'll bet there are
some old publically-available documents where Kerry
had to admit having an OTH).

The question is the timing. Publish as found, or save
it all up for the 2006 election cycle?

Or convince that idiot Rather that he can rehabilitate
his legacy by taking Kerry down with him. (He can't,
but it would be fun to watch.)
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel we should do it ASAP, while the iron is still hot. It's not beyond belief that Kerry could (1) regroup for another run, as President or VP in the future (2) get appointed to a high position of authority in the government in the future. We may not be able to stop that, but I think the citizens of Massachusetts, at least, need to see the true history of the guy they keep sending to Congress. Let them decide at that point. Kerry has made a political career out of taking credit for other people's actions in Vietnam and by covering up his true history and actions. If that is revealed, and he still has support, we will have at least honored the truth to the best of our ability. My guess is, once the true history of John Kerry is made public, he won't be elected dog catcher in Podunk. That may be a dream, but it's my dream. Wink
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snake king wrote:
Personally, I feel that Kerry's demise is the parade that we Vietnam Vets never got.

I also feel that, with our stated intention unsatisfied -- i.e., Kerry apologize for the slanders of the past and reveal his entire service record -- that we must continue on the attack; in much the same way that General Patten should have rolled all the way to Moscow in 1945 -- a move that might have prevented the Cold War and the domination of Eastern Europe for a generation!

Kerry doesn't come up for election until 2008. Sufficient time for us to thoroughly inform the voters of Massachusetts of the details of his faking Naval records in order to appear a hero, concealing the adverse character of his discharge from the service, and the manner in which he allowed himself to become a tool of the Viet Cong. Remember, impeachment is not just reserved for liars.

If we SWIFTVETS now congratulate ourselves and disband, we run the risk that Kerry will become our children's "Teddy Kennedy." People of Massachusetts will keep electing him until his seniority exceeds all others and Kerry becomes Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee in 2010!

I guarantee you that his mentor and henchman, Edward Kennedy would not be in office now had the SWIFTVETS existed at the time that Teddy abandon Miss Kopechne in that Oldsmobile under the Chappaquidick bridge!

I agree wholeheartedly that the Kerry lies need to be exposed and the SBVT need to be vindicated. Ted Kennedy is a perfect example of what can happen when people accept despicable behavior and lack of character in a misguided outpouring of forgiveness. Kennedy left a young woman to die as he ran past a house with where he could have phoned for help. He didn’t call the police to save her but he called his lawyers repeatedly during that night to figure out how to save his political career while she died. Kennedy’s performance during this campaign illustrates what lack of character means in a political leader.

There is a larger issue here as well which has to do with the media. Kerry used his Vietnam experience as the centerpiece of his campaign even though he knew it was based on falsehoods. He counted on the media not to question his story in spite of the fact that his lies were exposed about Christmas in Cambodia, Alston being on his boat when he was wounded, his attendance at the KC meeting where murdering Senators was discussed and his obvious lies about releasing his military records to Russert, Matthews and Imus. Not only did the media give him a pass they actively opposed the SBVT and painted them as liars. A press that supports lies and brands valid questions as lies is a very serious problem.

Kerry needs to be exposed and in the process so does the media. Dan Rather is a perfect example of the degree of corruption that exists in the media. That needs to change.

In my opinion, continuing research into Kerry’s claims and publication of results over time with the support of bloggers will expose not only Kerry but the media as well. Making the press honest may be the most valuable thing that could come from this effort.
Wit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snake king wrote:

Wouldn't it be wondeerful if all Vietnam Vets were able to march in the Inaugural Parade. I think the Republician party owes them something!
Wit
Retired Navy Master Chief 1954 - 1975
stevieboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with spending any effort in Massachusetts, you would be better served joining the Republicans and try to bring back Pennsylvania, solidify Ohio and Iowa or explore building bases in Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Massachusetts is too far gone. Consider
* All US House reps (10) are Dems, four ran UNOPPOSED yesterday and the remainder beat their challengers by 2-1 margins or better
* We have 40 state senate seats, of the 28 contested seats only 6 went to Republicans. 12 Dems ran UNOPPOSED.
* Of the 158 contested House seats, 54 Democrates ran UNOPPOSED
* Our new state legislature (House and Senate combined will be 87% Democrat. Republicans lost three seats yesterday.

Even master investor George Soros knows not to throw good money after bad (oops, sorry about that one George).

I guess you could continue to demand an apology and continue exposing him. But he is politically dead for national consideration and the people of Massachusetts won't care one lick about what you have to say.

You did what you set out to do. You told your story. I would not spend one dime doing something for Massachusetts sake. I'm telling you as a guy who lives here!
Boundless
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> ... you would be better served joining the
> Republicans and try to ...

Caution: The SB&POWfts are not necessarily aligned
with Republican goals. It might even have served
their effort to show a count or percentage of members
who are registered Democrats.

There may be no consensus for actions beyond
neutralizing Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: