SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is The Swift Ad Accomplishing What It Wanted?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Is The Swift Ad Accomplishing What It Wanted? Reply with quote

Anyone that’s been on this board for as long as I have understands that I believe in this organization and want Bush reelected.

We have to be honest in analyzing the effects of the Swift Boat ad that started airing today. I’m wondering if it’s doing more harm for Bush’s campaign than good. Yes, I know it speaks the truth, however, all the comments from people that support Bush and understand politics and how to win an election say this ad will hurt Bush.

If O’Neil believes this could be possible, would he pull the ad? Or, God forbid has all this gone to his head? He has the new book coming out (which I have on pre-order from Amazon) and he’s in the news all over the place. Mr. O’Neil – please, be honest to yourself, think this through and if you believe you are doing good then go forward. However, if there are any doubts, pull the plug on the ad.
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kerry really believed the ad was going to hurt Bush's campaign more than Kerry's campaign, why would Kerry be using his lawyers to bully the media into not broadcasting the ad?

I think the ad will have it's intended effect. The American people aren't as stupid as Michael Moore asserts. Let the public decide. There's a war on. The public needs to know everything about the two candidates to make an informed choice.

In view of the war-time situation, having a choice between Michael Moore and Kerry, and the swiftees with all their medal winners and Bush, they're going to go for Bush.

Keep the faith.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Is The Swift Ad Accomplishing What It Wanted? Reply with quote

Bhist wrote:
Anyone that’s been on this board for as long as I have understands that I believe in this organization and want Bush reelected.

We have to be honest in analyzing the effects of the Swift Boat ad that started airing today. I’m wondering if it’s doing more harm for Bush’s campaign than good. Yes, I know it speaks the truth, however, all the comments from people that support Bush and understand politics and how to win an election say this ad will hurt Bush.

If O’Neil believes this could be possible, would he pull the ad? Or, God forbid has all this gone to his head? He has the new book coming out (which I have on pre-order from Amazon) and he’s in the news all over the place. Mr. O’Neil – please, be honest to yourself, think this through and if you believe you are doing good then go forward. However, if there are any doubts, pull the plug on the ad.

NEVER stand down on telling truth.

It's the prime differentiator of the honorable from the moral-relativistic, Marxist-style "facts are for manipulation to seek power" sect.

FDL
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

Truth.

Truth is the best medicine. Often medicine does not taste good at all.

Kerry as president? With Sandy Berger, Jimi Carter, Joe Wilson,
Richard Clark advising him?

The truth, which President Bush is too polite to say is 911 is the
direct result of Clintons and Kerry's complete incompetence.

John Kerry played a integral role in gutting the intelligence and
defense budgets throughout the 90's.

This is the Truth

John Kerry lied to get decorations in the Vietnam war. He used these icons of America as props in his protests.

He uses these icons as props today.

Ask yourself who would 'throw their medals away' on national television and mysteriously have them on proud display in his senate office thirty years later.

John Kerry likely deserves the Navy equivalent of a Combat Infantry Badge, that is something he can be proud of.

Except for this his Entire career needs to be Vetted (no pun intended) from head to toe.

The DNC continually blathers on about anyone who may or not remember
George Bush getting a physical exam 30 years back.

The doctor who treated John Kerry does remember John Kerry very
well. Kerry presented himself as a fraudulent opportunist in a battle zone
then and we are in a battle zone today.

Don't need no fraudulent opportunists at the helm today.

Show the Comercial and let the Vets speak. Hillary Clinton has made it
clear in that hysterical rant of hers that we as Americans should
debate these things anytime, anywhere.

For once I agree with her.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: re elliott Reply with quote

Fox is just reporting that elliott has recanted his statement in the ad and said he made a mistake, yet earlier on rushes show they said this was not trueis their anyone online from swiftvets who can call fox and coorrect the statement, they are quoting the boston globe
captjenk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for repeating my statement. But I really dont think that ad was a good idea. I know I am going to get some heat for this, but hear me out. When you have republicans outraged at the comments I dont think that the add is helping. I especially dislike a posting that I saw bashing Sen McCain. He is a true man, a man of honor and I am sadden that any vet would speak to a POW like that.
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: re elliott Reply with quote

minnie presley wrote:
Fox is just reporting that elliott has recanted his statement in the ad and said he made a mistake, yet earlier on rushes show they said this was not trueis their anyone online from swiftvets who can call fox and coorrect the statement, they are quoting the boston globe

Already done Minnie. By email and telephone!
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox reported that on "Grapevine" segment of Brit Hume's show. Brit was not on today because he takes Fridays off. I'm willing to bet that it will be corrected next week, because Brit loves to catch journalists with their pants down.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: re Elliott Reply with quote

Hannity is aware of it..discussed it on his radio show today, and will talk about it tonight
Acksiom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Is The Swift Ad Accomplishing What It Wanted? Reply with quote

Bhist wrote:
However, if there are any doubts, pull the plug on the ad.

Any doubts?

That strikes me as an effectively impossible standard to meet.

Could you explain the reasoning behind it, please?
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Is The Swift Ad Accomplishing What It Wanted? Reply with quote

Acksiom wrote:
Bhist wrote:

Any doubts?

It's simple. If the ad can hurt Bush's chance for reelection, then the ad should be pulled.

How will this organization feel if it is blamed for Kerry living in the White House?

What is more important right now -- getting Bush reelected or telling the truth about Kerry in Vietnam? It's a very simple question.
ASPB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Is The Swift Ad Accomplishing What It Wanted? Reply with quote

Bhist wrote:
Acksiom wrote:
Bhist wrote:

Any doubts?

It's simple. If the ad can hurt Bush's chance for reelection, then the ad should be pulled.

How will this organization feel if it is blamed for Kerry living in the White House?

What is more important right now -- getting Bush reelected or telling the truth about Kerry in Vietnam? It's a very simple question.

Don't worry about the Ad hurting Bush..The Book and some pressure for release of Kerry's records will sink Kerry. The truth will out!
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ad is what brought me to this site and it's what got me thinking for the first time about John Kerry's war record. Prior to seeing this ad the standard party line was that Kerry is a hero and a veteran and his record is never to be questioned.Kerry is not running on his 19 years in Congress because he can't win with that record.He's running on his war record because that's all he has, take that away and he will not win. That's why the strong response from the dems and the leftist to the ad and the calls for Pres Bush who has no control over the ad to get it removed.The ad raises question that no one has asked during the campaign that will be answered in the upcoming book "Unfit for Command".

As for John McCain he had an opportunity to come on After Hours Friday on MSNBC to further comment on the SBVT ad, his appearance was announced Thurs in promos for the show.The Friday show was live and McCain was not there and no explanation was given for his abscence.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps John McCain was given an advance copy of the book?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Perhaps John McCain was given an advance copy of the book?

Well, I wish someone would have sent an advance copy to O'Reilly before he started shooting his mouth off and making himself look so ignorant.

I know he's getting a ton of mail - I'm a premium member and I wrote him after his television show on Thursday night and again after his Friday radio show. Just terrible ignorance and repetition of the "Kerry hero" propaganda.

He's become a "bomb-thrower" for the Kerry campaign. The very thing he claims to hate so much.

It's okay for Kerry to make his service THE issue in his campaign? Fine, then it's okay to question that service and especially his actions AFTER coming home, which were far less than heroic.

Where's the "fair and balanced," O'Reilly? If you really WERE "looking out for the folks," you'd be awre that these men are trying to warn the country about a gathering danger!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: