SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you know? Can you tell me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAVLRRP
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Do you know? Can you tell me? Reply with quote

I'm new to this site and not a former swifty. I did serve two tours. One with A Co. 1st Bn. 12th. Cav (Airborne) 1st Calvary Division (Airmibile)and one with HHC 191st MI LRRP/Rangers 1st Calvary Division. I survived three major battles at Hoa Hio 1966, LZ Bird 12/66 and Kim Son Valley 1967. I lead a LRRP team for division G-1 and lost many brothers and men serving with or under my command.

I have read on Kerry's web site that he fought in 10 firefights in a 18 day period. He was awarded the three PH and a Siver Star ect. The one thing I did not see is how many of his men were KIA as a result of what must have been heavy heavy combat.

As a former paratrooper/infantryman/LRRP/Ranger I can not imagine being in ten firefights withou any KIA's or without many many severely wounded. Perhaps we were in a different war but in the one I was in, the NVA/VC were pretty good at killing American Soldiers. In fact, I have more than 40 friends on the wall and I remember their faces names and for the most part the day time and place and circumstances under which they gave their lives.

My question is and can you tell me, how many of Kerry's men were KIA in all this heroic action and how many are now crippled from wounds?

How many men were KIA during Kerry's tour that served under him?

I'm not trying to take anyhing away from the real soldiers/saliors but to me if the answer is zero somebody is full of condensed owl **** and blowing enough smoke up my ass to cause rectal cancer.

Mike McCoy (Sgt Mac)
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cavlrrp:

I haven't the slightest idea what the answer to your question is. I've never heard of any of those guys being seriously wounded, though there must have been some.

I just want to butt in here to say that I find your story to be compelling. My warmest regards to you and the spirits of your brothers. I wish that we, as a country, had done better for you. I'm not a vet, just a vet's son.

My father was in Vietnam, and Korea, and WWII, and I'll never be able to ask him all of the things I so much want to know now. He's been gone for 10 years, and today I find that to honor my father, I am duty bound to honor his comrades. I remember how highly he thought of his fellow servicemen, and today I finally understand why he always insisted that I treat soldiers with the utmost respect.

A belated and heartfelt WELCOME HOME!!!

God Bless! Semper Fi, and THANKS!

MarineBrat
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No KIA and as far as I know and no crippling injuries for actions that Kerry was involved in. There were serious casualties and men lost by Cosdiv 11 but not while Kerry was there.

Here's a link to casualties for all of Coastal Squardron 1 which included the 3 divisions that Kerry was assigned to during his brief visit in Vietnam.

http://swiftboats.net/extras/casualties.htm
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAVLRRP, thanks for all you gave and to those with you who gave all. I have been to the wall but my wife hasn't, she wants to go so bad. We will make it next summer. From what I have read the Swifties did engage in heavy combat, just not when Kerry was there. Kerry wouldn't know combat if it hit him in the face, wait it did hit him there a few day's ago. He is engaged in his first real combat. Semper Fi soldier.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
No KIA and as far as I know and no crippling injuries .....

And isn't it "interesting" that both Vern Odell and Larry Thurlow (among others),
who were eyewitnesses to the Rassman "typical man overboard drill" report:

1. Not one ..... zip, zilch ..... of any of the four boats (including Kerry's) that
participated in the rescue of the mined PCF-3 boat had any battle damage

2. No hostile fire was observed by anyone before or after the mine detonated

3. Three other sailors, including Thurlow, also ended up in the water and were
routinely recovered back on board their Swift Boats. No one else thought it
significant enough for consideration for an award. "Man overboard drill" was
the simplest and first evolution learned by Swift Boat sailors during training.

.......... .........
.................... Practicing picking up "Oscar" - a floating dummy ........................

4. Rassman was thrown overboard as a result of Kerry accelerating away
from the incident rather than being concerned about protecting his fellow
shipmates in PCF-3

5. Kerry's reported injuries from this incident occured when Rassman and
Kerry earlier tossed a concussion grenade into a rice bag on a sanpam.

And ASPB makes a good point. Since Rassman was an "Army" advisor
on the main Ca Mau peninsula, how did he "make his recommendation"
for a medal for Kerry to the "Navy" command (in Saigon or where?)

By carrier pigeon? Or by "carrier skipper"

Hmm ... "Hey Ras! Mind if I write myself up for a Silver and you sign it?"

No accusations .... just a fertile mind

Last edited by rbshirley on Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Bronze Star Reply with quote

I would love to see Rasmussen come here and answer rb's points one by one; hopefully they're all in the book and the press will have lots of questions. I find it interesting that none of Kerry's diminishing "band of brothers" have shown up here to defend the slimeball; neither has Rasmussen. Clearly, Kerry didn't desreve a Star for simply picking someone up unless he was under fire, especially since Kerry dumped him in the water to start with! Semper Fi!
Dave Rittiford
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAVLRRP, Basically you've got the whole deal to Kerry's story’s. Just be nice to that owl with the smoke, I think there are a couple of PETA guys around
working for Kerry today.

As you look at Kerry's record it just Boggles the mind. Off the top of my head:

He put him self in for his first purple heart, when it was denied he appealed
the decision............... I've never heard of this being done anywhere.

He has the only Purple Heart I've heard of with no hostile fire or situation report.............

He has a Bronze Star for leaving the helm of his boat and pulling a guy on board.

He has a Silver Star for abandoning his vessel and running after a Kid with a discharged grenade launcher and killing him.

For those with no military experience, and or raised to disdain the Armed Forces this is just a bunch of Gobily Gook. For those not so blessed with the bliss of ignorance, Kerry is quite clearly the biggest fraud to walk down the pike since O.J. Simpson headed up a team to find his wife's murderer.

Anyone who thinks he is qualified to Lead as Commander In Chief is truly in the dark.

One of my favorite Kerry lines is from one of his books where he states he was secretly patrolling the waters in Cambodia on Christmas Eve 1968 while Richard Nixon made a speech there were no troupes at all in Cambodia.

Of course Nixon wasn't the president, Kerry wasn't in Cambodia and the fools attacking the site have no idea how much damage they are doing to John Kerry the man they are attempting to defend; defending the indefensible.

Three Purple hearts in four weeks, no time in Hospital, no stitches, no casts.
Look around the site, there is so much to this story it is no wonder the Democratic Spin Doctors look absolutely Mortified these days.... The thing is they were all duped by Kerry as well and don't know which way to turn.

circa 1971 doonesbury, Kerrys had a long time to practice:

hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be that Kerry referenced something Nixon said at Christmas time as the President elect?
Doug
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAVLRRP WELCOME HOME

To anyone who got up close and personal with Charlie Kerry is a phony....
Three purple hearts, silver star, bronze star...Please..
I wasn't on a swift boat but in the army and I did get up close and personal with sir Charles a few times with more than one name on the wall that I know and trust me when the **** is on John Kerry is the last guy I would want covering my back...

The question I have is with all the action he saw does he suffer from PTSD and if so what meds is he taking???????????????

Doug
D co 2/503 173rd airborne brigade
CAVLRRP
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to each of you who posted a reply to my question. Special thanks to ASPB for posting the web page that proves Kerry must be full of crap.

I guess his record would not be such a case had he not slandered all of us in the 70's with his BS to congress. Sure as I am writing many phonies padded their war records in Nam. Let them live with that. Kerry is far from alone on that issue. In fact many have made themselves into heros and were later exposed for not even being there. JUST LIKE THE FAKE VETS Kerry used to smear all of us.

Now that you have told me the truth about his actual combat, I also know he is a fraud and hyprocrat of the worst form. Two of my people who survived the war later committed suicide and in my opinion this was a result of PTSD which I am sure Kerry helped perpetuate among many Viet Nam Vets.

Chief Charlie Gopher of the Florida Seminole and Berry levin who attained the status of world reknown lawyer and killed himself in the VA Cemetary on Wilshire Boulevard in LA.

Kerry surley is a traitor, liar and fake warrior.

I'm not justifying the war, just judging this one man. The difference between the records of him and Bush is simple. Bush did not make himself into a fake hero and he never lied about the courage and sacrafice of the men who were the real heros. Who are these men?
just visit the wall and you will see them all. These are the heros Kerry craped all over. May God dam him to hell.

Mike McCoy
Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: