SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Right now vedio image of Robert Doles left handed salute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Right now vedio image of Robert Doles left handed salute Reply with quote

Seeing Robert Dole and his left handed salute brought a tear to my eye. His medals are genuine like most all of the medals that have been awarded to members of this board. Thank you all for your service.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
redhawk34
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in 2000, Senator Dole was campaigning in NJ, and showed up at the NJ Vietnam Vets Memorial. It was the Lieutenant who came there, not the Senator. As he left, I stepped out in front of him (to the horror of some pencil-neck SS agent) and came to the salute. He stopped, and returned it, deliberately and precisely, then shook my hand.
I cherish the honor.
Redhawk
redhawk34
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redhawk34 wrote:
Back in 1996, Senator Dole was campaigning in NJ, and showed up at the NJ Vietnam Vets Memorial. It was the Lieutenant who came there, not the Senator. As he left, I stepped out in front of him (to the horror of some pencil-neck SS agent) and came to the salute. He stopped, and returned it, deliberately and precisely, then shook my hand.
I cherish the honor.
Redhawk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: