SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Respect from Joe Scarborough
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: No Respect from Joe Scarborough Reply with quote

At about 10:30pm Joe while talking with Pat Buchanan stated "Some of those Swift Boat guys are despicable". No comment from Pat.

HEY JOE!!! You forgot about about O'Donnell??? That was despicable.

Joe has a severe case of "wannabealeftwinger". I think he's trying to get Ronnie Reagan to adopt him into the Regan family. Joe is despicable for his insulting remarks against SBVFT.

JOE...SHUT UP...YOU'RE NOT AMUSING!
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I heard it wrong, but it sounded to me that Scarboro and Buchanan were defending SVPFT.

Joe said he represented some of those guys in congress, knew they were honest, and had to believe what they said. Or maybe I misunderstood.
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you referring to tonight's Scarborough Country? I didn't hear Scarborough say that, I heard Buchanan and him praise the Swiftvets and say their efforts were the defining moment of Kerry's campaign.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Pat and Joe defended and complimented the SwiftVets multiple times throughout the show...the context of the "these guys are despicable" quote by Joe follows:
Quote:
...I know that you and I Pat have some friends that think that these guys are despicable but you know what...these guys sacrificed just about everything on the battlefield...I looked into their eyes and you know what, I said they have a very convincing message for America...
grammaj
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I heard the same. Very supportive of the Swiftees. Joe argued that you (Vets) were great men and honest.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat and Joe were both suportive of the swift vets. Pat is a great champion of the cause. The guy to be pissed at is ron reagan jr. he is a ----- it was great to see him almost cry tonight when he said the swiftys were a bunch of liars.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not Dan Rather so I am willing to admit that I'm wrong if you all heard what you say you heard. Maybe I'm fast to get rattled when I hear the reference to SBVFT and the word "despicable" in the same sentence.

So anyway...I'll apologize to Joe when he posts here his apology for O'Donnell's rant...as show host it's the least he could do.
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, OK then, it is nice to see that I am not the only one watching Scarbourgh to see the LMSM in their misery! Ain't it great!!!

I couldn't watch long though, Little Ronnie kept refering to the President as "Mr. Bush", and he began to make my stomach start to hurt. OK, plain English, I started feeling like I would vomit if I heard another word come out of his mouth, and I feared that I might commit a violent act against my television set!

So, I am back to Fox Smile

Last edited by Marquis on Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surfing them also.... to see what's being said...I even tuned to 60 minutes earlier...but something happened (I don't remember what) and I didn't see anything after a few minutes of it.... must have had to let the dog out and forgot what I was doing on cbs! wanted to watch rather tear up some more.... Laughing laughter is the best medicine!!!

I really don't want to watch any of them any more, but think I should keep an eye on them.... literally (my left eye is bad and doesn't see much)! Smile

Since I'm sick alot, I'm just curled up here in bed most of the time... it's them or qvc and hgtv! I just surf around! .... and nap alot (lots of sleep required). That's why I moved the computer into my bedroom... bed, tv, computer - I'm all set! Cool
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a great day!

What better way to relax than to surf the channels and listen to the libs in all their suffering. I happened to see the Scarborough comments on SBVT and thought... how nice, now that the election is final.

Wasn't the concession speech pathetic. I actually phoned my 84 year old mother to be sure she watched. Earlier she had said how she just couldn't watch Kerry when he was on and quit watching everything. I knew it would make her feel good. LOL!

Well, it's too late to get a good night's sleep again, but there is a certain renewed peace in the air and it feels comfortable.
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WebTalk wrote:

Well, it's too late to get a good night's sleep again, but there is a certain renewed peace in the air and it feels comfortable.

I am with you on that my Brotha!
Algesan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ol' Joe is my former representative and yes, he stayed inside the Beltway too long. He is somewhat infected IMO. Especially interesting is his excuse for resigning from House was to spend more time with his boys, but then he hopped into a big law firm, speaking engagements and appearing on talk shows.
SAS fan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some non-military Republicans like Joe are uncomfortable attacking the military service of Kerry. The Swift Vets can do it - they walked the walk.
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have been VERY surprised to learn that Joe had bad-mouthed Swifties; and Pat's not only been extremely supportive, he's one of the very, very few who has actually followed the evidence and logic of "Unfit." He doesn't defer to Swifts because they're "sincere," or "served their country," but because they're telling the TRUTH. That's what I want in a TV News moderator (DUH!).

Drives me CURRAAAAAZY that none of the anchor-dolts seemed to have studied Ethics in their Journalism or Communication grad schools! The highest good is to commit good at great cost (Christ is the Model). Telling the truth when it fails to hurt you or even benefits you is of far lower rank. And, of course, lying in order to benefit is the lowest. How come the MSM never factored this into their "analyses"?????
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a transcript of the show. Evidently I can no longer trust my ears so I need to read it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: