SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Grass Roots Movement to end election fraud
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Need Grass Roots Movement to end election fraud Reply with quote

I think the stomach ache we all walked around with for the past week shows us that we need a grass roots movement to end election fraud. I think there are plenty here who would be interested in that cause in addition to finishing the task of getting Kerry's records out in the open.

I'm not sure the politicians will realize how close this was. My fear was that Kerry would win and change laws so that elections would never be the same again.

We need a National Voter registration to end voting in more than one state.

We need a positive identification system to register and to vote. People don't mind showing picture ID to sign up for food stamps, receive money through western union, but they have a problem showing an id to vote.

If 27000 people are registered in both Ohio and Florida and they vote, then 27000 honest citizens' votes are disinfranchised because they were canceled with dishonest votes.

I think we the people must DEMAND these changes.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on the same wavelength as that today while I was on the train... I was thinking the most effective way to make SURE that each person votes only once would to use a fingerpint scan (ei. right thumb, etc) connected to a nationwide network database. I can already hear what the naysayer will be screaming, "we're turning into '1984'.... What about privacy rights?" Everything has a limit, and sometimes you have to compromise in certain situations.... Freedom isn't free, after all.....
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry friend, but fingerprint scan is a bit much for me. I would be satisfied if all states simply required a picture ID.
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting integrity back into the voting system is an essential task we should all work on.

I think there should be several things that would go a long way to reducing fraud:

1. Use the social security number as your registration number. Since that has been tattooed onto everyone without choice anyway, it would serve as a unique ID number. Every legitimate citizen has one these days. (Ironic since it was suppose to be a voluntary system when it was first started by FDR.)

2. Take voter registration back into the Supervisor of Elections as it was originally intended and away from 3rd parties. Then, issue free picture IDs withi the ss# at signup. This would be really simple. The bank I use will put your picture on your credit card while you wait so it's not time consuming or expensive. Since I believe all states now have picture driver licenses, getting a picture voter ID card with ss# is simple and not something that people haven't been doing for years. A person that would object to this has something to hide in my opinion.

3. Have all voter registrations in a central repository so they can be checked before every election. The mechanism for this is already in place as well with the instant background check to purchase firearms. This would also allow felons to be checked which is what the instant background system is all about. If a ss# shows up in more than one state, the person can be contacted to correct the problem.

During the Clinton years, the voter system integrity was destroyed. The people of the left know they do not represent the values of American society. They know they have to cheat. They are against every measure that would eliminate cheating. But, if a person get's a driver's license with their picture, they shouldn't object to a voter ID with same.

I agree that this should be our number one priorty, in addition to getting the truth about Kerry out there, before the 2006 elections. BTW, I believe that Kerry is up for re-election in 2006. I'd like to see what an election is like without fraud. I don't believe that we've had a fraud free election in my lifetime. It's time to force the system back to integrity.

Need to start flooding the legislators at both the state and federal level about this.

Just my .02.

VS
Jim.Cook
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Swift Vet Future Reply with quote

It would be perfect for a group that has been so wronged to move forward and be the guiding light for insuring that we get integrity back into the voting system.
Go Noi Island, Vietnam
Algesan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with a picture ID tied to the SSN. However, it should be provided with no fee (which driver's license or the nondriving state IDs require in my state) or be one of a variety of IDs. I do believe I'm technically in violation of my state law since I have no form of state ID (cannot drive, health problems related to GWS and I refuse to pay for 'papers'), but I do have several IDs with picture, SSN and birthdate. I'd sue if I have to pay out of my pocket for a voter ID.
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I'm willing to get involved with this. I have been telling my hubby all along that we need to do something and that I was going to start a one woman campaign if I had to after this election was over to get a National Voter's Registration. Photo ID and SSN should be manditory as well as appearing in person at an Election's Dept Office. It should be ok for people to hand out voter registration cards to people in registratin efforts but that is where it should stop. The person interested in voting then needs to take personal responsibility and take the filled out form to the Elections Dept.

This would or could even fix a problem of people getting 2 ballots when changing party affiliation. Eletion Dept people would have to use your assigned voter ID number or SSN to access your information to make changes instead of like with my dad this year the just turned him into 2 people all because the person doing the imputting added a space in his middle name "LeRoy" to Le Roy" so dad got 2 ballots. The person noticed that both lived at the same address and both had the same first, middle and last name but assumed it was 2 different people because it "looked like" there was a space in the middle name.

It's a good thing my dad is honest, he only voted once but my mom did have fun with my brother and told him that dad could vote twice and both would have been counted according to the Elections Dept had they not been alerted buy the phone call. I would have loved to seen my beothers face since he was a Kerry supporter.

Anyway, I would love to get involved in this kind of effort after all the horror stories we would read about this year alone. We really need to do something.

Honor, Courage and Committment
something John F. Kerry doesn't have
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe federal election reform must be accomplished by this president, before the next presidential election. Bush is a lame duck, so he is free to pursue this desperately-needed legislation.

Some items needing reform include:(Federal elections)

Consistent photo ID requirements in every state.

Consistent voter registration procedures and eligibilty rules in every state.

Consistent absentee, early voting and election-day voting in every state.

Consistent methods of voting in every state.

Connectivity to statewide and national voter-registration databases in all federal polling locations, and ability to record in real time the exact time and place of voting by every American voter, to prevent duplicate voting at multiple locations.

Strict accountability (with timely, serious penalties) for untruthful and/or unsubstantiated allegations reported publicly about a candidate engaged in a federal election campaign.

Strict ban on reporting by media of all political polling data during last 3 days of an election and on election day (including exit polling).
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that it would be easier to affect change state by state. While I agree that consistency across the country is ideal, it would require a carefully worded constitutional amendment AND perhaps a seperate election process for state & local elections --- what a headache...

There are some federal election laws that could be worked --- make it a federal crime to vote in more than one state in a federal election -- and offer the IRS name/address list for verification of residency (we know that no one wants to be in the IRS system more than once.) And it makes use of the SSN as a unique ID...

Also, there should be Federal Guidelines for states on absentee ballots to the military stationed out of their home state....

Definitely I want voter registration back in the hands of state employees -- voter registration drives could reimburse the state for overtime for employees - or for additional employees and for vans for them to man - and the organizations could designate locations, etc.... Or set up times/places to drive folks to the state office to register....

Just some thoughts...
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A national voter registration database could be implemented by generating a code number at registration. The code would be put in the national database and would only identify what state, county and precinct the number is registered to. It would not identify any personal data about the voter. The code could be generated by multiplying the voters SS# with a public number to generate a unique ID number. If a voter tries to register somewhere else, the clerk just enters the SS# and the public number and calculates the ID number. The computer then searches the database to check if the number already exists, if so, registration is denied unless the voter cancels the existing registration.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that with an organized enough effort, a grassroots effort could simply invalidate the polls / exit polls near the election. Basically, if people are LOUDLY encouraged by one side to not participate in any polls within 3 days of an election, the pollsters are in an impossible position, because their polls have been publicly invalidated before they start. Not only that, the degree of invalidation is impossible to determine, if it is done right.

Hmmm... I am not sure it is fair to the campaigns, though, for them to not be able to poll. Possibly they could be allowed to poll up through Nov. 1 & probably there WOULD need to be a legal requirement that pollsters identify up front exactly who the end recipient of the poll information is.
Make the fines for breaking this law VERY heavy.

Somewhat more controversial is the barring of vote reports until all polls are closed (or at least until their legal closing time.) Heck, if the election is close, you gotta wait until the next day to know the results, and if it's not close, people are probably going to know the result without needing the media's breathless coverage, election night, anyway.

Of course, this would put a big dent in media's election night income, but, if they don't shape up / become less biased, they're going to lose a lot more than that!

I realize the 1st idea is probably a little half-baked, but, what the heck, here it is for the oven...
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, then the work to do is to once again, contact our Senators, Congressmen, and the White House, demanding this. We need to coordinate with each other, as to who has been contacted, what the response is and follow up. This needs to be in place by 2006! I also think we should suggest that a great person to head this up would be Zell Miller since he will no longer be Senator. He believes in this country and he believes in truth. I think we should press him to make this his cause, his country needs him. We probably need a separate organization. I see national petitions to take to our Senators & Congressmen to make sure they KNOW how serious we are. We need to strike while the memory of this is hot. We need to look for Senators & Congressmen who have been hurt in the past or almost hurt by election fraud. Use the internet to our benefit, coordinate so that we hit every Senator on the same day, something like that. Just random thoughts. I see that there are 2 or 3 major things which are left to be worked on by the members of this board; getting John Kerry to answer in public for his lies about his past, pressuring the media to shed their bias and voter registration reform.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
Ok, then the work to do is to once again, contact our Senators, Congressmen, and the White House, demanding this. We need to coordinate with each other, as to who has been contacted, what the response is and follow up. This needs to be in place by 2006! I also think we should suggest that a great person to head this up would be Zell Miller since he will no longer be Senator. He believes in this country and he believes in truth. I think we should press him to make this his cause, his country needs him. We probably need a separate organization. I see national petitions to take to our Senators & Congressmen to make sure they KNOW how serious we are. We need to strike while the memory of this is hot. We need to look for Senators & Congressmen who have been hurt in the past or almost hurt by election fraud. Use the internet to our benefit, coordinate so that we hit every Senator on the same day, something like that. Just random thoughts. I see that there are 2 or 3 major things which are left to be worked on by the members of this board; getting John Kerry to answer in public for his lies about his past, pressuring the media to shed their bias and voter registration reform.

I agree. There are also other serious issues to address besides Kerry.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Republican Challanger in Ward 6 Pcts 20 and 22 what is needed is 2 pieces of ID. One a picture ID and the second a voter registration card. The one thing I noticed when I posted a challange is that when they produced the ID after the Voter ID was challanged they never matched. The major reason given for the difference between the two IDs was that that is their mothers home and where I get my checks sent. Although this discrepency a challange was avoided because in Michigan all that is required is the Voter ID. We were out of line asking for the license when the voter card was produced.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internet voting is the way to go. Those without access to the internet can vote on computers at polling places.

National Registration with your state identified. One is sent a pin number and answers a couple of personal questions and then the ballot for your specific location appears....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: