SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When did you KNOW...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: When did you KNOW... Reply with quote

I went to bed last night at about 10:00 central. I slept peacefully, I KNEW [had firm faith] that the President had stood down the traitor.

Today I asked my 10 year old daughter how she felt; she told me: "I knew that President Bush would win the day that you put those stickers on your car!"

She is now looking forward to casting her first vote for President, two elections from now.

Anyone taking bets that she will vote for a man of character, a man that stands up for what he believes? Anyone taking bets that she won't be fooled by a traitor to America? Anyone taking bets that John Kerry will NOT be on the ballot?

What amazes me most is that the Kerry supporters were projecting that the youth vote would win the election for them. Don't those $&(*^%'s know that the youth of America have PARENTS!

SBVT decided the 2004 election, PERIOD!

Last edited by Marquis on Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, the most accurate poll year after year is the "weekly reader" poll taken every year in public schools. At first when I heard that I figured that it was just anticdotal, like the redskins win/loss connection. But then after looking at the turnout, and listening to some of the pundits talking about who turns out to vote year after year.. I realised that married with children voters and grandparents are the largest group of voters that consistantly vote.

Just like you child will emulate you, the weekly reader poll tells you what parents are talking about around the dinner table and in the car.. I will follow it closely from now on.

To answer the question, I knew several days before the election. I discounted the halloween saturday night and sunday polls because the families who are Bush supporters would be more difficult to catch at that time. (trickorTreating sat night and sun morning church) So I went by the late week polls, and then I watched the candidates. Bush looked and sounded his best. Herman Munster was without vision. I knew W had it in the bag.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "knew" about a week ago - I just suddenly felt very calm about it. Rock solid.

Then a few days ago, I noticed that I was smiling every time I thought about it. Rock solid and celebrating in anticipation. I knew Kerry was going DOWN.

Monday night, I had a sort of dream and I realized why I was so sure.

Yesterday, you couldn't live with me - I was giddy with relief that it was almost over and we were winning! Very Happy

I never trusted any of the polls and I don't think I even saw any television coverage until about midnight Eastern time?

I just hung out with you folks all day and honestly, we were so busy, there was no time to be down or to worry, even if I'd have felt like it.
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough I had a wonderful dream on either sunday or monday night that Kerry went down hard. I woke up with a sense of calm and peace. It was a very unusual dream, I was praising God in it, I don't think that has ever happened to me before.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What amazes me most is that the Kerry supporters were projecting that the youth vote would win the election for them.

Don't forget, early on, Kerry said he would organize a million veterans to support him. I doubt he even came close.

As to when did I know? I was apprehensive until I saw Ohio go for Bush last night. I felt secure in the knowledge that he had won. Then, when Edwards came out last night vowing to fight on, my heart sank as I anticipated another court battle with them trying everything imagineable to steal the election, again. I was confident they wouldn't pull it off, but wasn't looking forward to seeing the country ripped further apart by another 2000 type battle in court.

As I heard the Ohio Sec of State say this morning that there weren't enough provisional ballots still uncounted to make a difference, I became all smiles. After that, I just waited for him to make his Divisive, Come Together, Victory, Concession speech. Rolling Eyes
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: who knew? Reply with quote

After the Red Sox came back from 0-3 to beat the Evil Empire, I knew there was a God in heaven and that The Loser would be defeated.

Sometimes we just have to be reminded, that's all.
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't forget, early on, Kerry said he would organize a million veterans to support him. I doubt he even came close.

He did help organize several million veterans.. They just didn't support HIM. Laughing
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I always knew that "W" stood for WIN!
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew the day I logged on to this site. Coming from Massachusetts I sometimes forget that there are so many patriotic people out there. When I saw all the posts by those who have sacraficed so much, not just our soldiers, but thier mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, brothers and sisters, I knew that we would never put a traitor in the Whitehouse. Almost all of my friends and I supported the President, but I live right near Boston, so there are also many liberals. Living here, you sometimes forget the patriotism and moral fiber that prevails in the south and mid-west.
SWVTsupporter
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big Packer's fan and was cheering for them to win, even knowing the outcome reflected a 68 year record based on the Redskins performance. My wife wanted the Pack to lose for that reason. When Washington scored with 2 minutes left but the play was called back on a bogus penalty, I turned to my wife and said Bush just won the election. The Pack had lost the game but the referee was obviously a Kerry fan so he wanted to make sure the Packers won, thus ensuring a Kerry victory. Razz

Just like the exit poll strategy to disenfranchise Bush voters, the plan backfired.

Ah, the irony. Even though the Kerry supporters again cheated in this election, the good Lord was watching over us with good conquering evil.
Ladder Yankee 33
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch the election returns. My wife and I did our bible study and had our quiet time and went to bed early. We had been praying for righteousness to remain in the White House and left it in the Lord's capable hand:

Ps 64:10 - The righteous man will be glad in the LORD and will take refuge in Him; And all the upright in heart will glory. Very Happy

Pr 12:13 - An evil man is ensnared by the transgression of his lips Evil or Very Mad , But the righteous will escape from trouble. Laughing

You will know the truth and the truth will set you free. Laughing
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite honestly, I "KNEW" when I first started paying attention to the claims being made by the Swift Boat Vets.

Thank, you, one and all, to your CONTINUING service to our great country.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believed it from the very first time I heard that Kerry was the Dem candidate. I've always BELIEVED Bush would win.

I knew it, when GWB accepted Kerry's concession.

If you believe something that's not yet known, that's faith. Once it's known for sure, then you don't have to believe it anymore, you can know it.
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After the Red Sox came back from 0-3 to beat the Evil Empire

Evil empire? If Sadamm is a fan, the Yankees can't be ALL bad. Laughing

I knew Bush would win, as soon as the publicity picked up on Unfit for Command, and the book sat on the NY Times bestseller list for such a long time. The word on the true John Kerry was getting out.

I was only surprised so many voters actually voted for such a candidate. A traitor, liar, war criminal, and hardly someone who inspired confidence in anyone in the mainstream

The way some people, Democrat AND Republican vote though, I'd almost expect Osama bin Laden to pick up 40% of the popular vote, if he was some major parties annointed candidate.
nccjones
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to say that I always knew...but I didn't. I'm six hours ahead of EST so I went to bed around midnight when the exit polls were still saying Kerry was ahead. I woke up around 5am (11pm EST) after some fitfull sleep, so I got up and turned on the TV. I saw by then that many polls had closed and Bush was taking many of the States. It was then that I started to feel confident. Around 6am is when FOX called Ohio for Bush and it was then I knew he won. Even throughout the day when Kerry wouldn't give in, I felt good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: