SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How's this for a scary scenario?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: How's this for a scary scenario? Reply with quote

Imagine if Hillary will run in 2008 and have Kerry on the ticket as her VP running mate. Or even worse, our Felon-in-Chief, Bill. We need to do everything in our power to neutralize the threat of Kerry even having a chance to remain a senator. What we can do about a Hillary and Bill ticket. I have no idea. I don't believe Bill Clinton would be prohibited from running as a Vice-presidential candidate. Can you imagine if this becomes a reality? How would the presidential acendence go if Hillary would commit suicide like Vince Foster? Perhaps a political scholar could answer this question. I know the mere prospect, scares the hell out of me. I don't mean to throw cold water on our celebration. I was just wondering.
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is now damaged goods on the National scene. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I also don't think, no matter what the OIMSM says, that America would actually elect Hillary so I'm not to concerned.

Hillary would have to spend the next four years moving to the middle, and that would include having to vote for SCOTUS judges that her left base wouldn't approve of.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most probable scenario---Hillary and Obama.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: How's this for a scary scenario? Reply with quote

George F. Thompson wrote:
Imagine if Hillary will run in 2008 and have Kerry on the ticket as her VP running mate. Or even worse, our Felon-in-Chief, Bill. We need to do everything in our power to neutralize the threat of Kerry even having a chance to remain a senator. What we can do about a Hillary and Bill ticket. I have no idea. I don't believe Bill Clinton would be prohibited from running as a Vice-presidential candidate. Can you imagine if this becomes a reality? How would the presidential acendence go if Hillary would commit suicide like Vince Foster? Perhaps a political scholar could answer this question. I know the mere prospect, scares the hell out of me. I don't mean to throw cold water on our celebration. I was just wondering.

I think slick's quadruple bypass and asundry side effects will cause him to fade away over the next few years. Did you hear his doctor told him no more oral sex?

Kerry is history. He definitely is damaged goods and will be even more damaged before we get through with him.

Hillary is going to have a major uphill battle to be the next dem candidate. They want her, but there is a formidable force out there that does not want her. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Zell Miller
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be no rest from now til 2008. Don't get complacent.
First, we are not finished with Kerry. We all here need to keep at this. At this time we are organizing and we need to continue in a measured manner. As long as he is on the political scene, he is a threat. Americans forget too quickly and he can and probably will start the machine grinding to discredit all who opposed and exposed him. Until we have full disclosure we are not done. Until every generation has the truth about Vietnam available we are not done.
Second, Hillary and Bill and Obama and all others are a threat as they have the same extreme left agendas. We may see the Dems reclaim their party and get rid of the extremists. Hillary may try to modify herself so keep your eyes open.

To gain insight into the fight read:
Dereliciton of Duty By Lt Col Bus Patterson
Reckless Disregard " " "

Because He Could by Dick Morris

Unholy Alliance: Radical Islam and the Left by David Horowitz

American Evita

Go to ///cspc.org// CTW

Never Ever Kerry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I heard that Hillary was planning to have Billy on her ticket as vice-prez too. I guess he can run for that office on Hillary's ticket, however, I am wondering, since a prez. is allowed only two terms, if something happened to Hillary, and I wish nothing bad on even my worst enemy, how that would work? He would become prez. once again......that would make it 3x's. Could they do that...I wonder...anyone have an answer?

Forget Obamma.......he has health issues.....not likely scenerio according to my Dad that lives in my hometown Chicago.....no place like home, but glad not to be there right now.....dem state. Daddy says they are acting outrageous there since I moved down here with my family. Rolling Eyes
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constitutionally anyone who has been president cannot be elected to any office that can land him in as president again:

Bill cannot ever be vice president or speaker of the house.

But he can write another book!
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dems just don't get it. THe majority of AMericans HATE the Clintons and want them GONE. Until the Dems get rid of the Clintons and all their henchmen they will continue to sink.

If they think this election was a landslide for Bush....let them run Hitlery in 4 years. It will make this one look tame.

They really are stupid.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can weave paranoid scenarios adinfinitum and it will do nothing to contribute positively to our efforts here. Lets focus on the positive and make an effort to consolidate our gains by creating a coalition of our own, "Republicans and Democrats for a new America". The Eagle needs both wings to fly. Smile

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Bill Clinton as VP? Reply with quote

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am22

12th Amendment:
Quote:
But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

22nd Ammendment:
Quote:
No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

Since Bill Clinton has already been elected President twice, he is therefore ineligible to be President again, according to the 22nd Amendment. According to the 12th Amendment, he is a "person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President", and therefore ineligible to be Vice President.

We need not fear Bill Clinton as VP, but Hillary as President could be a BIG problem. The Constitution doesn't say anything about the wife of a former President becoming President...

After all, we've already had two sons of former Presidents become President!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillary would never play in the red states. She would be starting out with 249 EV against her no matter what. They love her on the coasts. The red states have the power now and she will never be President. Not ever.
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Hillary Reply with quote

We should never under estimate the Devil. We are trying to recover from the Clintons. Hillary is the Devil himself. I fear her even more than I feared John Kerry.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the arse kicking the Democrats took in this last election, I think it will be a long time before they try to impose upon any of us someone even remotely similar to sKerry in philosiphical outlook . They've got some major soul searching to do if they want to retain any credibility in the American political arena. Very Happy

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: