SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special Plans for Veterans Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Special Plans for Veterans Day Reply with quote

Anyone have an special plans for veterans day? I'm looking for events in my local area, but does anyone know of anything big going on?

Here is one link to an event near me:

Posted on Thu, Nov. 04, 2004

Walnut Creek to honor servicemen on Veterans Day

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/local/states/california/counties/contra_costa_county/cities_neighborhoods/walnut_creek/10097541.htm?1c

Walnut Creek Mayor Charlie Abrams will honor several city residents who are military servicemen that have returned from duty in the Middle East at a Veterans Day Observance at 11 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 11 at the gazebo in Civic Park, at the corner of Civic Drive and North Broadway.

In rainy weather, the ceremony will be held in the City Council Chamber in City Hall, at 1666 N. Main St., across from the park.

The mayor will present commendations to Lt. Col. Tim Barrett, U.S. Marine Corps; Maj. David K. Burke, U.S. Air Force; 1st Lt. Jon Kirkham, U.S. Marine Corps; Lcpl. Christopher Ritthaler, U.S. Marine Corps; Sgt. Jeff Silva, U.S. Army; and Lt. David Yuers, U.S. Air Force.

Gary Villalba, County Veteran Service Officer, will be the keynote speaker at the event. The California National Guard HHB 1-143rd Field Artillery Battalion of Walnut Creek will present the colors, Chaplain Dwane Michael of John Muir Medical Center will offer an invocation, and the Walnut Creek Concert Band will perform.
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Veterans Day Link For All Reply with quote

This may be a jumping off site.
As I get specifics for Texas I will add to the site.
Make it a wonderful day.
Mary Ann Parker

http://www1.va.gov/vetsday/index.cfm
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARINE CORPS BALL, with my old unit Third Bn Fourth Marines

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lthrneck wrote:
MARINE CORPS BALL, with my old unit Third Bn Fourth Marines

More than 30 years ago I made a solemn drunken vow to a Marine buddy that no matter what happened to either one of us we would both throw a Veteran's Day Party and publicly toast each other. We worked out the exact wording of how we wanted to toast each other on a bar napkin.

I haven’t heard from Big John for years, but I keep hosting a Veteran’s Day party and stopping the party at some point to say, “Here is to Sergeant John Thomas Schmidt United States Marine Corp, two tours of duty in Viet Nam with the Fifth Counter Intelligence Team.”

I will do it with extra gusto this year.

Sam
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For past decade or so I’ve always made it down to the Veterans Day parade here in Atlanta. It’s a ritual for me. Second largest parade in the nation.

Any others from this forum that may be attending (or in?) the parade this year, 11/11/2004, starting at 11AM? If so, perhaps we can work out something to ID ourselves, probably something inconspicuous, and probably in a certain area (perhaps across from the Review Stand (near 14th & Peachtree?), and introduce ourselves, shake hands?

USAF66-70
Fred H.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: