SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I’m moving to Canada…

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdmoel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: I’m moving to Canada… Reply with quote

Don’t you get tired of hearing that from these cry baby Kerry supporters? I say please do!!! But check this out---Statement from Canada (HAHA):

The Canadian government is warning perturbed Americans planning to move to Canada after President Bush's win that they must stand in line and go through the same application procedures as any other immigrants — which can take up to a year.

The Canadian immigration ministry says, "You just can't come into Canada and say 'I'm going to stay here'...There has to be a reason why the person is coming to Canada."
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that on TV, also. But I have a question: How do terrorists get into Canada and try to make their way to the USA? I thought that was one of the complaints of Homeland Security. Can someone please explain?
Ladder Yankee 33
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't want Americas trash anymore than we do. Wink

Maybe they can go to Cuba and join their Uncle Fidel. Shocked
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Terrorists in Canada Reply with quote

Actually, Mohammed Atta and one of the other 9/11 terrorists (I forgot his name) flew from Canada to Boston that morning. There were also some terrorists who wanted to blow up the Seattle Space Needle who tried to get in from Vancouver, but were stopped by an alert Customs lady in late 1999, on a tip from an anti-terrorist judge in France, of all places!

I'm not sure which border will cause the USA the most trouble--we've got to watch them both.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Robert Redford was going, I do hope so. I also heard some were checking into New Zealand. They are not taking people who lost in Australia, so I doubt they will take ours. I think they should try the Middle East and grow up.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we can starve them out. Boycott their livelyhood. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Adnil77
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh let me see if I can squeeze a tear out!! Nope, I can't seem to get past my BIG smaile!!! Razz Yay!! Good Bye and Good mud slinging. The laws are different in other countries.....TRAITORS!!!!! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: I’m moving to Canada… Reply with quote

sdmoel wrote:
Don’t you get tired of hearing that from these cry baby Kerry supporters? I say please do!!! But check this out---Statement from Canada (HAHA):

The Canadian government is warning perturbed Americans planning to move to Canada after President Bush's win that they must stand in line and go through the same application procedures as any other immigrants — which can take up to a year.

The Canadian immigration ministry says, "You just can't come into Canada and say 'I'm going to stay here'...There has to be a reason why the person is coming to Canada."

REALLY! AND I SAY THEIR REASONS FOR LEAVING THE USA ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I SAY LET THEM STAY HERE AND SUFFER! OH, POOR BABIES! I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR YOU ALL....********!
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really a shame, I used to think that Redford was a good actor but this is an act that won't get an encore on my stage. What's wrong with them anyway, can't they just live their lives like all of the rest of us? Do they always have to have some grudge to churn? I don't know of anybody who wants to dump them into a concentration camp and I'm sick of being reffered to as a jack booted storm trooper. I'm nothing of the sort. I'm perfectly willing to live and let live as long as someone elses ideas don't inpinge upon my life.
I know that the media types think we're all stupid and that we need to be led around and fed like children. But one day they'll realize just how wrong they are in their estimation of folks. I got along without them before I met them, I can get along without them now. Cool

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really a shame, I used to think that Redford was a good actor but this is an act that won't get an encore on my stage. What's wrong with them anyway, can't they just live their lives like all of the rest of us? Do they always have to have some grudge to churn? I don't know of anybody who wants to dump them into a concentration camp and I'm sick of being reffered to as a jack booted storm trooper. I'm nothing of the sort. I'm perfectly willing to live and let live as long as someone elses ideas don't inpinge upon my life.
I know that the media types think we're all stupid and that we need to be led around and fed like children. But one day they'll realize just how wrong they are in their estimation of folks. I got along without them before I met them, I can get along without them now. Cool

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
PhD candidate
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Terrorists in Canada Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
Actually, Mohammed Atta and one of the other 9/11 terrorists (I forgot his name) flew from Canada to Boston that morning. There were also some terrorists who wanted to blow up the Seattle Space Needle who tried to get in from Vancouver, but were stopped by an alert Customs lady in late 1999, on a tip from an anti-terrorist judge in France, of all places!

I'm not sure which border will cause the USA the most trouble--we've got to watch them both.

actually, that is untrue.

The suspected ring leader, Mohammed Atta, flew from Florida to Baltimore, where he spent the day, before flying onto Boston. There, investigators say, Atta hooked up a final time with fellow pilot Al- Shehhi at this hotel. It was the day before the attacks. Atta and Abdullah Aziz Alamari (ph), another hijacker, then drive to Portland, Maine, where they check into a Comfort Inn.

Back in Portland, just before going to sleep, a busy night for the hijackers. Atta and Alamari (ph) are photographed at an ATM. A half hour later, they stop at a gas station. Atta, seen on the right. After a few minutes, cameras capture Atta at a local Wal- mart.

Early the next morning, cameras record Atta and Alamari going through airport security in Portland.
photo:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Atta_in_airport.jpg

the text above is from cnn
[url]
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0209/15/sm.07.html[/url]

atta has never been to canada, as far as I can tell.
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet they will come crawling back to the US as soon as they get sick and need medical attention. Can not imagine them waiting in line for their socialized medical care. Those of us in border areas are very familiar with how many Canadians come across for treatment that they would have to wait months to receive at home. They also need to learn to say "hello taxes".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: