SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who could really vote for George Bush?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Who could really vote for George Bush? Reply with quote

As a US Army Vet I have to question how could anyone vote for George Bush. This is the guy who used his Daddys contacts to get his position in the reserves, who never went to war and never completed his service.

As President we have seen Bush throw our troops into war for false reasons. We then see him completely mis-manage the war. Do we forget when several of the commanding generals expressed the need for 200,000 troops and were forced out of their positions. Bush's VP, Mr. Chaney decided to avoid the draft but is now willing to send other peoples children. From the start we have seen a bunch of ChickenHawks in the Bush administration march us to war.

IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE....RUN JOHN RUN!!!

PS: Price of oil reached its all time high today. Stock Market tanks due to lack of growth in jobs.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Pat:

Please cite, quote or otherwise indicate the source of your information. Points are taken off if you use Moore's waste of celluloid:

1 - Where is the evidence that family contacts got the President his posting in the guard?

2 - What false reasons do you have for war? Please cite any source material that you may be in possession of that indicates Congress and the Senate used the false reasons when they VOTED.

3 - Please cite an source material on the troop numbers. Did Gen. Franks who was in command say that?

4 - Since OPEC is a key player in setting the price of oil, please cite where the administration's actions or lack thereof caused the prices to spike.

Obviously you are a dedicated Kerry fan. Good for you, that's your right. But don't come in there spouting junk without supporting source. We can all get this same inaccuracies and distortions from Michael Moore - or for that matter, the democrat party. You seem to have failed to pick up on the fact that SBVT is backing their views with source material and COLD, HARD, FACTS.
Sting2114
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you feel that way...Let me tell you a story that hits close to home for me...

I'm a member of a frat at a nearby college here in Louisville, Kentucky.

A few of my brothers are serving in Iraq as I write this, a few have made it back already. In all forms of the service.

I've spoken with all of them about this war and what they think. They all said to vote for Bush in November. What am I gonna do? Vote Bush in November.

They saw combat, these aren't people who ran from the enemy or are lying about what they did there. How do I know? I've met others who served with my frat brothers. I met one in Niagara Falls, ON, Canada, last summer (a year come next week). We were in a night club known as "Daily Planet". He told me one story where his group was out of ammo, so what did my frat brother do? With only a few bullets left in his HAND GUN, he went in alone and took out several enemies. They won that battle thanks to my frat brother's courage. When I came back to Louisville I saw my frat brother for the first time since his return home. I talked with him for awhile. I didn't even have to ask, he told me the exact same story that I heard in Canada. That proves he wasn't lying. Doesn't it?
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Who could really vote for George Bush? Reply with quote

Pat wrote:
As a US Army Vet I have to question how could anyone vote for George Bush. This is the guy who used his Daddys contacts to get his position in the reserves, who never went to war and never completed his service..

Bush, like Kerry, received an honorable discharge. There is no proof that he "never completed his service" or that he went AWOL, although Kerry is a war criminal (America's Kurt Waldheim) per his own statements.

Bush did not knife other veterans in the back by broad-brushing them as war criminals who burned villages and behaved like Genghis Khan, in a manner that encouraged the enemy and hurt American morale. Kerry did.

Although I counsel against arguing over whether Kerry earned his medals, he threw them over the fence-- although now he says he threw another man's medal's over the fence. I would have more respect for him if he continued to say that he threw his medals away and will therefore not use his Vietnam record as an election issue-- but he is. This (and plenty of other things) mark him as a phony and a hypocrite.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,

Everything you say is coming right out of F911 or the Kerry talking points list.

If the President never finished his service, why was he given an honorable discharge. They don't hand those out to deserters.

John Kerry left the Gridley early to go to Swifts, which he (by his own words) thought had little to do with the war. Swifts were, at that time, patrolling the coastal waters and were a fairly safe assignment.

Two weeks after his arrival, the mission changed and it then became much more dangerous.

He then left Swifts only a third of a way through his tour.

He then left the Navy early to run for Congress.

Compare the records of the two.

Kerry demanded that the President release all his records, which he did. Kerry has said on two occasions that he would release all of his, but he has yet to follow through. There are many gaps in his records and surprisingly (?) the items that are missing are the very items that could either confirm or refute the claims made against him.

As for Bush "throwing our troops into war for false reasons," you are just plain wrong. He had the security of our country and the stability of the region to consider. He has been proven correct on nearly every single count. Not that you see it in our mainstream media, but Hussein was in possession of tons of yellow-cake and was working on nukes - as reported by Duelfer in May. It's suspected that the stockpiles of sarin, cyclo-sarin and mustard went across the border into three places in Syria.

It's important to you that VP Cheney took student deferments?

Are you equally condemning of Bill Clinton's finagling a slot in the ROTC, and then, after his lottery number was decided, and it was known that he had a snowball's chance of being called up, got himself out of the ROTC commitment on CO status? Did that bother you just as much?

It's time for a change, all right. It's time to stop letting a traitor to this country and a slanderer of millions of soldiers run for the highest office in the land.

You DO know that he was present at a meeting of the VVAW where the assasination of pro-war Congressmen was planned, do you not? And he didn't report it to the authorities.

He should have been in prison a long time ago.
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Kerry guilty of a crime? Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

You DO know that he was present at a meeting of the VVAW where the assasination of pro-war Congressmen was planned, do you not? And he didn't report it to the authorities.

If this can be proven it should be circulated as widely as possible. Failure to report a conspiracy to commit a violent felony may itself be a felony.
VictorRussell'92
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What most liberals like to do when their boy Kerry is looking terrible is talk about Bush. This gets them off the subject of how awful their candidate is for the job.

Bush is not a perfect candidate, Bush has made mistakes, the democrats have failed this country by proposing our form of change be a liberal traitor. Plain and simple.

The choice is obvious because we have only 2 choices to make. Kerry (Liberal Traitor) or Bush (Average honerable President) Show me a more solid candidate than Bush and I am all ears.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry guilty of a crime? Reply with quote

Bill Levinson wrote:
If this can be proven it should be circulated as widely as possible. Failure to report a conspiracy to commit a violent felony may itself be a felony.

It's already been proven, Bill. The FBI released its records of the seminar and it's investigations into the VVAW under the FOIA - the VVAW was successfully infiltrated with FBI agents.

Kerry argued forcefully against this type of violence, by the way - which may be the reason that he wasn't prosecuted for conspiracy or even for failing to report it.
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an Iraq war veteran I plan on voting for GW Bush again. He did NOT go to war under false pretenses; that is a leftist smear and lie unsupported by anything other than Michael Moore, the Democrat Party and DU/Moveon.org. The US's own chief arms inspector told Congress back in March that Saddam was working towards a nuclear weapon. The unranium they hauled out of Iraq this past summer was enough to construct one to two nuclear weapons. The chemical arms build by Saddam and used on Iranian and Kurd fighters have not been accounted for.

I am proud to have served under his leadership and freed 25 million people from a genocidal dictator. You should be ashamed for not wanting freedom for Iraqis.

My wife, a fairly liberal Democrat, plans on voting for GW Bush this year. She can see that John Kerry is a snake and a phony too. Too bad you can't.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

November 12 - 15, 1971 -- the VVAW leadership meets in Kansas City. Fearing surveillance by authorities, the group relocates the meeting to another building. They debate, then vote down a plan to assassinate several pro-war U.S. Senators. Despite John Kerry's claim to have left the VVAW before this event, several witnesses, meeting minutes and FBI records eventually place Kerry at the Kansas City meeting.

wintersoldier.com
> timeline
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/index.php?topic=Timeline
SharpTalons
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Bush is not the issue. John Kerry has clearly drew the ire of his fellow vets by embellishing his military career for political gain. If he hadn't foolishly publicized this "war hero" image I am positive these ads would have never been created.

Last edited by SharpTalons on Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
VictorRussell'92
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpTalons wrote:
George Bush is not the issue. John Kerry has clearly drew the ire of his fellow vets by embellishing his military career for political gain. If he hadn't follishly this "war hero' route I am positive these ads would have never been created.

I absolutly agree. This has nothing to do with Bush.....
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Who could really vote for George Bush? Reply with quote

Pat wrote:
As a US Army Vet I have to question how could anyone vote for George Bush. This is the guy who used his Daddys contacts to get his position in the reserves, who never went to war and never completed his service.

As President we have seen Bush throw our troops into war for false reasons.

Pat,

Are you saying that the closing of Saddam Hussein's execution machine, that filled mass graves with hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis, many children, who were often tortured, thrown into industrial grinders, or raped in front of their spouse and children, was not worth 1,000 American lives?

FDL
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Who could really vote for George Bush? Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

Pat,

Are you saying that the closing of Saddam Hussein's execution machine, that filled mass graves with hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis, many children, who were often tortured, thrown into industrial grinders, or raped in front of their spouse and children, was not worth 1,000 American lives?

I wouldn't approach it from this direction. Although I agree that the U.S. (or any civilized country) has the moral RIGHT to overthrow a murderous dictatorship like Saddam Hussein's, or even the Butchers of Beijing, we do not have the moral right to send our troops off to die in crusades to save the world. We should send American troops to fight only to protect the United States.

Having said this, we did believe that Saddam was developing WMDs that he might have shared with terrorists, for use on the United States. He WAS encouraging terrorists in Israel. He DID give aid to Al Qaida even though he was not involved in 9/11. Nonetheless, he was aiding enemies of the U.S. and that makes him the enemy.

We SHOULD, however, use the image you posted whenever the left starts to accuse us of "murdering" Iraqis.
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The democrats are such idiot hypocrites! They love their draft dodging Adulterer President Clinton for eight years, then bash Bush because he didn't see combat during his tour? Give me a break!!! So now they're trying to turn their Jane Fonda Traitor into a War Hero? What planet are we on? Bizzarro World!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: