SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's first wife wanted to defend him against the SBV's
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Kerry's first wife wanted to defend him against the SBV's Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry Anger Over Swift Boat Ads. By August, the attack of the Swift Boat veterans was getting to Kerry. He called adviser Tad Devine, who was prepping to appear on "Meet The Press" the next day: "It's a pack of f---ing lies, what they're saying about me," he fairly shouted over the phone. Kerry blamed his advisers for his predicament. (Cahill and Shrum argued responding to the ads would only dignify them.) He had wanted to fight back; they had counseled caution. Even Kerry's ex-wife, Julia Thorne, was very upset about the ads, she told daughter Vanessa. She could remember how Kerry had suffered in Vietnam; she had seen the scars on his body, heard him cry out at night in his nightmares. She was so agitated about the unfairness of the Swift Boat assault that she told Vanessa she was ready to break her silence, to speak out and personally answer the Swift Boat charges. She changed her mind only when she was reassured that the campaign was about to start fighting back hard.

this quote is from the link on Drudge"newsweek ready to unload on treasa..." It had some really interesting things in it, not the least of was this.

Did anyone know about this? Was it posted? I had wondered about his first wife and how she played into this.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw much mention of her at all, other than she suffered a mental breakdown years ago, while married to Kerry.
CaptnJack
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would she tell their daughter that her father was a coward & traitor? How would a mother do that tactfully? IF, IF she really was ready to defend him what could she say of value? Would she have opened up a can of worms we would have found to be great bait?
MTS17446
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this, and tell me what this country would have been like had Kerry actually won the election.

Quote:
The "Outlandish" McCain Offer. Kerry's courtship of Senator John McCain to be his running mate was longer-standing and more intense than previously reported. As far back as August 2003, Kerry had taken McCain to breakfast to sound him out to run on a unity ticket. McCain batted away the idea as not serious, but Kerry, after he wrapped up the nomination in March, went back after McCain a half-dozen more times. "To show just how sincere he was, he made an outlandish offer," Newsweek's Thomas reports. "If McCain said yes he would expand the role of vice president to include secretary of Defense and the overall control of foreign policy. McCain exclaimed, 'You're out of your mind. I don't even know if it's constitutional, and it certainly wouldn't sell.'" Kerry was thwarted and furious. "Why the f--- didn't he take it? After what the Bush people did to him...'"

Also...If Kerry's ex-wife was right, why didn't Kerry just sign the 180. Would have helped him, not hurt him.
CaptnJack
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st I saw that. I had heard kerry begged McCain and believe he only asked the Breck Boy after erveryone else had turned him down. Nice to hear McCain let kerry know he is insane but what can McCain do to make up to for his treatment of the MIA/POW families?
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry's first wife wanted to defend him against the SBV' Reply with quote

[quote="wednesdaychild"]
Quote:
she had seen the scars on his body, .

What does the scar from a grain of rice in you butt look like anyway? Anyone got any idea? It must be a horrific sight! Poor dear...
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptnJack wrote:
1st I saw that. I had heard kerry begged McCain and believe he only asked the Breck Boy after erveryone else had turned him down. Nice to hear McCain let kerry know he is insane but what can McCain do to make up to for his treatment of the MIA/POW families?

McCain can walk over to the DOD, have Kerry's papers photocopied, and graciously leak them to the SBVT! End of story.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIES, LIES, THEY'RE ALL LIES ! (just keeping up on my Kerry smear tactics)

There is a section of a book by Julia somewhere on this forum.... I copied it out, will post if I can find it....

the above doesn't sound like the same Julia.... I was impressed with her from my previous reading.... - she has written 2 books and one was about the trama of living with Kerry (well close to that)

and yes, what would that HORRIBLE scar look like ? from a grain of rice.... and nightmares! what a wimp! if he was in that bad a shape from a few months and a few 'owies' - Lord help us if he'd been seriously wounded! or if he had become president! he can't even handle the truth being said about him!

anyone remember Bush coming out to a microphone and yelling:
'It's a democratic SMEAR ! a Kerry SMEAR! I won't tolerate it! No one can question my patriatism !

Kerry's nightmares were probably from seeing (in a dream) his own reflection - and it was YELLOW!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have stated several times, there is a literal ARMY of now unmuzzled "journalists" that may well look to earn their bacon (or their journalistic stripes) at His Fraudulency's expense. I don't think a feeding frenzy of Kerry "exposes" is far from the realm of possibility.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
I don't think a feeding frenzy of Kerry "exposes" is far from the realm of possibility.

Or far in the future, either. Wink

"The story, the story, the story."

And the truth will write itself.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
from Kerry "It's a pack of f---ing lies, what they're saying about me," he fairly shouted.

1971 when Kerry testified before the senate testimony committee over 2.5 million Vietnam Veterans had the same thoughts. The difference being that our Vietnam Veterans thinking was based in reality and Kerry’s words came from a sense of desperation as the truth about himself was being revealed by the Swift Boat & POW’s for truth.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think a feeding frenzy of Kerry "exposes" is far from the realm of possibility

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Clinton people, including MSM, are studying their copies of UFC right know to ensure that Kerry won’t be a problem to them in 2008. Seems everyone may want this AH to disappear.
gia_lin_fo
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
LIES, LIES, THEY'RE ALL LIES ! (just keeping up on my Kerry smear tactics)
Kerry's nightmares were probably from seeing (in a dream) his own reflection - and it was YELLOW!

I was less than honorably discharged, before, I was honorably discharged, is more likely the truth. The lie is everything he did say.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
she had seen the scars on his body, heard him cry out at night in his nightmares.

My, my....what would it have been like if he had served a complete tour.

Always center stage for Kerry...it's about his suffering..the only person in the entire war who suffered, the only hero.

Good grief I am glad he never got a real wound..there would never be an end to it.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:
I don't think a feeding frenzy of Kerry "exposes" is far from the realm of possibility.

Or far in the future, either. Wink

"The story, the story, the story."

And the truth will write itself.

DOGGONE IT Navy_Navy_Navy, you and Me#1You#10 are a tease, tease, tease

Stop it some more, more, more! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: