SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behind the scenes, Kerry still a bitter man
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Behind the scenes, Kerry still a bitter man Reply with quote

As usual, my TV is set to Fox and Friends. At about 0630 (MST) they were relating some of the behind the scenes comments of Kerry. I missed the part indicating where, how, or who they got the info from.

The one that stood out was his reference to Swift Vets, saying their story was "a pack of f...ing lies".

The guy is simply clueless and unrepentant. His lies have been repeated so many times, that even he believes them.

Fox also said he spent a lot more time than originally claimed, trying to get John McCain as his VP. When that failed, he tried to get him to accept two cabinet posts, Sec of Defence and National Security Advisor (?). McCain reportedly told him it was not legal and ended the conversation.

After McCain hung up, Kerry said, "How the f... could he have turned me down?"

A transcript of that particular segment would be very interesting to delve into a bit more.
rosierita
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i caught part of that! i think they mentioned time magazine & ny post?? i'm pretty sure it was time magazine for sure..... doubt they will actually cover that in an article tho. Rolling Eyes
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo...I think it was a Newsweek Reporter referenced, no name...
rosierita
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes how convienent!
Sandra C.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he eats at that plate of bitterness for a very long time, and learns to understand that this is simply a tiny payback for the treatment he so callously dumped onto Vets years ago!

He's had a very charmed life, hasn't he? It's AMAZING what he's never been made to answer to!

Never having to answer about his Naval discharge....
Never having to answer about his Paris visits with the enemy....
Never having to answer about marching under an enemy flag....
Never having to answer about desecrating an American flag....
Never having to answer about shredding POW/MIA documents....
Never having to answer about Christmas in Cambodia....
Never having to answer about embellished combat reports....
Never having to answer about calling every Vietnam Vet a war criminal (but he didn't mean the Swifties, of course, as he said on the telephone)....
Never having to answer about slandering every single Vietnam Vet....
Never having to answer about changing his naval records....
Never having to answer about the dreadful treatment returning vets received from DECEIVED Americans....
Never having to answer to Col. Bud Day's remark in one of the last Swift Vet ads: "How can we expect our Armed Forces to obey a President who called their fathers and grandfathers murderers and war criminals?"....

What have I missed? So much, but the mind has wandered into the world of joy of thinking about President Bush DEFEATING this empty suit who tried to claim our nation's Oval Office....

Our work about the traitor remains unfinished, but yet it is nice to devote some time to RELISH the huge victory the American people gave America!
rosierita
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/33358.htm

found this! Very Happy

i hope our work is not finished w/ the senator! i want to see him brought to justice!
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Father like daughter I guess...

Quote:
Following the speech, the frustration of Kerry's daughters, who teared up during the concession after tirelessly stumping for their father, exploded backstage in a diatribe full of F-words.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has to account not only for Vietnam now but for allowing his campaign to take an anti-war stance that's aided our present enemy and led to the deaths of more of our soldiers and Iraqi citizens then would have happened if we'd kept a united front.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Post article was great!

Quote:
"It sort of slid away slowly over the course of the evening and then the morning," said a visibly upset Bob Shrum, Kerry's senior adviser.

When do the Dems realize that using Shrum, McAuliffe, Carville, Begala and Lockheart, combined with a highly flawed, insufficiently vetted candidate is a formula for defeat?

Quote:
Following the speech, the frustration of Kerry's daughters, who teared up during the concession after tirelessly stumping for their father, exploded backstage in a diatribe full of F-words.

Now there are a pair of classy women, huh? And Jenna catches hell for sticking her tongue out at reporters!
Quote:

He still has four more years left in his current Senate term — and aides are not surprised that he's eager to get back to work.

He was never too anxious for the past 20 years, particularly the last two. Why now?
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERTE IT IS!....

From the NY Daily News.

Quote:

"It's a pack of f---ing lies, what they're saying about me," he shouted at an adviser as a group of Swift boat veterans stepped up attacks on his Vietnam War record while his team refused to let him respond.

Quote:
"Why the f--- didn't he take it?" he wondered when Republican Sen. John McCain refused to be his running mate a half-dozen times.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/story/249395p-213582c.html
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/33358.htm
Quote:
He still has four more years left in his current Senate term — and aides are not surprised that he's eager to get back to work.

He'd better be building himself a revetment and calling for air cover Twisted Evil
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, I would think the great debater would have a greater command of the english language. Or perhaps, at least, a wider variety of words to use when expressing his feelings. How sophomoric.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a good time to continue writing letters to the media to try to get them to run the facts now. After all it won't damage Kerry now that the election is over. It would be good to set the record straight for all those out there that still might believe that these stories were lies.

I was watching commentary last night with the young Ronald Reagan and he said that all the Swift Boat stuff was a bunch of lies and the only problem was that Kerry did not respond soon enough. What a joke, huh. So many of the Koolaid drinkers just don't get it. This would have gone away in a heartbeat if these stories were lies. They just don't want to spend the time to do the research.

Some will be hopeless, but I still think the history needs to reflect that America has been living with a lie about Vietnam for the past 30 years. We need to set the record straight.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised that Kerry is bitter. He and Edwards seem to be the type. It is an enormous blow to their egos. Kerry has had delusions that he would be the next "JFK" since he was very young. WE burst his bubble. I do think that we need to remain wary because wounded animals have a tendency to strike out.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYPost wrote:

PFFFTTTT!!! Get to work!?! He hasn't done anything for 20 years in the Senate, and he's anxious to "get back to work"???? What a joke!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: