SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Kerry could step into role as party's top voice"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deight
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: "Kerry could step into role as party's top voice" Reply with quote

Article from today's Boston Globe home page.

Kerry could be party's top voice
note: URL converted to hypertext

By Glen Johnson, Globe Staff | November 5, 2004

WASHINGTON -- The last time a Massachusetts senator won the White House, his Republican opponent, Richard M. Nixon, went home to California in 1960, regrouped, and came back and won the presidency himself in 1968.

But more often than not, a failed presidential candidate never gets another opportunity to run for the White House.

In one sense, that leaves John F. Kerry, fresh off his loss in the 2004 campaign, facing the grim prospect of returning to the place from which he began: his seat as the junior senator from Massachusetts. At the same time, some senior Democrats see a rare opportunity for Kerry if he is willing to grasp it.

With the defeat of Tom Daschle as Senate minority leader and further Republican gains in the House of Representatives, Kerry retains his status as titular head of the Democratic Party. He is more recognizable nationally than Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, who is expected to replace Daschle.... [cut]
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, that means that he would have to show up for work Very Happy
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That also would mean that he'd be back in the spotlight with the campaign fresh in everyone's memory. He got out just in time before the bad discharge and Vietnamese Communist leash was exposed. Having just narrowly escaped exposure, I doubt he will want to put his head up out of his silken bunker any time soon. My guess is he will keep his mouth shut and his ass covered until 2008, when he will come unglued in public frustration on behalf of Billary, as bug-eyed and bearded Gore did in 2004.

BTW, ain't is amazing how Kerry's MSM secritariat did not wait two days to start up the left-wing cheerleading again.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for more of this type of "in your face" pap from the Globe et al. To acknowledge John Kerry's now exposed blatant dishonesty and treachery would be to admit their OWN complicity in this preposterous and monstrous fraud. The Globe is "Unfit For Publication".
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For whatever it's worth (and it's not much), there are some very interesting parallels here between Chirac and France, and Kerry and this notion of a Kerry/Massachesetts-led liberal nation.

Both camps are yearning for what they perceive as former glory days when they were actually relevant.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think for a minute that Kerry will become the spokesman for the democrats.

The Clinton's have stacked the DNC with their people. The MSM still loves and supports both Clintons. All of the democrat talking heads on the various networks support the Clinton's.

We might as well accept the fact that it will be Hilary in '08.

Last edited by ranch hand on Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ranch hand wrote:
I don't think for a minute that Kerry will become the spokesman for the democrats.

The Clinton's have stacked the DNC with their people. The MSM still loves and supports both Clintons. All of the democrat talking heads on the various networks support the Clinton's.

We might as well accept the fact that is will be Hilary in '08.

ranch hand, I disagree - at least in part. I think his party may well feel that having Kerry as their "lightning rod" to attract attention may well be a good tactic. It would keep the spotlight - and the glare - off of the other potential candidates for a while.

As for Hillary in 2008 - maybe. But she has to manage reelection in 2006 first. Maybe Rudy Giulani will have a change of heart by then and decide that "Senator from New York" sounds nearly as good as "Mayor of New York."
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesson from history -

What Kerry can't accomplish ligitmately, through ordinary political means - he will do in an underground fashion.

You can bet your bottom dollar that liberal mechanisms are already in motion to sabotage U.S. success in Iraq. The next four years will be characterized by heavy anti-war protests and every effort to intensify the demoralization of the war on terror - and, Kerry and Kennedy will be the grand architects behind it.

My guess is that Kerry will seek a deeper role with United Nations - like his protoget Adlai Stevenson, Jr. - the great liberal internationalist - using the tactics of Allard Lowenstein - another hero of his. Kerry will probably create a "Dump Bush" movement.

The difference between the Nixon era and this time around - we will have our watchdog media and conservative talk shows reporting and exposing their every move - so, the liberal left will need to focus on discrediting these agencies as well - there will probably be a rash of scandals.

Yuppers, the next four years is going to be quite something - better dig in deep!
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Cooper wrote:

Quote:
What Kerry can't accomplish ligitmately, through ordinary political means - he will do in an underground fashion.

You can bet your bottom dollar that liberal mechanisms are already in motion to sabotage U.S. success in Iraq. The next four years will be characterized by heavy anti-war protests and every effort to intensify the demoralization of the war on terror - and, Kerry and Kennedy will be the grand architects behind it.

Keep an clear eye peeled for a Watergate style attack on Bush, and a VVAW style attack on the troops and the war in Iraq.
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Quote:
Look for more of this type of "in your face" pap from the Globe et al. To acknowledge John Kerry's now exposed blatant dishonesty and treachery would be to admit their OWN complicity in this preposterous and monstrous fraud. The Globe is "Unfit For Publication".

There were other discussion threads here weeks - maybe months - back, when it dawned on all of us that part of the one-voice support for Kerry from the media was based not only on Leftist ideology, but on self-interest. The media was compicit in supporting the anti-war efforts in the 60's and 70's, and could not now contradict that stance without sinking their own credibility. Their own credibility was also at stake because they were either totally incompetent in not vetting Kerry's biography lies, or totally biased for ideological reasons. Not only Kerry, but the media, was put on trial by the Swiftees and POWs, for both their past sins and their present day bias and/or incompetnce.
CaptnJack
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<" Keep an clear eye peeled for a Watergate style attack on Bush, and a VVAW style attack on the troops and the war in Iraq.">> better yet finish the job and make him irrelevant for ever.
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ranch hand wrote:
Quote:
We might as well accept the fact that is will be Hilary in '08.

The talking heads are kidding with each other about '08 being the start of Bill's third term. Actually, it will be the start of Hillary's third term. She is not an affable co-dependent glad-hander with a libido problem.

Her thesis in college that has been supressed will become our Kerry discharge in '08. We better get it unearthed ASAP. I understand it reads like Hyper Marx (not Harpo Marx).

Last edited by d19thdoc on Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that it would be GREAT if JF'ngK were to win leadership of the Demo's in the Senate.

Wait, wait, wait, my intentions are good, I swear!

The last thing we want is for him to fade; the higher his profile is, the easier it will be for us to hit hard, and have the necessary coverage of the event!
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptnJack" wrote:
Quote:
". . . better yet finish the job and make him irrelevant for ever."

What I've learned here is that Kerry is not the problem, he is just today's (and yesterday's) most visible symptom. Making him irrelevant will not end the problem America has within. But it would send a powerful message - "You can lose, but you cannot hide!"
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKLady wrote:
However, that means that he would have to show up for work Very Happy

Exactly the thought I had when I saw the title of this thread....

maybe he should be the spokesman and then we will have some blessed silence for a few years...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: