SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry earns my respect
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfcski
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: John Kerry earns my respect Reply with quote

I am one of the most anti-Kerry people on earth. I have served in the military for 17 years I find John Kerry's past and present performances deplorable. Never before had a seen a campaign run without one fiber of decency or honor. Calling the President of the United States a liar and presenting treasonous forged documents to the media made me wonder how a man with no moral clarity could even have a shot at the presidency?

So how can I say Senator Kerry earned my respect? For the first time in his life he did what was right for our country! On November 3rd he conceded to President Bush and he saved the country the stress and uncertainty of a drawn out legal process. In his eyes I saw sincerity and also a deep understanding of the situation. Senator Kerry will never be presidential, however, for one moment he displayed courage. For one moment I saw a soldier.

SFC SKI
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So how can I say Senator Kerry earned my respect? For the first time in his life he did what was right for our country! On November 3rd he conceded to President Bush and he saved the country the stress and uncertainty of a drawn out legal process. In his eyes I saw sincerity and also a deep understanding of the situation. Senator Kerry will never be presidential, however, for one moment he displayed courage. For one moment I saw a soldier.

He did it because he had no choice. His people assessed the situation and here was no way possible he could have won it even with any legal process and under the circumstances it would have only drawn ire from both sides because it would be futile and frivolous. He did it for no other reason than that. He still gets no respect from me.

af11905752
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Kerry's concession speech Kerry said:
Quote:
But in an American election, there are no losers, because whether or not our candidates are successful, the next morning we all wake up as Americans. That is the greatest privilege and the most remarkable good fortune that can come to us on Earth.

With that gift also comes obligation. We are required now to work together for the good of our country. In the days ahead, we must find common cause. We must join in common effort, without remorse or recrimination, without anger or rancor. America is in need of unity and longing for a larger measure of compassion. I hope President Bush will advance those values in the coming years. I pledge to do my part to try to bridge the partisan divide. I know this is a difficult time for my supporters, but I ask them, all of you, to join me in doing that. Now, more than ever, with our soldiers in harm's way, we must stand together and succeed in Iraq and win the war on terror.

Time will tell if he does what he says.

He also said:
Quote:
I will also do everything in my power to ensure that my party, a proud Democratic Party, stands true to our best hopes and ideals. I believe that what we started in this campaign will not end here.

Kerry's concession speech

Wounded Warrior Project

Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For one moment I saw a soldier.

Sorry I have to disagree. What I saw was a man feeling sorry for himself. If Kerry thought he could win he would have trashed the country trying.

Nalt
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly do not think Kerry thought of this himself. I believe Kerry had someone in the Democratic party close by to tell him when to concede. The Dems nominated Kerry knowing full well that he would not be elected. The Dems do not want Hillary going up against an incumbent in 2008.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He conceded because the people had spoken in larger numbers than we have ever seen before and his managers told him to "get over it - we lost."

He wouldn't do ANYTHING for "the good of the country" if it weren't first and foremost "good for John Kerry."

His whole life has proven that.

The DNC is still trying to narrow the gap in Ohio - how's that for re-uniting the country? Rolling Eyes

He said right in his acceptance speech that he appreciated this band of brothers, who had told the truth back then and were still telling it today.

Oh, yah - real healing. That little stack of Kerry loyalists up against nearly 300 founders of the group.

Ted Hurley and his foaming-at-the-mouth "liar, liar, liar" mantra. The Kerry BoB who backed the UFC version of events until the Kerry Kampf put them behind a protective wall of handlers and told them not to speak to anyone, again.

Sorry, I cannot see anything generous or gracious or honorable in this man.

He's stuck in the 70's, still mouthing the same anti-military, anti-war, anti-American platitudes that created such collective angst in our culture.

He doesn't even realize that he is responsible for so much of that, much less that he has anything to apologize for, or that he hurt so many people.

I will never admire anything about him.

I am new to who he is, but knowing now... I will NEVER FORGET.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is not a man to speak the Truth, he is a man who will say what he believes the people want to hear. He had no choice but to Concede, there was no chance of a "Florida Recall" and the powers that be in the DNC knew this. If they had he would have been as vicious as he had been since his days in the VVAW.
Kerry is a "Chameleon", always willling to say anything to blend in.
sfcski
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Gore Reply with quote

Did the opposite. Kerry though a (Deleted By Admin) could have been a (Deleted By Admin) . I am happy and proud Bush won. I guess my point is...Kerry's one moment of honor was not his campaign, but instead, his concession.
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concede the point if instead of honor you say relative honor.

Nalt
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope! so sorry GI you wrong! Kerry has NO HONOR, NO COURAGE, NO REDEEMING FEATURES WHATSOEVER...best to just let this topic die a quiet death....everyone's entitled to their opinion, and lord knows, I'll fiercely defend your right to express yours, but I will NEVER EVER agree with it, with respect to Kerry.
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Ordie_rat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Flash - Ahhhhhhhhnuld calls Dems "LOSERS" Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
He conceded because the people had spoken in larger numbers than we have ever seen before and his managers told him to "get over it - we lost."

He wouldn't do ANYTHING for "the good of the country" if it weren't first and foremost "good for John Kerry."

His whole life has proven that.

The DNC is still trying to narrow the gap in Ohio - how's that for re-uniting the country? Rolling Eyes

He said right in his acceptance speech that he appreciated this band of brothers, who had told the truth back then and were still telling it today.

Oh, yah - real healing. That little stack of Kerry loyalists up against nearly 300 founders of the group.

Ted Hurley and his foaming-at-the-mouth "liar, liar, liar" mantra. The Kerry BoB who backed the UFC version of events until the Kerry Kampf put them behind a protective wall of handlers and told them not to speak to anyone, again.

Sorry, I cannot see anything generous or gracious or honorable in this man.

He's stuck in the 70's, still mouthing the same anti-military, anti-war, anti-American platitudes that created such collective angst in our culture.

He doesn't even realize that he is responsible for so much of that, much less that he has anything to apologize for, or that he hurt so many people.

I will never admire anything about him.

I am new to who he is, but knowing now... I will NEVER FORGET.

While you are new to knowing about who Kerry is, there is one maxim which holds true - "A leopard cannot change his spots." Kerry was a traitor to his shipmates, and to his country. He did it for the sake of political gain. The poetic justice here is that his bid for the Presidency was an abject failure, and as such is so befitting to a traitor.

The rest of the democratic party I don't hold out much hope for either.

[edited by Admin: Never forget, the Democrat Party gave us people like Zell Miller and John O'Neill. It's Liberals and Progressives controlling their party that need dealt with, not the honest hearted ones struggling to wrest control of their party back]

The liberals are saying the Republicans lost the election. How's that for surrealism?! I guess what Ann Coulter said about Liberals is true. The defining of Liberals she states is - "One set of rules for them, and a completely different set of rules for everyone else."

I am a staunch conservative and find anything foisted on the American populace, that is un-constitutional, morally repugnant. I still hold to my oath of 20 years service to this country. "To protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same."

And in closing I would just like to say that my salute goes to Latch and all Swifties, POWs, and Vets who answered the call to duty again for the country, against Kerry and the forces of Darkness.

"The mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately, by the grace of God." - Thomas Jefferson
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started into this election an Independent voter, but after watching the Democratic party and the mainstream media lie, cheat and invent documents, call honest, heroic American veterans liars, spin the Iraq war as a "quagmire", and do everything under the sun in a smear campaign against President Bush, who I have always felt is a decent and honest man, I have to say that they will never get my vote for a presidential candidate again. Never. I see now why their party is in decline. Zell Miller is right on the mark in his comments, but it falls on deaf ears. Too bad.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one reason and one reason only John Kerry conceded when he did:

1. He lost and the American people spoke loudly -

Even with the help of the MSM the American people are smarter than the average News "reporter" gives us credit. Luckily for us we were able to have honorable vets come forward and show us the real "John Kerry".

I will admit I was shocked when John Kerry conceded. I did not expect him to concede and I do not think the media did either. When he did not win the popular vote - he had no argument. The DNC could not accuse President Bush of "stealing" this election....the American people came out in bigger numbers than ever and voted for President Bush and against John Kerry.

The early release of the "exit polls" we have to wonder how these came about? Was this, yet another, attempt by the MSM to suppress the vote? In my opinion, YES. It was typical media fashion to swing this election for John Kerry and they were working with the Kerry campaign all along...with the CBS rathergate; to the ABC memo; and NBC rerunning Kerry's interview and deleting his remarks just go to show how hard the 3 networks were working to get Kerry elected.

We spoke as a nation on 11-2-04 - The America that I love and served is still here. She will stand proudly and we will stand by our President in the time of war. She may be a bit battered but she is still red and if you look to see how red she is it truly makes your heart swell. In light of the liberals of this world they are NOT the "average american". The average American still believes in the conservative issues.

May God Bless America!
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...saw a deep understanding of the situation..."

He's still the same smooth talker and the same lying traitor. And that's the truth.
/CS
ablemonk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Congratulations on saving our country. Reply with quote

Regarding John Kerry--I was shocked that such a man with his history of traitorous behavior would dare to try to be president of this country. It was beyond belief. That anyone would vote for this traitor is even more shocking. I lost a lot of confidence in my fellow man who voted for him. Surely no combat veteran could vote for this treacherous liar.
I feel the SwiftVets saved ths country from a catastrophe by advising people of the kind of person John Kerry is.
You have my undying gratitude for what you did in Vietnam and what you have done now. It required a lot of strength and dedication.

Division Psychiatrist, 7th Infantry Division, Korea 1971-72.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: