SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just off drudge....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Just off drudge.... Reply with quote

Quote:
Ignorance and bloodlust have a long tradition in the United States, especially in the red states.

oFF slate, ya gotta love this stuff:
http://slate.msn.com/id/2109218/
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel surfing a.m. radio this morning and heard study of the red states proved they had lower IQ test scores. Guess I'm stoooopid. Twisted Evil
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Just off drudge.... Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack wrote:
Quote:
Ignorance and bloodlust have a long tradition in the United States, especially in the red states.

Why would Drudge choose to promote this crap?!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The msm putting this crap out just proves how STUPID they are. And if I am stupid because I live in a RED state, then I say thank God that I am in GOOD company!!!!! Laughing
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure why people listen to Drudge or feed off his website. I feel that he does a lot of harm. I think he is just like O'Reilly.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it all depends on how you look at it. Personally, I think he's merely exposing the riduluousness of the progressive liberal left. Nobody but a deranged lunatic can take that kind of diatribe seriously, can they?
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
Channel surfing a.m. radio this morning and heard study of the red states proved they had lower IQ test scores. Guess I'm stoooopid. Twisted Evil

Stupid? Maybe. But...

definitely in charge! Very Happy
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:

Put a few questions about pickemup trucks, shotguns, and hay balers on the SAT, and see how smart them city folk are (GRIN).
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lived in the sticks most of my life...grand parents didn't get electricity until I was in my teens...(I'm 34) and I've qualified for MENSA membership several times over...

the problem with most academics is that they've got no damn common sense and they're too damn arrogant to realize / admit the depths of their ignorance...

One of my favorite past times these days is butchering supposedly educated medical students and newly minted doctors, when they make negative comments about nurses and EMTs... the old docs have been humbled too many times and don't mouth off as much as the overeducated/underexperienced young ones...kind of like junior officers and senior NCO's, the smart kids LISTEN to the E-6+ !

I can't STAND mouthy ba*stards! I usually just ignore 'em...they're pretty damn useless when it comes down to actually producing anything of value...

I recently let my left wing liberal degenerate chemistry professor embarrass himself... he took an informal poll on class time, and then called me stupid for being an "anti-Kerry redneck"...

after I dressed him down in front of the whole class for talking politics when he should have been talking talking chemistry, I pointed out that I not only had the highest average in his class, but that I had a PERFECT 100% average, something, according to him, no student had ever done before... (not bad for a stupid red-neck), and that I would be talking to his boss 1st thing in the morning... he received a written reprimand, and I received an "A"...

screw the intellectual elite...they are trained to RECITE, not to THINK!

most of 'em are parroting monkeys who are too damn dumb to pour piss out of a boot with instructions printed on the heel...
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush read almost the entire article on his show this afternoon. I
think Drudge is just helping to expose what the liberal elites think
of us in the red states. You would think that the outcome of this
election (not just for POTUS, but also for the Senate and HOR) would
make them take a hard look at themselves and their party. Instead,
this woman writes an article calling us "ignorant and unteachable".
That just illustrates how ignorant and unteachable THEY are.
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, you guys feeling misunderestimated?
Don't sweat it...in fact, just like "Campaign Carl" Rove says,
"consider it a GIFT." Wink

Mission Accomplished!!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>I recently let my left wing liberal degenerate chemistry professor embarrass himself... he took an informal poll on class time, and then called me stupid for being an "anti-Kerry redneck"...

after I dressed him down in front of the whole class for talking politics when he should have been talking talking chemistry, I pointed out that I not only had the highest average in his class, but that I had a PERFECT 100% average, something, according to him, no student had ever done before... (not bad for a stupid red-neck), and that I would be talking to his boss 1st thing in the morning... he received a written reprimand, and I received an "A"... <<

I would have loved to witness that. Way to go.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
I'm not quite sure why people listen to Drudge or feed off his website. I feel that he does a lot of harm. I think he is just like O'Reilly.

That's a good comparison - unfortunately he has "first mover" status on the internet...and conservatives made him and are having a hard time saying "goodbye."

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
Ellis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Just off drudge.... Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack wrote:
Quote:

That poses a testable hypothesis. I will wager that illiteracy and violent crime are much higher in the blue counties than the red counties.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, melodrama and hysterics are certainly more plentiful in blue states than red states.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: