SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A TEXAN SPEAKS OUT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: A TEXAN SPEAKS OUT Reply with quote

GOP on the Move... A Texan Speaks Out

The Network Media Loses to Bush - America Wins!
By Debbie Daniel
November 5, 2004

Thanksgiving came early this year. I'm ready for a big turkey dinner . . . a feast . . . a celebration! Americans prayed and God answered . . . just like He always does.

This 2004 election was a referendum on the decency and morals of the American people. Christianity was being tested and there was a point where we had to let go and let God take control.

When we did, only then could He truly bless us. And I feel blessed today.

I experienced this first hand on Election Day when I realized there was not a single thing I could do to ward off the misinformation we were getting from the network media exit polls.

They were absolutely manifesting situations that weren't happening, in hopes that we would buy into their propaganda and it would possibly make a difference in the outcome of the election.

I am absolutely convinced this is the case, but I couldn't prove it. The exit polls were so far-fetched that I couldn't imagine what was going on. The media was determined to bring down the President and we could do nothing.

The frustration and helplessness I felt had just about consumed me with anger when I heard a still small voice speaking to me from a place deep in my heart saying, "Let go of it, Debbie . . . this is now in God's hands. There's nothing you can do."

Have we not seen a miracle? We watched the network media "lose" to George Bush. It was as great a victory as the final countdown against Mr. Kerry. The look on their faces was a treasure to behold.

Unless I'm terribly mistaken, this will have a much more far-lasting effect than anyone can imagine. The network media's efforts were short of criminal in trying to sway public opinion with total untruths. I hope in the days ahead they will pay a heavy price for what was done.

In spite of every effort imaginable to exact a "coup d'etat" on the President, the network media could not pull it off. They once again "underestimated" George W. Bush, and they certainly misjudged the American people. They cannot understand the "love and admiration" the people have for this President.

And the media certainly gave no credence to the "prayer warriors" of this great land. When people started praying . . . God listened . . . and He answered. That gave us a tremendous edge in this election, and you can't discount the power of prayer.

I can still hear MSNBC's Chris Matthews - in total shock - saying: "That 'values thing' is where Democrats have a real problem."

That's quite a comment! "Values thing?" They don't have a clue . . . what a revelation from a party who wants to represent all the people.

Well, there are over 57.4 million people who you don't know very well. So, for those who think the President needs to reach out and bring this country together, he's been reaching, but he's not going to compromise his morals, and he shouldn't be expected to.

We want George Bush to be George Bush. That's who we voted for . . . the man as he is. If we had wanted a President to be all things to all people, we would have voted for the other guy.

When I heard people clamoring that "this fight has just begun," after it was announced that Mr. Bush won, and others declared that Bush should not be so arrogant as to believe he has a mandate just because he had more votes than any other presidential candidate in history, I became concerned once again.

The Democrats need to get their act together and do some reaching out on their own. It wouldn't hurt for us all to take some initiative in this effort to "get along and unite." You can't shake a hand that won't shake yours.

The Democrats got their clocks cleaned and maybe it's time to make a new start. We're not becoming divided . . . what you see is a nation moving in the direction of high morals and wanting to live with the traditional values it has come to love and what has made it so great.

There's no longer a dominance of liberal thinking . . . the pendulum is swinging the other way. It's not so much a division as it is determination to do what's right.

The silent majority in this country made the difference. Trust me; they are the ones holding on to what matters in their lives. It's not Hollywood's virtues; it's not Michael Moore's ideology, and it's certainly not money, money, money.

We have families who are concerned about the minds and hearts of their children. They voted for their future and that's what made the difference.

The heartland bled for Bush and the numbers show it. Power to the people . . . they've spoken again. Is the network media listening?
------------
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN SISTER!!

The enemy has revealed itself in it's rush to promote their candidate. The MSM so blatantly exposed it's true nature, that I believe it turned off a major proportion of the electorate to Kerry and the liberals.

Too bad for them that there is no going back. It is all on record, and the blogs, and FreeRepublics and the rest of the alternative media, the REAL media, is ready and waiting to pounce on each and every transgression.

Look how fast the pajama warriors discovered the horrible, insulting names that were appended to images of the President and his wife on the Netscape/CNN.com news website (see MichelleMalkin.com for links and discussion). The perpetrator, or scapegoat, lost his job, but we can rest assured that this is not the end of the bias.

I won't rest until Dan "Forger" Rather, Halperin, Jennings, Couric, the NYTimes, the WaPo etc., etc., etc., at least admit their bias publicly as Rush and Hannity do. The NYTimes will have to go a long way to prove it is any more trustworthy than the National Enquirer, and clearly, most bloggers have more credibility than the likes of Rather and Halperin.

The President won't and doesn't have to take their crap anymore, and neither do we!

Let's get 'em!! Twisted Evil
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we work hard and pray harder, we can take our nation back. I can just imagine crisss mathuss ar michal moore etc reading that and wondering "are these people insane". No we are not, but we have sat back to long and it is time to not be ashamed of who we are. It is time to put the shame where it belongs, on the so called "progressive" movement put forward by Ronnie reagen jr, moore, sharpton etc.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is funny in a ... God works in mysterious ways --- funny to read this post. After the "reporting for duty" nonsense I was distressed and prayed to God all the way to work the next morning (I have an hour commute) --- during that hour I was overwhelmed with a great sense of calm that God would use all thinks for good, but it was my duty to work for that good. I was overcome with a great sense of peace --- and resolve to get busy --- and I did. All during the campaign whenever I would get down I would pray and that same feeling of peace -- but get busy was always the answer.

On Tuesday I was part of the volunteer legal team deployed to Ohio. I was out of media contact until late in the day when I heard about the exit polls. As I had free time for the remainder of the day I prayed --- again the same sense of peace ---on Wednesday some fellow lawyers (yes believe it there are some Christian lawyers) all said the same thing --- the initial sense of distress, followed by prayer, followed by the answer of incredible sense of peace.

All I can say is thank God, thank God for the Swift Vets who answered this same call to get busy --- they were fighting for the truth --- fighting for the honor of their fellow soldiers --- God honors the righteous man ---

God thank you for your many blessings upon all of us who still seek God's blessing upon America. Please help each of us to continue to be good servants.
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The liberal elites have been preaching win-win so long, that they have forgotten that when you lose, you don't get the prize.....

"To the victor goes the spoils"

Sorry, it can suck to lose, but when you lose, you lose....

Winners can be gracious to losers, but they don't give in to them...
The world is often a win/lose place.... Its not "Romper Room" --- its the school of hard knocks....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: