SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TO ALL MEMBERS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: TO ALL MEMBERS Reply with quote

THREE CHEERS FOR THE BOARD ADMINISTRATORS AND MODERATORS WHO HAVE HAD TO GO THROUGH COUNTLESS POSTS (125,000) AND SCRUTINIZE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM SO OUR MISSION HERE WASN'T JEOPARDIZED AND CRITICIZED BY THE MSM AND THE LURKING TROLLS.
I FOR ONE HAVE BEEN YELLED AT A FEW TIMES IN THE BEGINNING AS I'M SURE ALOT OF YOU WERE, WANTING TO VENT AT TIMES AND ALL.
SO THIS IS A THANK YOU NOTE FROM ME FOR KEEPING IT ON TRACK.
EDDIE

ps please don't yell at me for the caps
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody here gets yelled at for all caps.

My father typed in all caps. It was easier for him to type with his big hammy fingers and easier for him to see.

"You look like you're shouting at people, Dad," I'd say.

"You're making yourself look like a newbie," I'd say.

But, still, everything he typed, he typed in all caps. It was a running joke with us.

Now, when I see an all caps post or email come through, I just smile and think of my Dad - especially since my own eyes ain't what they used to be. Wink

You're welcome and it's been a pleasure working with such a great bunch of members - I'm sure that some of us are going to go on, together to work in some areas, while others go to work, elsewhere.

There's a lot of work left to be done - we aren't going to re-write the history of the Vietnam war and its mark on our culture in a few years, but maybe our children and grandchildren will see the fully ripened fruits of what has begun, here.

And now... off to the Geedunk - you knew that was coming though, hm? Wink

Thanks, again!
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too tired to yell. Wink

And...too happy for words. Very Happy

Thanks for the comments.

Now, behave! Wink
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I feel all the posters here are very cooperative and even when we had to ask most of you to tone it down or suggest another approach, things went smooth.

Of all the boards I've ever posted at, this one has been the most cooperative.

So, I return the thank you to the posters for helping make our job a little easier and for letting us know whenever you saw a troll in the wire.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 successive posts from 3 different admin's.

An announcement from the Director of Communcations on the big board.

Is this the beginning of the end? Where's Kimmymac when we need her?
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1991932 wrote:

It can't end "just like that," can it? But our leadership will let us know which direction they'd like to go. I, for one, trust their judgment!

Kudos to all who've put in tireless hours, countless late nights, amazingly resilient effort toward the cause of truth and right. For some, like John O'Neill - this has been a 33 year fight...wow, I admire him so much and you all, Swifties and POWs...you have re-educated me and opened my eyes to so much from the past. So thank you, thanks everyone for enlightening me, us and Amercia on Vietnam - we really do need to be re-told the story of that war...communism's murderous tyranny has wrought many millions of victims...one of the grossest things to do would be to gloss that over and to cavort with such a diabolical enemy - this is what the Kerrorist did. Thank God he's not our president.

Let us know if we can help you to combat him in Massachusetts...

Let freedom and truth ring!

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the beginning of the end? Not a bit! It is merely the end, of the beginning.

There is so much still to do. Whatever happens, and where ever the road leads, I hope everyone vows to NEVER EVER EVER allow our men and women in uniform to be slandered and libeled the way the kerrorist and his ilk did to the Viet vets. The seeds those slimemeisters planted has produced a new crop of hatriots. Michael Moore and his slack-jawed slackers, the ignorant infants at moveon.orgy; these people MUST be faced down in the streets of the good ol' U.S. of A.

Or they will do to our newest brave soldiers what was done before. And THAT! is unacceptable.
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1991932 wrote:

I hope this isn't "the end". We want Kerry to be exposed for what he did, and punished if possible! He shouldn't be in the Senate! Thank God he won't be in the White House! I hope we keep up the pressure to get the facts out about his discharge and his envolvemnet with the Viet Cong. Please, and let me know if I can do anything to help.
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at what Navy Chief said here:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16816

CD
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies reporting for duty!

It is a wonderful world and I am so proud to have been able to serve with this group.

Most of all, thanks to the Swiftees. For the first time in my life I felt as if my voice had a place to be heard. The donations I was able to make made a difference in the outcome and I feel so good about it.

Thank you again for giving me a forum and for giving me a chance to participate in a mission that made a difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: