SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEVER AGAIN! a new focus?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: NEVER AGAIN! a new focus? Reply with quote

I offer the following for comment and discussion. If there's anything worth considering here, maybe we can use this as a starting point to defining directions for moving forward.

In the days since Kerry’s defeat, I’ve sensed members of this forum thrashing and flailing in seeking a common purpose with which to unite for a new forward-looking objective. In all the postings I see a common frustration with all the elements that made Kerry’s campaign a near-success: Kerry, and his record; the complicity of the liberals and MSM in backing a tainted Presidential candidate; the re-emergence of the anti-war, anti-American ********; etc.

I think our frustration in deciding on what to do now is largely caused by the original, very limited “charter” of the Swiftboat Vets. Now that Kerry has been thwarted from assuming the office of CinC, what do we do now? What is our objective and purpose? I think that to move forward effectively we need to expand that original limited charter to something that we can all unite behind, one that has a more relevant focus now that Kerry has been defeated in his bid for President, and one that will enlarge the group’s purpose and goals to maybe what the original charter should have been in the first place: NEVER AGAIN! Our soldiers, sailors and airmen shall never again be maligned for performing duty and service to their country!

If we could enunciate that all-encompassing goal and objective, and get behind it, we could simultaneously:

a. Reunite, and expand, under a new, more relevant purpose (i.e., move forward)
b. Ensure that any future Presidential candidate will have a solid, and public, history of supporting our troops
c. Bridge the generation and branch-of-service gap
d. Serve as a rallying point or group for all veterans
e. Provide a research and activist group to counter the propaganda of the anti-war, anti-American liberals/progressives, and their information organs, the Old Media
f. By incorporating the word “again” in the objective, remind people of the travesty inflicted on veterans of the Vietnam era (and subtlety invite the history books to be re-written).

and probably more…

As a by-product, the group would necessarily need to expose and bring to accountability those leaders of the opposition who oppose our noble purpose. There could be no finer example to our liberal/progressive opposition than to eventually (and the sooner the better) expose the titular and symbolic leader of the opposition of the past, namely one John Forbes Kerry. But Scott Camil, and others of his ilk (past, present, and future), and the Michael Moores of the world, would also be in our sights.

Should this group, with this purpose, still be called the Swiftboat Veterans and POWs for Truth? As a Vietnam War veteran but one who never served in swiftboats or even stepped foot in Vietnam I certainly had no problem with whole-heartedly rallying behind the Swiftboat cause, and would have no trouble with continuing to identify with that name. The SwiftBoat Vets themselves should be consulted as to whether they and their names would want to continue to be associated with a new, expanded purpose. I do think there is something commendable to keeping the name the same, if for no other reason than to honor those who started this new political group and activism. But if it is the consensus to change the name, then I can think of nothing better at the moment than simply “NEVER AGAIN!” (sort of says it all, doesn’t it?)
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
...something commendable to keeping the name...

I'd vote to keep the name but expand the mission. This name already is recognized by every non-brain-dead American and it should become synonymous with truth, integrity, courage, honor and patriotism. The name Swift Vets and POWs for Truth also should become an information conduit to be feared by any charlatan, criminal or liar who runs for public office. Because many still believe this group lied, that needs to be disproved along with complete exposition of Silky Pony's high crimes and misdemeanors.

As an alternative, the name Swiftee could be adopted to include POWs, MIAs, Special Forces, Green Berets, SEALS, etc.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The founders have not met to decide what, if anything, they want to do, next.

Personally, I am here at their disposal, until such time as they decide that my time and energy is no longer required. At that point, I will move on and find a place to pursue a full accounting from Traitor John and to work on a couple of other projects which have taken my interest since I began investigating "this John Kerry guy" back in February.

In the meantime, the internet is wide open. Anyone is free to set up a web site and speak their mind about any topic under the sun.

Let us know where you're set up, so that we can add it to our resources forum.

Nobody needs a permission slip to go and work on whatever interests them. We encourage you to make your voice heard - make your story available on the web, continue to write to newspapers, call your Congressmen/women, etc. This is what grassroots is all about.

If you want to start a new discussion group and don't have web space on which to host a bulletin board, I'd recommend www.yahoogroups.com over msngroups for ease of use and user requirements.

Anybody can do this. Six years ago, a few people met via email to establish a group with a common interest and we're now the busiest and biggest mailing list on the topic that you can find on the web.

Good luck and keep on plugging! Every voice is needed - every willing pair of hands is needed.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can go with whatever name is acceptable but definitely the mission has to be enlarged to cover all of the aspects that you have named above and the sooner the better. members are already not stopping by here as they were doing.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants to start another Forum to pursue AK's suggestions here are two other alternatives besides Yahoo Groups and they are both free of charge.

BRAVENET

http://www.bravenet.com/webtools/forum/index.php

PROBOARDS

www.proboards.com

If you do let me know and I'll join.
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker..great idea.
However we organize, re-organize I will be in.
For now, I am content to wait to see what the SwiftVets founders decide to do. But even if that title is retired, a future organization should have as one of its goals total destruction of the continuing propaganda that SwiftVets lied, at ANY time Exclamation
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no intention of starting a competing site (this is entirely too good, and too fired-up a group to dilute the effort). As N3 said, the Founders haven't decided yet what they intend to do (sure wish they would decide soon, though). If they do decide that they've been in the forefront of the fight long enough, then my suggestions were meant to provide some food-for-thought for existing members in keeping that old gang together and focused - nothing more.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Anker-Klanker. Dismantling of this energetic body would be an enormous mistake. Starting a new effort could do no better than dilute what's already begun. I'm too old to tackle all the political bad guys and corruption if government, but I'm up to the task of seeing justice for Silky Pony. IMO, this body needs to complete its mission even if the current executives move into less demanding board positions and appoint new executives.
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at the ready. I agree we need to get to the root of the problem, or combination, that let JF sKerry get as far as he did. I also understand the the founders here may not wish to pursue anything else, as their original mission has indeed been accomplished. I'll keep checking to see which way we can go from here. Thanks.
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally will spend my MONEY my TIME and my ENERGY to do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to not LET JOHN KERRY return to a "normal life" ..

His discusting and utter comtempt for the Honor and dignity of the swiftboats warriors should NEVER be forgotten.

John O'Neill is one of the greatest americans of the 21st century. The nation owes this man. Let's never forget that.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone has abandoned the site - the Swifties have been traveling all around the country speaking at rallys and on radio etc.

They've put their lives on hold for this. Give the poor guys (and wives and famiies) a chance to rest and recoup. I've even managed in the past few nights to get to bed by 2 a.m ! No more staying up til 4 or 5 working on email list or emails themselves. or trying to catch up on all the posts here.... I've managed to read a few other articles out there and do some file maintenance on articles I've saved from this site and others. maybe I'm just slow, but it takes a lot of time. but I don't have kids at home anymore, while others do, plus spouses.
I've still found numerous articles posted here to respond to - pointing out the lies are not on the Swiftie side and giving them the prompt to do the reaearch before they speak/ write. Also, the talking heads, we need to keep up on them. They are really at it on the shows!!!! Lots of comments about the Swifties. Email them. We need to keep that background stuff going. If they think the Swifties have disappeared, at least they will know there are people out here in the country who don't buy their lies (the MSM's). I don't usually even mention the Swifties except to state that they aren't the liars. Keep a close watch on Kerry. Check his senate site. See what he is doing - and what is up for him to vote on, and how he votes. also, Harkin - watch him - he is knee deep in lies also.
I think we should keep up with the emails to the talkingheads when they lie about the Swifties or Vietnam - let's not let them have a free pass again! That all should keep us busy for awhile - also, spend time with your kids, spouse (in anticipation of a time when you might again be tied to your ocmputer) and clean house - boy, do I need to do that! Embarassed
and my car, and yard work.... don't think I've done anything that wasnt' absolutely necessary to keep me and the dogs alive for the past 2 1/2 months!
If no one is already doing it, maybe someone could check the internet each day for new articles etc that mention the SBVTs/POW's ???
I hope this helps some of you.... don't go away - we're not done with Kerry ! He still holds a public office that affects us and our freedom.

Another thng to do, is maybe if there is someone out there from each state, those with extra time now who want to work on this stuff could check on their own state senators and reps background in voting - see how they vote on defense etc - we might find a pattern in others that is suspicious. I don't think Kerry is alone in his mission.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think the question is WHETHER but WHEN. It's not over, and we're not the only ones who know that. Full exoneration for John comes first--force the truth into the sun; then we're ready to pursue all the other goals that flow from that exoneration.
WilliamShipley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Kerry will not be president (sounds good, doesn't it?) it's an amazing victory that the Swift Vets had a major hand in. They can all stand down with satisfaction in a job well done.

But, is the job done? Certainly the job they had in mind when they started has been completed with great success, but the name was not Swift Vets for the defeat of Kerry, it was Swift Vets for Truth. Perhaps that was just the name selected and has no significance. Or perhaps Truth really is the goal.

Has Truth been achieved? I think not. In most media accounts the name is still given as "discredited Swift Boats for Truth". The case remains to be made. Many things were discovered in the late days of the campaign. It's important that they be disseminated and that the truth about Kerry be known. He cannot go on as a war hero. Perhaps, if the case can be made solidly enough about his treating with Viet Nam, he can't go on as a US Senator.

But there is a bigger truth. That is the decades long slander of the Vietnam Vets still goes on. After the election, I had an email exchange with a Kerry supporter who had served in Germany in the Vietnam War era. He felt that Kerry's comments were just free speach, but admitted that he had been attacked as a "baby killer" in a bar when he returned. The eye-opening realization for me is the degree to which this legacy is the direct result of John Kerry's efforts. The fact that this image was a deliberately implanted false memory for our nation is perhaps the most important truth of all.

So, what Truth are the Vets going to seek: That John Kerry is unfit to be commander in Chief, that John Kerry is a lier and unfit to be Senator, or that the "army of Gengis Khan" is the greatest lie of them all?

The first is accomplished. You can stop there, or go on. For the next few weeks, there is a window of opportunity as the media and the nation analyze the recent election
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

williamShipley
"Or perhaps Truth really is the goal."

Couldn't agree more. It ain't over 'til it's over.
/CD
Richard Christiansen
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know that the main goal of the Swift Boat Vets was to set straight the historical record of John Kerry, something the main stream media should have done. So we see the larger problem as being the MSM rather than John Kerry. What about an effort called "Media Truth Check" or some such thing. We hear stuff every day with skewed economic figures, false environmental scares, and the like. How about people reporting and investigating the facts, figures, and scientific basis of stories reported erroneously all the time? We all know the news is skewed in terms of what is reported, not reported, and how things are reported. In a market economy, there is a shortage of accuracy in the media, so there is a huge unrealized demand waiting to be satisfied for all Americans interested in knowing whether the news they are receiving is accurate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: