SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Egypt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoNaYet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Egypt Reply with quote

I am considering accepting a job that requires occaisonal travel to Egypt; for a couple of weeks at a time.

I am a bit anxious at the thought of travel to the mid east; do any of you have current experience and can discuss the risks?

NoNaYet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advice:::::Go at your own risk! No Middle Eastern country is safe for an American.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck Doll....even Los Angeles isn't safe :LOL:
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not do it unless I were working directly for the U S Embassy or some other Govt entity with very sophisticated security.

However if you of darker skin and of Muslim heritage it might be no problem at all? I would advise against wearing big jeweled crucifixes.

I was just doing my morning reading here before I clicked over here to SBVT, check this out:
http://www.islamonline.net/English/index.shtml

If I were to be in a position of risk by religious whack jobs I would make sure I was able to at least make a effort to argue for my life on the basis of Islam’s basic tenants.

Among Ghandis closest confidants was a Pashtun, Abdul Ghaffar Khan. There is a heritage in Islam of not cutting everybody's head's off....

http://www.afghanan.net/biographies/bachakhan.htm

For my money this World War which we are curently fighting begain with the assasination of Sadat and the Beirut bombings.

Whatever you do be carefull and god bless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: