SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IMPORTANT!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: IMPORTANT! Reply with quote

This is a question of utmost importance.

How long do olives (spanish, pimento stuffed) keep in an opened, refrigerated, jar? Is white stuff floating on the top a bad sign, do you think?

If I were going to immerse them in gin I wouldn't ask, as the antibacterial effects of gin are well-documented, but I am actually thinking about eating them straight.
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Kimmy! Your Brain Is Immune! Tummy May Not Be!! Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Even cheese won't help!
Submit it to science without trial/study! Wink
Lawd....I miss your posts.
Map
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white stuff floating is hardened olive oil. Just eat em. If they're bad you'll only puke once. Mr. Green
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, okay, thanks Tizzy. The idea of only puking once is very comforting.

MaryAnn: How could you miss my posts? Shocked I like, never fricken shut up. Wouldn't I need to shut up and stop posting to be missed?

I am writing a script for Sam the Hun. And I am forming a foundation. If you want to get in on the ground floor of this once-in-a-lifetime (until the next time) opportunity, you can join over in the IQ thread at Epilogue.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimme,
I say down the olives, think of it as a root-beer float? Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT! Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
This is a question of utmost importance.

How long do olives (spanish, pimento stuffed) keep in an opened, refrigerated, jar? Is white stuff floating on the top a bad sign, do you think?

If I were going to immerse them in gin I wouldn't ask, as the antibacterial effects of gin are well-documented, but I am actually thinking about eating them straight.

Well I'd say you are growing penicillin...in laymens terms.....MOLD. Yuck...you might get a stomach ache if you eat them straight up, so toss them out and buy a new jar! Unless of course, you have some gin around!!! Laughing

Also, olives are good for six months once opened. If the lid is not put back tightly enough then they last only about two months to three months tops.
Hope this helps you! Smile
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your olives look like a Chia-pet, will you still need a flu shot? Shocked
.::geo::.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
The white stuff floating is hardened olive oil. Just eat em. If they're bad you'll only puke once. Mr. Green

Dude!!! I'm trying to eat a sandwich here!!! Laughing

e,

Georgi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.::geo::. wrote:
Inatizzy wrote:

e,

Georgi

Sorry man, no offense. By all means, finish your sandwich.

<[muttering to self]freakin selfish bugger didn't even offer me a bite. what's his name again...[muttering to self/]
(jot jot)

A guy can't even get an olive around her. Where's that gin???
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
Inatizzy wrote:

e,

Georgi

<[muttering to self]freakin selfish bugger didn't even offer me a bite. what's his name again...[muttering to self/]
(jot jot)

~LMAO~ I'm a girl. Laughing

You are more than welcome to my sandwich... now if I can just squish it through the monitor...

Gin.. Shocked The last time I had gin.. let's just say it took a long time to live down THOSE photos Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ::geo:: wrt gin and evidence.

First thing you do before any get together of any of your rowdier friends is confiscate all cameras.

I learned this the hard way. Wink
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
LOL ::geo:: wrt gin and evidence.

First thing you do before any get together of any of your rowdier friends is confiscate all cameras.

I learned this the hard way. Wink

Yes. Yes.

My tattoos aren't a secret anymore Laughing
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
Inatizzy wrote:

e,

Georgi

(jot jot)

~LMAO~ I'm a girl. Laughing

You are more than welcome to my sandwich... now if I can just squish it through the monitor...

Gin.. Shocked The last time I had gin.. let's just say it took a long time to live down THOSE photos Embarassed

Oops, sorry ma'am. That's OK. I wouldn't wanna take a lady's sandwich. Besides it does make a mess trying to thread it through the monitor and I'll get mayo all over my keyboard. But thanks for offering.....

<what's her name now....jot jot....nice lady>

BTW, ANY booze and photographic equipment don't mix. Rule of thumb.....and forefinger. Write it down. Kimmymac will tell ya. It ain't a pretty sight those pics. Fodder for being duped and ending up on every redneck webpage in America.

.....and remember...gin will sneak up on ya. One minute you're fine, BOOM, the next minute you're sitting on the bar stool wondering where the hell the floor went. Wink
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:

Oops, sorry ma'am. That's OK. I wouldn't wanna take a lady's sandwich. Besides it does make a mess trying to thread it through the monitor and I'll get mayo all over my keyboard. But thanks for offering.....

<what's her name now....jot jot....nice lady>

BTW, ANY booze and photographic equipment don't mix. Rule of thumb.....and forefinger. Write it down. Kimmymac will tell ya. It ain't a pretty sight those pics. Fodder for being duped and ending up on every redneck webpage in America.

.....and remember...gin will sneak up on ya. One minute you're fine, BOOM, the next minute you're sitting on the bar stool wondering where the hell the floor went. Wink

All of my personalities thank you Laughing

I've had more than enough of... well.. ALL of those moments. ~does a google search for redneck photos~ Nope, I'm not there yet!

I've actually turned into a tequilla girl. The only downfall to that is after a few shots I think I can sing... Embarassed

At least I think I sound okay. Shocked
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what is worse, geo? After a few shots I think you can sing, too!

Do you know what a guy said to us at our last girls night out? "Ladies shouldn't drink shots."

My freind said, "Thanks so much for the heads up. If we see any ladies we will be sure to tell them."

He looked real scared, and sort of scampered off. HA! Real men shouldn't scamper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: