SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rove Credits Swiftvets with 'Energizing' Bush Vote

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stupson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Rove Credits Swiftvets with 'Energizing' Bush Vote Reply with quote

Sunday, Nov. 7, 2004 1:09 p.m. EST NEWSMAX

Rove Credits Swiftvets with 'Energizing' Bush Vote

Bush Cheney reelection architect Karl Rove gave credit on Sunday to the Swiftboat Veterans and POWs for Truth for exposing John Kerry's anti-war past and energizing Republican voters to turnout at the polls.

Asked what role anti-Kerry ads sponsored by the Swiftvets played in Bush's reelection victory, Rove told "Fox News Sunday": "They were made important by the fact that Sen. Kerry, at his convention, really talked . . . only about Vietnam."

The top White House advisor explained: "I was amazed by the people that I met around the country who were energized by that issue being discussed . . . I was really amazed by how strongly men and women who had served in Vietnam and in the Armed Forces felt about that."

Rove recalled that his uncle had done several tours of duty in Vietnam. "I've never been able to think of Col. Verhi as somebody who would have 'raped and pillaged in a manner reminiscent of Genghis Khan'," a reference to Kerry's 1971 Senate testimony where he accused Vietnam veterans of committing widespread atrocities.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate Topic posted in "Epilogue"

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16925

Please post any comments in the ongoing topic.

Thanks
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: