SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Now?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: What Now? Reply with quote

Greets,

Bush has been re-electeed! (Good News) What happens now to sKerry, are we (being a Viet Nam vet), going to let it drop or will the pressure remain on him (If I missed a thread dealing with this, sorry).

I still would like him apolgize to us. But after some research he seems to be snuggly warm with the Church Bill (amnesty during Carters presidentsy) wrapped around him.

He has nothing to loose at this point to apologize to us publically, I think his politcal career is in the toilet anyway. Will he try running again? or was this loss just a door opener to allow Hillary to run in '08 against a lame duck President.

Just some points to ponder.....

/0

Maj
garb1015
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that the members of this forum have any intention of dropping the issue of John Kerry. As one member stated, "...we're just catching our breath". And rightfully so after the long, hard battle that they have fought.
An apology? Not interested.
What will happen to Kerry now? Well, since he refused to give up his seat in the Senate during his campaign, he will more than likely go back and try to salvage some of his career. I am not sure when he is up for reelection but will the state of Massachusetts continue to carry a Senator who has no moral values, lacks integrity and should have been brought up on charges? Wait a minute, don't they already have one of those?
ghiapaul
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropping the issue of John Kerry would not be a very good move. I read in the paper this morning that the democrats see him as a spokesman in the coming years. They say he will not fade away or resign his senate seat like some other presidential losers, because that is not how he is. The article said that because so many voted for him, he has the ears of a lot of people and therefore he will be able to put forth their views the next few years. Got to keep up the pressure on him.
1966 - 1969
garb1015
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can say that all they want. I think the truth is that more people voted against George Bush than voted for John Kerry. It was the biased media and extreme liberal support that made this shallow man seem almost real.
But since the Republican campaign did not make issues of his military claims and especially his anti-war activities, a lot of people do not know the truth about him.
I agree with you that the fight against John Kerry cannot be dropped until he is banned from ever holding political office and has been made to answer for all the harm he caused thirty three years ago.
RogueEngineer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mainly watched the Swift Vets from the sidelines during the election, but I sincerely hope they keep the search for truth moving forward. I really dislike Bush, but I gladly voted for him to help stop Kerry.

I served aboard the USS Duluth in 69 and after volunteering to serve in country, served mostly in Cam Rahn Bay and Da Nang in 70-71. There was nothing special about my service, but I was proud that I had stepped up and done my job when my country needed me.

Then the day I got home I was greeted by Kerry's band of brothers in Sea-Tac airport screaming "butcher" and "baby killer". Later when people found out I had served in Viet Nam they tended to close off and back up like I was a homicidal maniac with a hair trigger. I've spent the last 30 years never telling anyone about my service.

The open wounds I carry were received after I got home. The war will end for me the day they bury me. But with Swift Vets we finally have the opportunity to hold John Kerry and his kind accountable. I hold them personally responsible for the treatment far too many of us received when we got home.

Keep up the good work and fight the good fight. There are still a lot of them out there.
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogueEngineer wrote:

The war will end for me the day they bury me.

Welcome home, brother. We'll keep after him.
OLD_SALT
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What Now? Reply with quote

Allowing the subject of Kerry’s dishonorable actions to drop would be a mistake. The DNC has already wrongfully accused the Vietnam Veterans movement (this organization and others) as being a part of the Republican (re-elect Bush campaign) party. We must continue to pursue the truth about Kerry, and prove that this isn’t political, it’s personal.

USN
Vietnam Veteran
N-SAR, 1967
gator60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: With draw Reply with quote

I think i am in with draw. I turn on the tv and no Kerry. Maby Hillery will have him for her VP. That means i need to buy a new dart board for Hillery. (Life is good)
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogueEngineer wrote:
I've spent the last 30 years never telling anyone about my service.

That, my friend, is the reason many of us will not rest until Kerry is drummed out of the Senate in discrace.

You have personally suffered for 30 years because of his lies and lust for power.

It hurts me also, for I have been so proud of my service for all these years...just itching for someone to give me grief... Twisted Evil

to see another vet hiding his service and suffering in silence.

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
gocars
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garb 1015 wrote:
Quote:
An apology? Not interested.

I totally agree with you. I'm not interested in hearing any drivel that might come out of Kerry's disengenuous mouth. He is still an insult to all veterans who have proudly and willingly served their country. I will continue to support all efforts to have Kerry banished from any public office.

gocars
101st Airborne
'Nam 67-70
U.S. Army Rangers Lead the Way!
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue,

I feel your pain. I on the other hand, for 30 years, when asked about my service I told them I was a "Grunt Marine", "Whats that?" they'd ask. I'd calmy look them straight in the eye and say "I killed people for my Country, it was my job." That would end any further questions or conversation. It also may be why I don't have any friends. LOL

RogueEngineer wrote:
I've spent the last 30 years never telling anyone about my service.

Hold your head up, my fellow warrior, you amongst brothers here.

/0

-Maj
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greets,

After reading my reply to brother Rogue to my wife of 30 years. She said that no matter what they call you then and now you answered your country's call, and that in it self is something to take great pride in. No matter what they say or don't say it really doesn't change who you really are a, Citizen of the United states, answering the call. It does not change who you really are, a Patriot.

/0

-Maj
RogueEngineer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to thank everyone for their comments, but I think I should set the record straight. While I haven't been vocal over the past 30 years, neither have I suffered in silence.

I'm in business and ocasionaly get in to deals with the clowns that think they saved America by protesting the war. I patiently either wait for or create an opportunity to crush them in a business deal. Their arrogance makes them easy targets. I normally lose money in these deals, but not always and not nearly as much as they do. Which is the main reason it is so easy to set them up--they aren't accustomed to dealing with men who have larger issues than next quarters bottom line.

They opened up a wound 30 years ago and I use it to feed the fire in my belly. So my war continues as I sit in my nest and pick off my enemy one by one.

Donald Trump is wrong, it's not just business, it's personal.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garb1015 wrote:
They can say that all they want. I think the truth is that more people voted against George Bush than voted for John Kerry. It was the biased media and extreme liberal support that made this shallow man seem almost real....

I firmly believe that with the leadership of the SwiftVets successfully bringing out the facts of his Communist leanings, more voted 'Against Kerry' than many of us may ever imagine or the left will ever admit! hence the 'dropout' vote 'news', etc. All spin machines are on 'HIGH' at this point!

but we agree on ALL your major arguments, of course.
just had to clarify that one!
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogueEngineer wrote:
Donald Trump is wrong, it's not just business, it's personal.

LOL

/0

-Maj

Grunt Marine - Vietnam 1969-70
Honorable Discharge 1975
"Death Before Dishonor"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: