SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should we return and watch Bill O'Reilly?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Should we return and watch Bill O'Reilly? Reply with quote

I find him utterly offensive and at his core an elitest who longs to be accepted by the MSM? But will others , forgive his backstabbing the swiftvets in the back and his blatent Kerry bias?

Has he turned his back (my feeling) on his core audience in the quest for acceptance by liberals?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who people watch and for what reasons is a matter of private concern. We all have that freedom to choose who we wish to watch without interference from someone else.
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Who people watch and for what reasons is a matter of private concern. We all have that freedom to choose who we wish to watch without interference from someone else.

Point taken, but I just curious if BOR will pay a price for his abuse of the swifties.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Peter, if you want to take a poll, I'm not going too. I stopped watching him a bit before he gave the Swift Vets the brown helmet. I sensed he was taking an antiwar stance about Iraq.
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Yes. We should still watch for now. Reply with quote

We need to put personals aside for the sake of the mission.

Some of the most effective news/commentary can be found on Fox.

Let's don't "cut off our nose to spite our face".
The time will come when we can make our statement re: BOR.
For now we need the input.

Besides, when I send him this article (like below) and a seperate
post on this site, he may pay attention.

Besides, everyone loves a "winner". Just watch him suck up.

Please read the following;
http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewSpecialReports.asp?Page=\\SpecialReports\\archive\\200410\\SPE20041004a.html

Again, thank you.
Mary Ann Parker
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Fox Was On Board Before Anyone Else - Brit Hume's Comment Reply with quote

Here is another reason we should.
Mary Ann Parker

FOX News Channel managing editor and chief Washington correspondent Brit Hume was among those who touted the group's impact following the election.

In September, however, Hume expressed dismay to Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz about the lack of media attention paid to the group and explained why FOX News' Special Report with Brit Hume had devoted so much time to the group's false allegations against Kerry:

"We thought it was a totally legitimate story and found it an appalling lapse by many of our competitive news organizations that were treating that story like it was cancerous."
Doc Jerry K
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Fox News Reply with quote

Fox News is still, by far, one of the best allies we have in the media. In general, they did a good job getting the Swiftee's message out.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I will continue to watch Fox News. As far as BOR I have no reason to. Not only because of his coverage of the Swifties but because of his News Blackout of his own personal scandal. No a defence of Dan Rather but Bill O'Riely sure did not black that one out. No SPin Zone only When the Spin is not about Me.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit Hume also brought up the point that the only time Kerry was asked about Xmas Eve in Cambodia was from an anchor on a comedy show.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR totaly lost any credibility with me when he towed the MSM Lie about the Swift Vets being a bunch of liars.
I had often not agreed with him on a number of issues, but this put me over the top as far as ignoring him altogether.
Brit Hume, he fought hard on behalf of the Truth and tried extremely hard to get that Truth out there.
Fox News overall will remain my "News Channel" of choice, just won't be watching it while O'Reilly is on.
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger Ailes is the head of Fox News. I worked with him, not directly, on many many campaigns. His commericals are brilliant. I'm sure you have seen them and not known they were Roger's. He was Reagan's debate coach after the first disaster debate. He is a dedicated Republican. He is the one behind the Nixon 60 Minute interview that showed Nixon in a different way, a good way. He was also Bush 41's consultant too. Roger was so sick of media bias that he wanted to make sure that Fox was fair and balanced and a place where Conservatives could go and get away from the MSM and CNN. Bill isn't that bad, but I must admit I was getting pretty annoyed with him during this campaign and one of the issues was the Swift Vets. He is sooooo full of himself right now that he comes off as a ego maniac. This law suit will hopefully bring him down a couple of notches.

Look at Fox and what you have. Fox and Friends, Sean Hannity, Brit Hume and many many many more. If you don't support these guys, then who will support us? Roger has been called the Repubican pit-bull and deserves our support. Look how Hannity supported the Swifties cause. You didn't find that on any other major news network
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll watch Fox for just about every show EXCEPT BOR.

He is a dog and just about he has some good colleagues doesn't mean he gets my support by assoication.

What he did to the swifties and his love for Kerry is just too much.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:

So true. Wink
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I have a tendency to lump O'Reiley with the likes of Pat Buchanan. They're both cut from basically the same mold. They're both pugnacious Irish American media personalities with tremendous egos and a childish need to always have the last word in any matter. What would anyone expect?
I don't give either of them much credibility in matters of import so their ideas and attitudes don't much matter to me. Let them carry on as they will, they can be entertaining if you don't take them seriously,which you shouldn't. Wink

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure if we all got together, we'd find that we don't believe 100% with each other either, but we continue to read what each other has to say and then make our own decisions. If we did agree with each other 100%, we'd earn the title of Kool-aid drinkers.

In truth, he is probably more effective if he disagrees with our side occassionally. Independents will probably listen to him more than Rush.

As long as I believe that BOR helps the conservative side more than he helps the liberal side, then I will continue to watch him until the ego gets distracting, then I exercise my right to "Click".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: