SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I don't get it..........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doug
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: I don't get it.......... Reply with quote

Maybe someone can help me here... Now I know I maybe a little bias because I was spit on at Kennedy airport on my way home or because I've spent a few years around VA hospitals but how can anyone support and call John Kerry a war hero that admitted committing war crimes..
I wonder how many Kerry supporters protested our involvement in Vietnam or spit on soldiers coming home..

Kerry is a phony (PX hero)....Taking a camera into combat tells it all...

Doug
3rd herd
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, Doug, an awful lot of people have put an awful lot of energy into proving that you don't exist.

That it was a myth that Vietnam veterans were spat on or called names.

That nobody ever poured paint or other liquids onto the decks of ships as they came home under the Golden Gate bridge.

These same people are stuck in the 70's - still holding on to that myth. Still clinging to their idols of the day. Still clinging on to their ideas of the time.

And to the ignorant or uninformed, someone who "fought in Vietnam" and has five decorations appears impressive.

All of that is just part of the uphill battle that these Swifties are trying to fight.
Doug
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You are right most want to forget Vietnam..... These Swifties do have an up hill battle....
The thing I would like to see them do is focus on what he did and said after his service...
Most people don't understand what effect Kerry had on what people thought about us because of what he told the Senate...
I would not say anything about the guys in my team come hell or high water.. In my band of bothers we fought for each other, you called my rto a baby killer you called me a baby killer...
You call anyone in my team a name you had the rest of the team to answer to.....

Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: