SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Madonna calls for US troops to leave Iraq
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Madonna calls for US troops to leave Iraq Reply with quote

That's it, it's been a pretty good run in Iraq. We've made progress, but unfortunately for the Iraqi people, we're going to have to withdraw. If they don't like it, they can take it up with our foreign-policy expert Madonna.

Quote:

Madonna calls for US troops to leave Iraq

LONDON (AFP) - US pop star Madonna made a rare foray into politics, calling for her home country to withdraw its troops from Iraq during an interview with British radio.

"I just don't want American troops to be in Iraq, period," she said on BBC Radio.

"My feelings are 'can we just all get out?'," said the 46-year-old star, who lives mainly in London with British film director husband Guy Ritchie, who said she believes the US-led war will not help in the fight against terrorism.

"Global terror is everywhere. Global terror is down the street, around the block," she said.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Global terror is in California. There's global terror everywhere and it's absurd to think you can get it by going to one country and dropping tons of bombs on innocent people."

Madonna's best known belief is her adherence to the Kabbalah, a faith based on the study of Hebrew texts which has become increasingly popular in recent years, notably among music and film stars.

On other subjects, the singer said the recent US presidential election had illustrated how US society was "becoming very divided".

"People are becoming very polarized," she said. "We have people who don't want to think, and who just want to guard what is theirs, and they're selfish and limited in their thinking and they're very fearful in their choices."

Madonna said that her personal choice for the presidency would have been Wesley Clark, the former four star general who was well beaten to the Democratic nomination by John Kerry.

"I thought very carefully about it. I thought Wesley Clark had the best leadership qualities," she said.

"If he had the same political experience as Kerry he could have bridged that gap."

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there's the hubris of the left in a nutshell.... "If you don't think the way we do, then you don't think, period."

They usually manage to back up this assertion with wild claims and strawman arguments, just as Ms. Airhead has done, here.

Shut up and sing.

Er... scratch that.

You're not sounding so good, even when you're singing, lately. Wink
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hellfire, we better start packing our bags. The queen has spoken. Rolling Eyes
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She not a queen, she is a whoxe. I know you were joking calling the whoxe a queen. Ha, Ha, Ha

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh! Well at least some people thought that Joan Baez could sing in her prime, which is more than we can say for Madonna. Notice, too, that Madonna's outlet for sounding her esteemed opinion was the BBC. Wonder who approached who?
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did she do the interview in that phoney British accent she has affected? Is she still running all over London wrapped in tartan? Stupid sl*t. If I catch her in my clan tartan I am going to. ..uh...speak to her nicely about posing as something she is not. Evil or Very Mad

She rented out a castle in Scotland for her dog-and-pony "wedding" to that dope she married. Rented castles for made for TV weddings. Hey Madonna, getting married in someone else's castle hardly makes you a princess. Good Lord, they are the dictionary definition of noveau riche. A relative of mine says that they were beyond obnoxious, and the people in the village started a petition drive to force America to take them back from the UK. I said, "Hey, not so fast..."

Maybe the rest of her ilk will now join her. I am sure she can put them up on her sofa.

AND: The BBC! BAH! The BBC is what CBS wants to be like when it grows up.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of staff at Al Jazeera used to work a BBC. Madonna is a washed up has been.
Doc Jerry K
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Madonna and her ilk (Babs, Moore, Robbins, Asner, etc.) keep talking for the next four years. It will ensure the candidates they support will never get elected.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Madonna look at the Iraqi people who were tortured and many raped and beaten, people with family members tortured and killed and tell them, "oh, well".

She is a moron and a has been and can't even sing...what, because she has money and fame we should listen to her and all the hollywood liberals.....brrrrrrrr....they make my skin crawl.
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'd like to see Madonna look at the Iraqi people who were tortured and many raped and beaten, people with family members tortured and killed and tell them, 'oh, well'."

Way to bring it home doll. They'll never get it.
/CD
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: madonna Reply with quote

That's ESTHER with drooping tassels. Embarassed She should stick with french kissing "Brit" ney Spears.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh, sucker a bunch of kids into buying enough records to make them hits and you become a Foreign Policy Expert. Poor little rich girl has all the answers Rolling Eyes

Maybe she got enlightened while she was with Dennis Rodman Wink Or, was it with Sean Penn, since he went there first? Shocked
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: madonna Reply with quote

bk_mo wrote:
That's ESTHER with drooping tassels. Embarassed She should stick with french kissing "Brit" ney Spears.

Yeah, that's all the French really were good for, wasn't it? Now we'll just call it freedom kissing and freedom fries.... Laughing

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Sheesh, sucker a bunch of kids into buying enough records to make them hits and you become a Foreign Policy Expert. Poor little rich girl has all the answers Rolling Eyes

Maybe she got enlightened while she was with Dennis Rodman Wink Or, was it with Sean Penn, since he went there first? Shocked

Madonna - like a virgin, thinking (about foreign policy) for the very first time...(and not well, I might add!) Rolling Eyes

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH.......MY.......GOD!!! YEAH!
The Mooreons are dabbling in Kabballah.......That explains it!
They don't keep Kosher, they don't observe the Sabbath, they don't Pray
they don't even believe in GOD

And yet....

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey are dabbling in KABBALLAH

That's like giving a two year old a live hand grenade to play with Mad

No wonder their minds are so f***ed up Razz Razz Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: