SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DEMS Try to Undo Election - Keith Olbermann

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: DEMS Try to Undo Election - Keith Olbermann Reply with quote

• November 9, 2004 | 3:30 p.m. ET

Naked Promotional Announcement (Keith Olbermann)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6210240

SECAUCUS -- A quick and haplessly generic answer now to the 6,000 emails and the hundreds of phone calls.

Firstly, thank you.

Secondly, we will indeed be resuming our coverage of the voting irregularities in Ohio and Florida -- and elsewhere -- on this evening's edition of Countdown {8:00 p.m. ET}. The two scheduled guests are Jonathan Turley, an excellent professor of law at George Washington University, and MSNBC analyst and Congressional Quarterly senior columnist Craig Crawford.

For Jonathan, the questions are obvious: the process and implications of voting reviews, especially after a candidate has conceded, even after a President has been re-elected. For Craig, the questions are equally obvious: did John Kerry's concession indeed neuter mainstream media attention to the questions about voting and especially electronic voting, and what is the political state of play on the investigations and the protests.

Phase Two, in which Doris gets her oats...

Keep them coming. Email me at KOlbermann@msnbc.com
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it up Dems. Usually when you're at the bottom of a hole, you STOP DIGGING. Kinda like the bible says "A dog returns to its vomit". THey just can't let this go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
Keep it up Dems. Usually when you're at the bottom of a hole, you STOP DIGGING. Kinda like the bible says "A dog returns to its vomit". THey just can't let this go.

And pardon me, but I hope they choke on their vomit.
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dems were able to generate alot of votes/sympathy by having the 2000 election being viewed as 'stolen', 'illegitimate', etc...

Without the "anyone but Bush" vote they would have lost very badly...

So, if they can paint the whole republican party as "vote stealers", etc.... they think they can get votes in 2006 & 2008....

I think everyone is SO TIRED of this election that this will only grate on nerves..... but they may think they can't win on issues, so they'll win some other way.....
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enough, ABC News addressed Olbermann's "concerns" in their final segment on tonight's broadcast. It seems to me they blew both he and his tinfoil hat crowd out of the water. Whoulda thunk Peter Jennings at al might take THAT position Wink

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed it - what'd Peter Jennings say?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go EJ...

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=239735&page=1

and a sample...

Quote:
Ohio Conspiracy Theories

In the battleground state of Ohio, where conspiracy theories abound, a Web site for Cuyahoga County, Ohio, seemed to show more votes than voters in some precincts.

The county's Web site was confusing — it lumped several precincts' absentee ballots together and then counted them several times, for each precinct. But those were glitches in vote-reporting — not vote-counting. The "phantom" voters who mysteriously appeared and voted for Bush in the county — which voted overwhelmingly for Kerry — did not exist other than in the imagination of Democrats upset about Kerry's loss.

This afternoon, the Web site that first raised the questions about the Cuyahoga votes took it all back. "OK," wrote the Webmeister at "Americas for America," "finally had a chance to figure this out. I apologize for any anxiety that went along with these numbers. It seems that data is useless without knowing how counties arrived at the numbers and this was a particularly tricky process."

<snip>

Clearly for many people, however, results are not enough. When Mark Twain remarked that a lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth can put on his shoes, it's astounding to think he was speaking decades before the invention of the Internet.

...and, I might add, Keith Olbermann.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Interestingly enough, ABC News addressed Olbermann's "concerns" in their final segment on tonight's broadcast. It seems to me they blew both he and his tinfoil hat crowd out of the water. Whoulda thunk Peter Jennings at al might take THAT position Wink

Can the OM be redeemed as it dies? Isn't that what FOX is about? (we know they're far from perfect but a far cry from the other alphabet soups...) Smile

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched Keith Olbermann repeatedly over the campaign, which is kind of like alcoholism (repeating the same mistakes over and over again, expecting a different result).

He is a Jon Stewart Wannabe who is not cool - like the high school nerd who can't tell a joke but keeps on trying anyway - and his journalistic credibility flounders between the viewer thinking he may be serious, and the viewer fearing that Olbermann thinks he's serious.

Bottom line, MSNBC has the ratings of a broken-cable elevator for a reason. Sooner or later, Bill Gates or someone with clout will turn it on one night by mistake, and decide to pull the plug forever.

Then Oberman can fulfill his destiny and start looking for a job selling male enhancement devices on post midnight infomercials.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: