SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Boat Veterans For Truth's Rising Tide (W.Dispatch)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Swift Boat Veterans For Truth's Rising Tide (W.Dispatch) Reply with quote

This weekend brought a rising tide for the 527 anti-Kerry group “Swiftboat Veterans For Truth” and they had little to do with it. The world of blogs began investigating John Kerry and came up with a very interesting look at John Kerry's Christmas in 1968. That's fair, the Kerry camp has presented a glowing picture of his Viet Nam service, the SwiftVets have challenged that.

The interest in the group’s charges against John Kerry should increase this week. They will be challenged and examined by pundits and journalists. And that’s how it should be. Their blistering ad that first appeared last week calls John Kerry a lair in no uncertain terms and will be followed by a sure to be best-seller titled “Unfit for Command.” They should be examined as should their charges.

But so should John Kerry.

The Kerry examination began over the weekend, not by the old media, but by the Internet world of blogs. Over the weekend many have dug up a particularly interesting tidbit on exactly where John Kerry spent his Christmas in 1968.

Was he ordered illegally into Cambodia? Kerry says he was.

Did he go accidentally into Cambodia? Kerry says he did.

Did he spend his Christmas only “close to the Cambodian border?" Kerry says he did.

From the AP’s John Diamond in 1992...

Navy Lt. John Kerry knew he had no business steering his Mekong River patrol boat across the border into Cambodia, but orders were orders.

From the Boston Globe’s Michael Kranish... (hey where have I heard that name before?)

To top it off, Kerry said, he had gone several miles inside Cambodia, which theoretically was off limits, prompting Kerry to send a sarcastic message to his superiors that he was writing from the Navy's "most inland" unit.

From historian David Brinkley in "Tour of Duty”…

In this biography released this year Kerry replaced the story with a report about a mortar attack that occurred on Christmas Eve 1968 “near the Cambodian border” in a town called Sa Dec.

From The Senate Congressional Record March 27, 1986...

Mr. President, I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the President of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia. I have that memory which is seared-seared-in me, that says to me, before we send another generation into harm's way we have a responsibility in the U.S. Senate to go the last step, to make the best effort possible in order to avoid that kind of conflict.

Liberal pundits are telling anyone who will listen that the SwiftVets are liars, except the ones who are on John Kerry’s bandwagon and with him on the campaign trail. They are the truth tellers. It’s hard to tell who’s lying here, but without question someone is. John Kerry’s definitely lying either about being ordered into Cambodia, or traveling several miles within Cambodia, or not at all.

They can't all be true. But it’s hard to tell as he has so many stories on record one of them has to be the truth, and the others have to be lies.

This begs the question who are you going to believe, John Kerry or John Kerry?

http://www.washingtondispatch.com/page2/archives/000474.html
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an excellent piece! Thanks for sharing.
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonder when the liberal media will start "investigating"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: