SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CNN's Brown Iraq Purple Heart Crack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: CNN's Brown Iraq Purple Heart Crack Reply with quote

Quote:
CNN's Brown Snidely Hints Purple Hearts
in Iraq Will Be Suspect

Aaron Brown's snide shot of the day. Upon pointing out a photo in Stars and Stripes of some soldiers in Iraq who had earned Purple Hearts, during his Wednesday night "Morning Papers" segment on CNN's NewsNight, Brown sarcastically remarked: "Some day, one of them will run for President and someone will say they didn't earn the Purple Heart. Welcome to America."

Brown began his November 10 look at the Thursday newspapers, a segment in which he holds up big veloxes of front pages:
"Okay, time to do morning papers. I've been on an airplane today. I have no voice left. What is it about airplanes that does that? I don't know. Stars and Stripes starts it off: 'U.S. Troops Control Most of Fallujah,' the headline. 'U.S. Officials Believe Most Insurgents Have Fled the City.' Look at this picture here, if you can. 'Troops' Bravery Honored in Iraq.' These are all Purple Heart winners. Some day, one of them will run for President and someone will say they didn't earn the Purple Heart. Welcome to America."

The photo Brown showcased was of a row of soldiers. For the story with the picture: www.estripes.com

The caption: "Nine soldiers from the 1st Infantry Division's 1st Squadron, 4th Cavalry Regiment received Purple Hearts Tuesday at Forward Operating Base MacKenzie, Iraq, for injuries received this year during Operation Iraqi Freedom."

To see the front page of the November Stars and Stripes, look for the European or Middle East editions which carried the photo: www.estripes.osd.mil

The MRC's Ken Shepherd used our DVR system to grab a still shot of Brown pointing to the photo and that will be placed in the posted version of this CyberAlert item.

-- Brent Baker

http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2004/cyb20041112.asp

It's number 3 on the list.

I've already gone to the CNN website, found the program, and let this hack have a piece of my mind.

~mugged~
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides his voice, airplanes must have sucked out Brown's rationality and mind. Evil or Very Mad
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will stop only when Kerry is stopped.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother wrote:
It will stop only when Kerry is stopped.

True. I would not be surprised Kerry is behind a lot of this.
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown is a CNN elitist turd without the cajones to be an "inbed". I would expect that from someone who hasn't the slighest knowledge of what a REAL Purple Heart means. One of those troopers in that picture ought to come home and beat his A**. But they won't because they are better than that. And that, Mr. Brown, is the difference between you and them!!!

F**kin' liberal snobs......

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Shooter

Sir, you have single-handedly besmirched and disparaged
the good name of elitist turds everywhere.
Congratulations! Very Happy

Mission Accomplished!!
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sround

Thank you for that very kind compliment. I do try......

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: