SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Navy Times-Willing mouthpiece for Vietnam smear merchant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CDRSalamander
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Navy Times-Willing mouthpiece for Vietnam smear merchant Reply with quote

You need to get a copy of the 27 SEP 04 Navy Times. Go to the back page. There he is.

Wayne Smith.

Follow my link to the whole story. Shame on them,

http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/2004/12/navy-times-mouthpiece-for-known.html
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Mr. Smith's article;

Quote:
Now that some of the reasons for their mission are losing credibility, some soldiers will question the legitimacy of being there at all. When this happens, another set of psychological stressors takes hold as soldiers struggle internally to attach a redemptive meaning to their hellish war experience.

It would appear that he and Kerry were taught from the same exact script back in 1971.

As far as I'm concerned, any question of legitimacy involved in this war, or Vietnam, came from the extreme anti-war left and was used as the catalyst to hammer returning troops in the way they did, totally robbing us of any and all validation for our service.

What he wrote above is basically what bothered me the most after returning from Vietnam. That being, all the media and psychologists pointing out how "real" veterans are, yet I didn't experience those misgivings. What I did experience was a countries discord for serving in the first place.

By their psycho babble, shouldn't the WW2 generation have been the worst monsters, not the Greatest Generation?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen, both of you.

CDRSalamander wrote:
He is not, however, someone that any reputable publication, much less Navy Times, should expend paper and ink to send out to their readers.

We discontinued our subscription to Navy Times a long time ago. Can't handle the decidedly anti-military, anti-war editorial slant.

When our own troops are reading about how they're being "used" and that the mission they're on is unappreciated at home from a paper that's supposed to be INTENDED for the troops, what are they supposed to think?

Might be a good opportunity here for a publisher - compete with Army, Air Force and Navy Times with a newspaper actually written for military and veterans.

BG Burkett in Stolen Valor wrote:
Mr. Smith is a Vietnam veteran, but not the kind of person you want speaking to your High School age child’s history class. According to Mr. Smith’s military record pulled via a Freedom of Information Act request by Mr. Burkett in 1992, while in the service Mr. Smith was sentenced to hard labor for going AWOL. Additionally, once he left the service he expanded his record of honor. In 1971 Mr. Smith was indicted for the 1971 murder of Kenneth Donnelly, finally convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to 10 years on 03 January 1973 (State of Rhode Island vs. Wayne Smith, Case #72-288).

Thank heavens for Stolen Valor and Google. As noted on your blog, no one with such heavy connections to VVA should ever get ink and space in NAVY TIMES!

Thanks for the heads up, CDR.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, if it wasn't for bloggers, email and the internet. Who knows how long another monster like Smith would get away with spewing his trash? I wish someone would start a blog that re visits the stories of the old media and makes the needed corrections.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't cancel make them change. I mean why the F*#K do we put up with these liberal CS'ers. Let's get them fired or sent to Iraq to see first hand what they are writing about. I've written a few letters to the Marine Corps times which also seems to have liberals putting the paper out. I guess you can't find any literate people that aren't liberals. Rolling Eyes

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the Military Times papers, Army, AF, Marine, and Navy are owned and published by Gannett... you know... USA Today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: