SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shooting of Iraqi prisoner probed
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DinkyDOw
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Shooting of Iraqi prisoner probed Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6502452/

How is this any different than what John Kerry did to that kid in Viet Nam with the rocket? Yet the MSM didn't even question Kerry about it but is running wild on this poor kid. This guy wasn't a prisoner as is being reported. He was wounded and left in the Mosque by another platoon. The next day Marines took fire from the same mosque and this “insurgent ” paid the ultimate price. I don’t have a problem with what Kerry did to that kid in Viet Nam or what this American kid did. MSM should leave him alone and let them continue the great and dangerous job they're doing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The msm hates Bush. That is why Kerry got a free pass by the msm. The msm will look for, try to find and twist, to spin even the smallest water drop to defame Bush and our troops. This Marine should be investigated, that is our process. It is this investigation by the military that will either prove or disprove any wrong doing.

Who ever (I suspect it was NBC) sent that video to Al-Jazeera should be held up for treason. The reporter embedded with that Marine should have kept this to himself until the military released its official report on it.

The msm is devious and they do not care about anything, not even putting our soldiers in harms way if it serves their purpose to say, "see our troops abuse the Iraqi's" and "Bush was wrong".

I would say that the msm is sleeping with the enemy. Twisted Evil
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Shooting of Iraqi prisoner probed Reply with quote

DinkyDOw wrote:
How is this any different than what John Kerry did to that kid in Viet Nam with the rocket? Yet the MSM didn't even question Kerry about it but is running wild on this poor kid.

The only difference is that Kerry got a Silver Star for shooting a wounded man in the back.

As for the MSM, you'll remember that ABC's 'Nightline' sent a team to Vietnam and dug up a group of locals who were allegedly present at the Kerry action and swore that the place was swarming with VC and that Kerry's action was, indeed, valorous. All this 'testimony' took place, of course, with a communist minder present taking notes. 'Nightline' never bothered to interview any of our people who were there. Typical.

Schadow
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow,
Were you in Korea in the 50's? So was my dad. Know anybody by the last name of Isdale?
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted by Admin) And if the OLM can laud a book advocating the president's assasination, then I claim the right to say this. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't penalize this Marine for killing the enemy. That's what he's trained to do. That's what Marines do. They KILL the enemy. If anything is done to him it will send a REALLY BAD message to all Marines.

Let the quisling libs whine and bellyache. Who freaking cares? The Iraqi people are probably wondering why we aren't doing this to EVERY prisoner.

This Marine will be investigated and then CLEARED. Anything less is not acceptable and will cause great harm.

(Deleted by Admin) If I was him I would sleep with one eye open, otherwise he will end up with one of those big ole sand spiders in his sleeping bag. Evil or Very Mad
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry gets a Silver Star for doing the same thing...
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
Schadow,
Were you in Korea in the 50's? So was my dad. Know anybody by the last name of Isdale?

Sorry, the name doesn't ring a bell. No heroics here. Got there just as the 'armistice' was being finalized. Stationed mainly near Chunchon. Our biggest effort was trying to keep the South Koreans from starting up the war again and, also, trying to help the poor farmers get back on their feet after their oxen were blown away by the %&#*@&# North Korean unmapped land mines. The country was a total mess. I'd like to go back there someday.

Schadow
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the same ones who tried to cash a million dollar bill at Wal-Mart..
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
Inatizzy wrote:
Schadow,

Sorry, the name doesn't ring a bell. No heroics here. Got there just as the 'armistice' was being finalized. Stationed mainly near Chunchon. Our biggest effort was trying to keep the South Koreans from starting up the war again and, also, trying to help the poor farmers get back on their feet after their oxen were blown away by the %&#*@&# North Korean unmapped land mines. The country was a total mess. I'd like to go back there someday.

Schadow

My dad was a airplane navigator. His plane crashed into Mt. Pinatubo in the Phillipines in December of 1950. His whole crew is buried under one big headstone at Jefferson Barracks. All they found of him was his pocket New Testament. He carried it everywhere. I was 2. I never got to know him.

I hope you get to go back one day. I'm sure it's much improved over when you last saw it.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
My dad was a airplane navigator. His plane crashed into Mt. Pinatubo in the Phillipines in December of 1950. His whole crew is buried under one big headstone at Jefferson Barracks. All they found of him was his pocket New Testament. He carried it everywhere. I was 2. I never got to know him.

I'm so sorry you never got to know your Dad. Just know that he will live on as long as someone remembers him.

Schadow
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Rurik in this one. I think I've already made it plainly clear what my own attitude is toward these damned snoops. (Deleted By Admin)
He's going to get good men killed. I've known a lot of guys named Kevin over the years and they've all been trouble. I can't think of one who wasn't a slacker or a backstabber of some sort.
There has to be something wrong with command that they allow these pigs
to interfere with the procession of the war. It seems that they are deliberately handing the men to the enemy on a silver platter. I think the Brass should seriously reconsider the idea of embeded reporters. This present situation is totally intollerable. Evil or Very Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note:

Either tone down the rhetoric in this topic or I'll have to lock it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be no reporters with units in Iraq. War is an emotional and violent affair, and to have anyone arm chair quarterbacking is wrong. This Marine was doing his job, Like it or not his mission is to delete the enemy. This is not a group of cops kicking in the door of a drug house, War is continuing around you and to stop and spend extra time examining your situation will result in your own untimely death. It must be remembered that this person was trying to kill them moments earlier and to stop and frisk for weapons and aid there wounds and maybe make them comfortable makes no sense. This soldier is doing his job, and his job sucks. There is no place for journalists in combat !
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATACKM wrote:
There is no place for journalists in combat !

I'm not sure I agree. I think the embedded journalist concept can serve to highlight what we all know to be true about the VAST majority of our fighting forces. The real trick is to separate the "journalists" from the agendized propagandists. Just how you go about doing that appears to be worthy of investigation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: